iphone 3 10.00%
droid 15 50.00%
tater's whore of an ex wife 12 40.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-17-2009, 12:44 PM   #21
BobTheBiker
too much time on my hands

Moto: 01 ZX6R, looking for more now.

I'm actually stuck with my current phone til june, so when its time to upgrade, odds are good I'm gonna have a LOT of options.

Tmobile offers a barcode scanner app for droid phones, as a freebie, something I learned browsing their catalog. they have some apps that really, are just pretty badass. iphones have a lot of apps, like a GIANT app store, but honestly I dont think their apps are as cool.
BobTheBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 01:10 PM   #22
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

We're huge lovers of the iPhone, and we've literally never had a problem with AT & T... that said, I've tinkered with a couple of Droids, and been very impressed with them. Definitely a cool gadget... so if you can get it for half the price, and you're not a fan of AT & T, it sounds like it's the way to go for you.
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 01:29 PM   #23
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by neebelung View Post
We're huge lovers of the iPhone, and we've literally never had a problem with AT & T...
Except when you came up here and had spotty service.

I was reading a tech review today that said a lot of AT&T problems that have been blamed on the company is actually Apple hardware issues. Poor radio code and them being new to cell programming/hardware has really put more of the bad service issues on apple vs AT&T. Also if a new verizon version for LTE comes out in 2010, it could bring similar issues to Verizon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 01:52 PM   #24
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post

I was reading a tech review today that said a lot of AT&T problems that have been blamed on the company is actually Apple hardware issues. Poor radio code and them being new to cell programming/hardware has really put more of the bad service issues on apple vs AT&T. Also if a new verizon version for LTE comes out in 2010, it could bring similar issues to Verizon.
I dont have the iPhone and the ATT coverage is shitty around here.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 01:57 PM   #25
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
I dont have the iPhone and the ATT coverage is shitty around here.
I like AT&T's response to Verizon's 3G map ads. Verizon's 3G map ads are accurate. Verizon has that much more of EVDO than AT&T's 3G. AT&T's response to try to make you think there is more is false, because he only mentions large cities and the 3G map is really that limited. They do have service in a lot more places than the Verizon map shows, but it's not 3G.
Quote:
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 12-17-2009, 02:01 PM   #26
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Quote:
NO one had service up there, not just AT & T customers.

(and we didn't have our iPhones then, so it wasn't the phone )
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 02:04 PM   #27
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
I like AT&T's response to Verizon's 3G map ads. Verizon's 3G map ads are accurate. Verizon has that much more of EVDO than AT&T's 3G. AT&T's response to try to make you think there is more is false, because he only mentions large cities and the 3G map is really that limited. They do have service in a lot more places than the Verizon map shows, but it's not 3G.
Yeah...both are wrong. I know that based on coverage I have around my area with ATT and what coverage friends and fam have with Verizon.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
Old 12-17-2009, 02:08 PM   #28
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neebelung View Post
NO one had service up there, not just AT & T customers.
There is a lot of that area that does have service for CDMA users. The Gap is different since it is surrounded by national park and they don't like cell towers being placed in those. It's a lot rarer to find areas for AT&T. Like where I work. I have EVDO, the AT&T users don't even have service.

So as long as you stay in cities, you may be fine, but if you want to venture out, service does become an issue a lot faster for an AT&T user. There really isn't a debate on this topic, it's service area each company has with their towers which is why people are praying for iphone to go Verizon.
Quote:
Old 12-17-2009, 02:11 PM   #29
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Yeah...both are wrong. I know that based on coverage I have around my area with ATT and what coverage friends and fam have with Verizon.
Based on 3G or just service?
Quote:
Old 12-17-2009, 02:16 PM   #30
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
Based on 3G or just service?
Just plain old voice service.

Quote: