Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Once you get there....

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/17432419/detail.html

Motorcycle Fatalities Expected To Spike During MotoGP
IMS: City Could See Dozen Bike Deaths

POSTED: 5:41 pm EDT September 9, 2008
UPDATED: 7:17 pm EDT September 9, 2008

INDIANAPOLIS -- Sunday's MotoGP race will bring motorcycles to the track and to Indianapolis roads, where police have been told to expect a spike in bike-related fatalities.

As many as 100,000 spectators will converge on Indianapolis for the Red Bull Indianapolis GP MotoGP, and at least a third of them are expected to arrive by motorcycle, 6News' Jack Rinehart reported.

Based on the experiences of other cities that have hosted MotoGP events, Indianapolis Motor Speedway security officials have warned police that the number of fatality accidents involving motorcycles could end up in the dozens.

"I know in other cities the GP race there always seems to be an increase in fatalities as far as motorcycles," said Indianapolis police Capt. Mike Bates. "It's a potential for disaster, or at least an increase in crashes."

Indianapolis police have planned extra patrols to target risky driving and will be using state police Mustangs and motorcycles to provide some extra horsepower to their enforcement.

"We have actually organized a couple of crash teams specifically designed to deal with motorcycle accidents and crashes," Bates said.

This year, 11 people have died in motorcycle accidents in Indianapolis.

Last edited by z06boy; 09-10-2008 at 02:54 PM..
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 03:04 PM   #32
t-homo
WSB Champion

This is bad. Indy, a town of 875,000 has 11 motorcycle fatalities, and Spingfield, MO, a town of 130,000 has 8 motorcycle deaths.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 04:12 PM   #33
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiZdETS View Post
oic. Well I'm a bitch when it comes to wet riding, especially on twisties so I'll probably still drive.
Will I be the only person with a 4 wheeled vehicle from this forum?
No, I'll be in 4. Haven't had the money to spend on a bike, so I've been in 4 during the last 3+ years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
Once you get there....

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/17432419/detail.html

Motorcycle Fatalities Expected To Spike During MotoGP
IMS: City Could See Dozen Bike Deaths

POSTED: 5:41 pm EDT September 9, 2008
UPDATED: 7:17 pm EDT September 9, 2008

INDIANAPOLIS -- Sunday's MotoGP race will bring motorcycles to the track and to Indianapolis roads, where police have been told to expect a spike in bike-related fatalities.

As many as 100,000 spectators will converge on Indianapolis for the Red Bull Indianapolis GP MotoGP, and at least a third of them are expected to arrive by motorcycle, 6News' Jack Rinehart reported.

Based on the experiences of other cities that have hosted MotoGP events, Indianapolis Motor Speedway security officials have warned police that the number of fatality accidents involving motorcycles could end up in the dozens.

"I know in other cities the GP race there always seems to be an increase in fatalities as far as motorcycles," said Indianapolis police Capt. Mike Bates. "It's a potential for disaster, or at least an increase in crashes."

Indianapolis police have planned extra patrols to target risky driving and will be using state police Mustangs and motorcycles to provide some extra horsepower to their enforcement.

"We have actually organized a couple of crash teams specifically designed to deal with motorcycle accidents and crashes," Bates said.

This year, 11 people have died in motorcycle accidents in Indianapolis.

Well, duh. Increase the number of motorcycles and you're going to increase the number of accidents, some of which will sadly be fatal. Part of it will be because people are watching racing and have no self control after seeing someone else ride fast. The other part is simply because you have a bunch of motorcycles when cagers aren't used to seeing them that much.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 04:49 PM   #34
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post

Well, duh. Increase the number of motorcycles and you're going to increase the number of accidents, some of which will sadly be fatal. Part of it will be because people are watching racing and have no self control after seeing someone else ride fast. The other part is simply because you have a bunch of motorcycles when cagers aren't used to seeing them that much.
Right...that's common sense but part of the reason I posted it is for any of you hotdogs that may want to play around while riding to watch for the extra Mustangs and bikes with LEO's on board...hate to see any of you get pulled and then somebody say "well duh"...
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 06:07 PM   #35
PiZdETS
⎷⎛⎝ ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ ⎷⎛⎝

Moto: ⎷⎛⎝ ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ ⎷⎛⎝

Yo when are you guys gonna be rolling through the Florence area? Or what time are you leaving Knoxville?
Old 09-10-2008, 06:27 PM   #36
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Yo when are you guys gonna be rolling through the Florence area? Or what time are you leaving Knoxville?
I have no idea. When we get there, do you want us to call you when we get close?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 06:49 PM   #37
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

i'll be getting to cinci prolly around 1 piz.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 07:58 PM   #38
PiZdETS
⎷⎛⎝ ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ ⎷⎛⎝

Moto: ⎷⎛⎝ ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ ⎷⎛⎝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I have no idea. When we get there, do you want us to call you when we get close?
Sounds good, I'll be up at 10 to be safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
i'll be getting to cinci prolly around 1 piz.
Coolness, you riding up with the rest of the pack or by yourself?
Old 09-10-2008, 08:00 PM   #39
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

Quote:
Sounds good, I'll be up at 10 to be safe.

Coolness, you riding up with the rest of the pack or by yourself?
plan on meeting them around cinci somewhere, but havent heard a definate answer.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 08:04 PM   #40
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

depends on the route we take, it may take us 10 hours to get cinci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote