Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Mechanical or Tech

Old 07-14-2009, 07:55 PM   #1
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Almost forgot. you changed the fluid, are you sure you didn't get any bubbles/air? No offense but are you sure that Dot4 is the correct fluid? I still wonder if you "accidentally" got the Honda oil with Moly...you wouldn't be the first guy to do it!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 08:05 PM   #2
'73 H1 Triple
restorer of the original

Moto: '93 ZR1100 &'73 Kawasaki H1 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Almost forgot. you changed the fluid, are you sure you didn't get any bubbles/air? No offense but are you sure that Dot4 is the correct fluid? I still wonder if you "accidentally" got the Honda oil with Moly...you wouldn't be the first guy to do it!
I have a big siphon that I used to pull the fluid out of the reservoir. I did not touch the clutch lever until I refilled it.

I'm positive it's DOT 4 as it is cast into the cover for both the brakes and the clutch. ( but thanks for asking )
'73 H1 Triple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 08:13 PM   #3
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by '73 H1 Triple View Post
I have a big siphon that I used to pull the fluid out of the reservoir. I did not touch the clutch lever until I refilled it.

I'm positive it's DOT 4 as it is cast into the cover for both the brakes and the clutch. ( but thanks for asking )

Hey just a thought... it's the suddenness of it that puzzles me, besides I always had the clutch give me grief in the higher gears first before it went out completely. It just seems that it has to be something to do with the fluid or the oil, you know? If you used synthetic or oil with friction modifiers in the last change, it would take a while to affect the clutch, so that made sense to me. Oh well, good luck bro! You can try bleeding the clutch system just in case.... it definitely takes less time than taking it apart.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote