Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 03-03-2009, 09:02 AM   #11
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

GSXR's are still some of the best looking Jap bikes. While they've made their shit uglier over the years....it's still light years ahead of the gawd awful Kawi's and the new R1.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 01:01 PM   #12
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
I've also avoided certain bikes because of the "taint" they had on them. The 750 Gixxers and the CBRs to name two. I clung to Yamaha even tho' for all intents and purposes both the Honda a nd the Suzuki were far superior. I finally came around in 2000 when I took my YZF1000 in for it's 3rd engine rebuild.
Ouch... 3rd engine rebuild?? Little rough much?? j/k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
It may be location that determine's a bike's popularity and with what crowd. For the longest times Ninja's were the most popular bike here. Everybody had a green ninja. I think they're still pretty damn popular here, but the zuks are closing in on them pretty fast. I see just a little more gixxers (any of them) than I do 'busas. Most of those on 'busas here drag race.
Here in columbus the GSX-R had always been the most "seen" on the road. As of 2006/7 though, i've seen a noticable slide to alot of people riding the new gen R6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
GSXR's are still some of the best looking Jap bikes. While they've made their shit uglier over the years....it's still light years ahead of the gawd awful Kawi's and the new R1.
NOW they are, now that all of the other manufacturers have made their bikes increasingly uglier. I mean come on, the new R1 is fugly, the zx10 is horrid, and the CBR1k looks like it was punched in the face. The zx-6 looks like its big brother, and the CBR6 is drawnout, overused, and boring. Now the R6 is fine imo.

But i guess if you are in it for the right reasons... looks shouldnt matter, only performance. But whatever.....
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 01:05 PM   #13
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

I would give the proverbial right nut for this GSXR, then load all over it with the left...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MUSA1236028736.jpg (136.4 KB, 0 views)

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 02:01 PM   #14
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

hey look its has that brembo brake caliper cover, think he got it off ebay?

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 02:07 PM   #15
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

Actually that is a Barry Sheene tribute bike built my motorcycle USA and being auctioned off to benefit fallen Sportrider magazines editor Andrew Trevitt

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...?article=35714

More On The Auction At Daytona To Benefit Injured Motojournalist Andrew Trevitt
Mar 02, 2009, ©Copyright 2009, Roadracing World Publishing, Inc.

From a press release issued by Kawasaki:

Ben Spies' leathers.

Marco Melandri's leathers.

Cycle World's custom big twin "sportbike."

Motorcycle USA's Barry Sheene tribute Suzuki GSX-R750.
Motorcycle Industry Contributes Over 300 Items!

An outpouring of support from the entire motorcycle industry has resulted in the donation of more than 300 items to support the live Daytona and eBay benefit auctions for veteran motojournalist Andrew Trevitt. A selection of the coolest, most-unique and valuable items will be on-hand for a special silent auction on Friday, March 6th in Kawasaki’s product display at Daytona.

Daytona silent auction items include a one-of-a-kind Cycle World magazine custom big-twin sportbike, a Motorcycle-USA.com custom Barry Sheene tribute 2008 GSX-R 750 superbike, Ben Spies’ custom 2007 Alpinestars AMA Superbike leathers, Marco Melandri’s custom 2007 Spidi MotoGP race leathers, Rickey Gadson’s custom 2008 Joe Rocket drag race leathers, Steve Rapp’s custom 2008 Dainese Daytona 200 race leathers, and a large assortment of autographed memorabilia signed by legends like: Giacomo Agostini, Eddie Lawson, Kevin Schwantz, Wayne Rainey, Randy Mamola, Valentino Rossi, Casey Stoner, Nicky Hayden, Tommy Hayden, Roger Hayden, Matt Mladin, Scott Russell, Miguel DuHamel, Jamie Hacking, Eric Bostrom, Ryan Villopoto, Tim Ferry, Richard Childress, Jeff Burton, Casey Mears, Clint Boyer, and Kevin Harvick.

The live auction will run from 8:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m., adjacent to the “Bike Nite in the Daylite” public motorcycle show in Kawasaki’s product display at Daytona International Speedway. Written “silent” bids will be accepted in person at the display and winning bidders will be contacted on Friday evening, prior to the start of the Daytona 200.

Hundreds of additional memorabilia, gear and apparel items will be listed in separate Trevitt benefit eBay auctions throughout the months of March and April. eBay items scheduled for posting during Bikeweek include: The two custom bikes listed above, Angels & Airwaves’ “big-baby” Taylor acoustic guitar (was used by A&A to write several new songs while on tour), a set of Ryan Dungey’s autographed rookie season MX gear, a Honda SX Team shirt autographed by ’09 team riders, a limited 1-of-3 artist signed & framed Adam Campbell photo of Mike Metzger back flipping his way into history over the fountain at Caesar’s Palace, a new set of Kushitani Kawasaki racing leathers, and dozens of motorcycle accessories and apparel items.

New Trevitt-Benefit eBay auction items will continue to be added throughout the months of March and April. For a look at what’s currently posted on eBay, please go to: http://motors.shop.ebay.com/merchant/trevitt-benefit.

All proceeds will be passed along to Trevitt, to help cover his medical expenses, rehabilitation and support.

Trevitt, the popular senior editor at Sport Rider magazine, suffered catastrophic injuries in a bike/car accident last November. After multiple surgeries and an extended stay in the intensive care unit, Trevitt now faces a long road to recovery and is currently undergoing physical rehabilitation.

To view updates on Andrew’s progress, please visit his recovery blog at: http://getwelltrev.blogspot.com

Please visit Kawasaki.com for more information on the Andrew Trevitt Benefit. To donate auction items, please contact Russ Brenan at Kawasaki (949) 770-0400 ext.2726, or email: russel.brenan@kmc-usa.com

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 03:18 PM   #16
zed
yellow don't corner well

Moto: 06 ZX10R

not really my favorite but now bad
zed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 04:16 PM   #17
Porkchop
125GP Champion

I was sitting on one of these the other day, the dealer was trying really hard to get me to look into financing. I was like man, its not the financing thats the problem.... its that i will kill myself! Maybe after i get out of school.

1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Old 03-03-2009, 06:38 PM   #18
p00kienrayray
dope fiend

Moto: JICKSIR SICKS HUNNERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamerhaw View Post
we're not all "that guy" i've got 2 sets of leathers, 4 jackets, 3 pairs of boots, 5 pairs of gloves, and 11 helmets, etc, and I WEAR them, not all at once but they are worn
holy shit! did you say 11 helmets????????????
p00kienrayray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 07:04 PM   #19
r!der
snowboarder

Moto: 05 GSXR 600

YUTTTTT UUUGGGGHHHHH!!! I still want an R6.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:19 PM   #20
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by r!der View Post
YUTTTTT UUUGGGGHHHHH!!! I still want an R6.
One of the newer R6's? I was sitting on this one too. I like the feel of the 07 R1 better.

1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold