Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 05-29-2008, 09:00 PM   #1
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR
Default Corsa III's, First impressions.

Wasnt blown away at first, to be honest. They dont "fall" into turns like the PPs, but are much more consistant i noticed. They are very consistant throughout the turn. IE it is not harder to get farther over. they just seem to get down with ease at far angles.

I was just testing some superslab onramps at a nimble speed, and while at a cloverleaf while leaning pretty far, i decided to see how much farther i could get them over and it caught me off guard how smooth and effortless the transition was, even for how far i was off the bike. So over all i wouldnt say the fall in is any better or worse than Pilot powers, its just different. Its almost like PP's WANT to get that extreme lean angle asap, and the corsa is more about controlling the lean angle. This was extremely apparent in switchbacks. getting the bike down, then up, then down again was effortless. I was very happy with the precision of the tire.

Stickyness? well the tires are just being broken in, so i cant really say too much about em in that respect. They FEEL good in corners, like you're riding on glue. I have to say that i felt much better taking hard turns in these than the 208's. had no slippage issues. When in the corner you really feel like you're connected to the ground, you don't have that "floaty" unattached feel (like i got from the 208s)

Not much more to say about em now, they're new tires, anything new is gonna be better than the take offs. As for if i'll buy em again i wont be able to say till i take em somewhere challenging.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 09:14 PM   #2
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

You really need to hit the heat cycle to get the sticky feel. Plus PPs really nice fall in is only good for the first 500 miles or so before the tire flattens, I always hate when that fall in goes away on the PPs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 09:24 PM   #3
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
You really need to hit the heat cycle to get the sticky feel. Plus PPs really nice fall in is only good for the first 500 miles or so before the tire flattens, I always hate when that fall in goes away on the PPs.
so true.

I didnt really get into anything until i did some real hard stops and accelerations. Really just doing everything i could for about the first 30 miles to get them heated up.

Im really impressed with them around the twisties. They really grip the road well, its the softest compound i've ridden on thus far though.

im kinda pissed that by the time i get down to tenn next week they'll be a little boxed out. I plan on taking the superslab at least half the way. especially if theres bad weather. thats pretty much gonna be my break in period for them.
Old 05-29-2008, 09:31 PM   #4
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
so true.

I didnt really get into anything until i did some real hard stops and accelerations. Really just doing everything i could for about the first 30 miles to get them heated up.

Im really impressed with them around the twisties. They really grip the road well, its the softest compound i've ridden on thus far though.

im kinda pissed that by the time i get down to tenn next week they'll be a little boxed out. I plan on taking the superslab at least half the way. especially if theres bad weather. thats pretty much gonna be my break in period for them.
They are gonna be toast after the slab. Mine are showing wear after only 400 miles.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 09:34 PM   #5
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
They are gonna be toast after the slab. Mine are showing wear after only 400 miles.
Yea. but i cant send em back now.

Im gonna take the roads i know down to about C-bus, then get on the slab and head for cinci, and then take some SR's to maybe lexington the first day...

Shit i leave in 5 days and i haven't planned a route yet.
Old 05-30-2008, 12:43 AM   #6
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

My odometer clicked over to 2000 miles. I figure I have about 500 left on the rear stupid high torque V-twins Suppose I'll have to pony up for another rear until the front is gone.
Even with it getting squared off from all my commuting, it still has a really easy transition from left to right, with a good overall feel.

In all, I love the corsa III's grip and feel, I HATE their wear (or lack thereof)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 02:12 AM   #7
PiZdETS
⎷⎛⎝ ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ ⎷⎛⎝

Moto: ⎷⎛⎝ ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ ⎷⎛⎝

They sound awesome, can't wait to try mine out.
I've had them with the bike at this ducati shop for almost 3 weeks waiting for some fucking tool to properly change the tires on marchesini rims. So lame.

Hit me up when you're heading near cincy, I'll take you down into kentucky on I-75 south for some badass switchbacks near me.
Old 05-30-2008, 06:18 AM   #8
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiZdETS View Post
They sound awesome, can't wait to try mine out.
I've had them with the bike at this ducati shop for almost 3 weeks waiting for some fucking tool to properly change the tires on marchesini rims. So lame.

Hit me up when you're heading near cincy, I'll take you down into kentucky on I-75 south for some badass switchbacks near me.
sounds good. how bout giving me a couch to sleep on tuesday night?
Old 05-30-2008, 08:35 AM   #9
PiZdETS
⎷⎛⎝ ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ ⎷⎛⎝

Moto: ⎷⎛⎝ ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ ⎷⎛⎝

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
sounds good. how bout giving me a couch to sleep on tuesday night?
Wish I could, I'm staying at the rents house right now.
I'll ask a couple friends.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:51 AM   #10
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiZdETS View Post
Wish I could, I'm staying at the rents house right now.
I'll ask a couple friends.
sweet. i may find a park bench or rest stop picnic table to sleep on.