Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-26-2011, 07:45 PM   #21
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Moto: DR200, SV650

I haven't really ridden at all this year since school started. Not sure how I will feel once I graduate in August but I really have no desire to ride the streets here in Vegas. Even in my car, I feel like I am going to get killed by some drunkard. But both bikes are paid for...

If anything I will probably sell the dualie and get smaller dirtbike.
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:49 PM   #22
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Greg, BMW GT. Seriously. All you have to do is ride one and you'll be hooked. That is, especially if you ride at night. That headlight is absolutely tremendous. It's crazy that the headlight - with ALL the advances on that bike - the HEADLIGHT was my favorite thing
I like the way it LOOKS....now, if only I had connections to arrange a test ride.
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:17 PM   #23
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSGregman View Post
I like the way it LOOKS....now, if only I had connections to arrange a test ride.
If only.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:58 PM   #24
tached1000rr
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2009 GSXR 1300

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Whats nice is there are a lot of choices out there now. I had a hard time narrowing the field after the priller crapped out and still havent made a decision but I still have some demos to ride.
Have you found any dealers not willing to allow test rides? I'm considering adding one of the same that you are looking at fjr1300, concourse, Sprint, ST1300 etc Thus far I've yet to have Saturday that I could even try, hoping to do so this weekend.
tached1000rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 10:00 PM   #25
tached1000rr
WERA White Plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Greg, BMW GT. Seriously. All you have to do is ride one and you'll be hooked. That is, especially if you ride at night. That headlight is absolutely tremendous. It's crazy that the headlight - with ALL the advances on that bike - the HEADLIGHT was my favorite thing
Did the GT feel heavy to you? Do you like the way it handles?
Old 07-26-2011, 10:03 PM   #26
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tached1000rr View Post
Have you found any dealers not willing to allow test rides? I'm considering adding one of the same that you are looking at fjr1300, concourse, Sprint, ST1300 etc Thus far I've yet to have Saturday that I could even try, hoping to do so this weekend.
Triumph seems to have demo bikes at most dealers, I already demoed the sprint and tiger at a demo day. Now the dealer in CT I contacted said I should come in and ride both then make a decision. Whats nice is I can get a longer ride then the 20 minute canned ride at the other demo.

For the kawi I am going to their demo day this weekend to ride the ninja 1k. In NY I think the big 4 may be hard to get demos on unless its aless common bike aka not a sport bike but the euro shops seem more willing.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 10:06 PM   #27
tached1000rr
WERA White Plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Triumph seems to have demo bikes at most dealers, I already demoed the sprint and tiger at a demo day. Now the dealer in CT I contacted said I should come in and ride both then make a decision. Whats nice is I can get a longer ride then the 20 minute canned ride at the other demo.

For the kawi I am going to their demo day this weekend to ride the ninja 1k. In NY I think the big 4 may be hard to get demos on unless its aless common bike aka not a sport bike but the euro shops seem more willing.
I miss my scheduled day to ride at the BMW dealership, need to reschedule asap.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:19 PM   #28
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

I haven't ridden in at least two months. Been busy as hell and it's obviously been hotter than hell. I had to ride the baby ninja everyday for two years no matter the weather. I am a fair weather rider now and I don't give a shit.
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:59 PM   #29
No Worries
Keyboard Racer

Moto: Old Superbikes

Could be the weather. Could be the bike. Could be the same old roads. Or it could be the (gasp) rider. In the last four years I've taken three riding classes. Two were taught by Lee Parks. The classes drastically increased my riding ability, changed my outlook on riding, and brought back the excitement of when I first got on a bike.
No Worries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:50 AM   #30
Fleck750
Spiker bike

Moto: KZ750

The Concourse was lovely from the back seat, I will say. Suspension was wonderful and it still had lots of power two up. Have a friend in Texas who loves his to death, travels 1000's of miles on it each summer with no problems.

And yes, it has been hotter than hell this summer in flatlandia Kansas, I haven't gone anywhere. Will wait till fall to hit the Ozark twisties, then freaking winter will be here.