Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 11-11-2008, 10:18 AM   #21
tommymac
Moto GP Star

I am going to work my ass off this winter, between a house downpayment, starting my TL project and looking for a new track bike I need to finance all this somehow.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:48 PM   #22
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
gonna get the board waxxed and the edges sharpened soon, then its off to the slopes.

fuck ya.
Ditto. GOing to try some slopes I haven't been to yet. Where do you snowboard in Ohio?
Old 11-11-2008, 01:14 PM   #23
MikeSP1
Perpetual trouble

Moto: VTX 1300C, RC51, CBR600RR, CBR929RR

If I don't have to go in this weekend (ya right, who am I kidding) then I'll head down to Takeda and buy new board/boots/bindings and hit the slopes 'til I head to the desert. Oh yeah, and mods/repairs (fender, brakes, forks...)
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO!"
MikeSP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 03:37 PM   #24
Krabill
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: 08 WR250R, 12 XTZ1200

Quote:
the off season for me is drinking/snowboarding season... you know what they say, absense makes the heart grow fonder.

i just realized how much i'll have to up my drinking in order to actually classify winter as drinking season though... i may not make it to 2009.
Snowboarding you say? Akron, Ohio? Can only be one place

I learned how to ski when I was 4 years old at Boston Mills. Learned how to snowboard when I was 22 at Brandywine. I've had lot's of fun on those two hills growing up. Held a season pass for years.

My winter plans? Ride. We don't have much in the way of winter here in Okieland.
Krabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 03:59 PM   #25
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krabill View Post
Snowboarding you say? Akron, Ohio? Can only be one place

I learned how to ski when I was 4 years old at Boston Mills. Learned how to snowboard when I was 22 at Brandywine. I've had lot's of fun on those two hills growing up. Held a season pass for years.

My winter plans? Ride. We don't have much in the way of winter here in Okieland.
hell ya, nice to meet a former local.

I personally hate BWBM, but i can get in for 10 bucks friday and saturday, and that aint shabby. BW's terrain park has gotten much better as well, sadly no half pipe in a few years though.

I like to head to peak and peak, holiday valley, and especially Gore Mt when the weather is bad.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 04:00 PM   #26
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenix_Rider View Post
Ditto. GOing to try some slopes I haven't been to yet. Where do you snowboard in Ohio?
brandywine and boston mills is closest. You wanna meet up in holiday valley or peak and peak sometime this winter?
Old 11-11-2008, 04:18 PM   #27
Krabill
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: 08 WR250R, 12 XTZ1200

I was born in Alliance and grew up there (with a cabin in Northern Michigan where we spent our summers and winter breaks). Lived in Canton for a while, North Canton for a while. Played in a few bands around Canton and Akron for a few years.

I think BW had just started making their half-assed half pipe for a couple years before I moved away, so I never really saw much of a terrain park. I usually did the night skiing thing because we got a decent discount for the Wednesday night weekly deal.

When I moved to Michigan I joined the ski team and skied all over up there, but I think I only made it to P&P once and Holiday Valley once. BMBW was just closer for me.
Krabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 04:25 PM   #28
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

the terrain park at BW is really great now. they usually set up a huge 2 stepped 15-20 foot ramp w/ landing right off the bat with an elevated launch pad. you can get tons of air.

they had about half a dozen table tops, a quarter pipe, a few boxes, a rainbow rail, a whale rail, a straight rail w/ jump and landing, some smaller hills, and a few combinations. that was last year.

its gotten better every year.
Old 11-11-2008, 05:54 PM   #29
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R

Quote:
brandywine and boston mills is closest. You wanna meet up in holiday valley or peak and peak sometime this winter?
Sure, I have no idea where those are, but sure. Have to go out on a weekend. I usually go to the Wisp and Seven Springs during the week- gotta love local nights and company hookups. I'm also planning to hit Blue Knob and Snowshoe and maybe Canaan Valley.
Old 11-11-2008, 06:08 PM   #30
BobTheBiker
too much time on my hands

Moto: 01 ZX6R, looking for more now.

"off season" what is this off season thing you people speak of? I'm in central florida, where "winter" means just throw on a longer shirt under your riding jacket, and some heavier gloves.

I think I'm going to use that cold month to put some new pilot jets in and get some velocity stacks built for my bike.
BobTheBiker is offline   Reply With Quote