Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 07-21-2010, 04:19 AM   #1
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja
Default More drug war BS, finally starting to clear.

MDMA has never killed anyone.

The Ecstasy deaths reported by the government were later attributed to a lab error, and were in fact caused by Methamphetamine.

The "apology", and "correction" of this "error" (a full 6 months later) was never reported as widely as the initial report that stated that Ecstasy kills (the original report is still repeated as gospel in the press to this day).

Many professionals were already starting to use it to treat various psychological conditions.

As usual, the government demonized it as a horrible drug, lied to everyone, and put a lot of people in jail (and to work, putting people in jail).

However, for whatever reason, they seem to be finally relenting, and as of '04, they apparently let some doctors actually begin studying MDMA.

To no one's surprise (at least no one who actually knows how much the government fucking lies about these kinda things, that is), nobody in the study had an adverse reaction to this comparably safe drug, and in fact, it turns out the shit is EIGHTY THREE PERCENT EFFECTIVE in treating PTSD!!!

http://www.time.com/time/health/arti...004887,00.html

Drug companies would KILL for a drug that effective in trials.

I'll let you all take this in (as this is something I already knew, but just simply adore having finally confirmed in the press), and then I'll tell you all about the next big one the government is "hiding" from everyone:

Ketamine (aka "Special K"). Horse tranquilizer.

Funny little thing about it.

It fucking cures depression about as well as MDMA apparently cures PTSD (think for just a second what THAT would do to the big drug companies who make BILLIONS on depression meds)...but I suppose that's for another study, and another Time article, yet to come...but you can say you heard it here first...

Last edited by Avatard; 07-21-2010 at 04:30 AM..
Avatard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 05:11 AM   #2
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

There are only two bad things I've heard about E.
One of which is that less conscientious chemists sometimes cut it with substances to which some people have bad reactions.

The other is that poorly moderated recreational use can cause (or perhaps exacerbate) issues with brain chemistry.

My experience doesn't confirm or deny either of these.
Still, the possibility that it could hold some benefits is good to hear.
Old 07-21-2010, 06:49 AM   #3
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Moto: turbo busa 999 Duc Goldwing & Victory

A significant fact that is ignored by those using recreational drugs in general is that people producing drugs like MDMA are not governed nor is there any quality control. Ad to that the majority of the people cooking (By in large they are NOT CHEMISTS but guys with names like Porkchop and Twitch) are users themselves. So strength and uniformity of dose are simply not predictable. Additionally it is relatively common practice for people to mix cheaper compounds to mimic the more expensiveones, (here on the east coast were were seeing high doses of DM + methamphetamine sold as MDMA )
One more issue that is MDMA specific. This is a fairly complex amphetamine based drug and a difficult drug to make, amateurs often get close but wind up producing compound that mimic most of the effects but produce a drug that shuts off the body's ability to regulate internal body temperature. Hyperthermia is common and lots of the deaths attributed to MDMA are actualy the result of this sloppy chemistry. ( a fact that could easily be addressed by legalization)
For the record MDMA is a stimulant based Hallucinogen that overdrives the the dopamine and with frequent use will cause the development of paranoid aggressive personality. (this is because it is a stimulant)
to look up confirmation
Old 07-21-2010, 07:17 AM   #4
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Abuse anything and you're fucked.

It's never killed anyone, but in typical government fashion, the propaganda was just fucking hyperbolic.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:10 AM   #5
tommymac
Moto GP Star

A lotof people in the hospital use ketamine for conscious sedation on patients for procedures. Seems to be well tolerated and side affects are minimal.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 08:22 AM   #6
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Don't wind up in the federal courts of the eastern disctrict of Tennessee, Avy. I will put you in jail too.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 09:15 AM   #7
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Moto: turbo busa 999 Duc Goldwing & Victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Don't wind up in the federal courts of the eastern disctrict of Tennessee, Avy. I will put you in jail too.
Yup then are the rules
Old 07-21-2010, 10:08 AM   #8
Mudpuppy
South of Heaven

Moto: 2006 Yamaha R1 50th Anniversary Edition

the constitution was written on hemp paper and washington and jefferson were pot heads.. put that in your pipe and smoke it..

Learn about photography: ATP Members
Mudpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 10:59 AM   #9
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpuppy View Post
the constitution was written on hemp paper and washington and jefferson were pot heads.. put that in your pipe and smoke it..
Unless you have evidence that Washington and Jefferson were the original purveyors of Vick's inhalers and glow sticks, you're in the wrong thread.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:16 AM   #10
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
A lotof people in the hospital use ketamine for conscious sedation on patients for procedures. Seems to be well tolerated and side affects are minimal.
That's what they used on my step-son and his brother for the first week or so in the ICU. They did have to ween the boys off with Methadone (sp?), but I believe that was due to another narcotic painkiller they were on, maybe morphine...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
Unless you have evidence that Washington and Jefferson were the original purveyors of Vick's inhalers and glow sticks, you're in the wrong thread.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote