Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Touring

Old 05-07-2011, 07:15 AM   #61
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Glad to see you again tommy.

Even though we didn't have any luck at pjc & occ. It was still good.

We made it down 9 south with a "rabbit" in the form of a Mercedes wide body amg convertible. Old dude in this thing and a local guy. He was hauling. Average 90 with a bunch of stints around 110 +/- he was in for the game of tag. Fun fun.

Stopped off for gas off 95 and ended up in the black hole known woburn, ma. That ended all bad. What a fuckin waste of time.

Then after a few stops for lodging, rejected for outrageous prices $110+ we ended up in seabrook, nh off 95.

Planning on running up route 1 into maine. Then nw back into nh towards the acadaline (sp?) Mountains.

We have been 2 hours behind since thurs. So the whole time line has been skewed. We made up an hour today/tonight and hopefully get back on schedule saturday.
Great to see you guys again as well, good to see you guys made up some time as well. I got worried as I was heading south on 91 the signs said heavy delays on 95 north to exit 50. I was hoping you guys would get on 95 further east/north of all that stuff. Ride home was prety uneventful. Little bit of traffic at the CT/NY border then on the southern state pkwy, which is a given. Rolled in the door a 8pm so it wasnt too bad, I thought I was a little closer to ny than what I was so that threw me off a little.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 12:57 AM   #62
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

We didn't make up shit last night.

Today we did. From seabrook, nh up thru portland, me. Got our good pick of fresh lobster roll. Wow it was good. Then nw into white mountain national forrest. Thru kancamgus (112) which is suppose to be the best road in the ne. Then up 93 from there which was all AMAZING!!

Then we hammered west. Didn't make the normal ferry (closed at 8pm). So we decided we would go around the lake (bording vt to ny). Well we ended up on a ferry anyway because the bridge and road was out due to flooding. Which also pushed further south. Fucksticks.

But we hammered north up 9N & 22. Rolled into lake placid around 1030pm. It was a cold and very dark ride in. But we were meeting some friends so we hammered thru.

Sunday will be our chill day. We only have under 3 hours of riding to make alexandria bay for the night. We have more than that cause my bud don is going to take us on some more great roads. But more leisurely day. So after today's 13 hours of riding today it was great.

More to come & lots of pics (probably done tuesday).
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 12:59 AM   #63
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

so the real question.... how many lobsters fit in that top box of yours?
Old 05-08-2011, 08:20 PM   #64
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Derf. I have learned that clearly depends on the size of the lobster. Some of those had claws bigger than my feet.

We did under 200 miles of leisure today. It was great as we had a tour guide in don (valueteck) and earl (bigdog). We went to the olympic ski jump and jaunted down thru the ny mid state county side.

Cave & I ended the day early in alexandria bay. We walked around, got some pizza & wings, and found a nice motel. Chillin & relaxing before our hammer home.

Got tons of great pics. Will also get some from caveman & earl's cannon slr. Will make a nice post, and will try to do slideshows on a bunch of it as well.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:49 PM   #65
zerioustt
i like titties

Sounds like an awesome trip! Be safe!
zerioustt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 10:27 PM   #66
caveman
mmmm, Beeeer

Moto: 08 HD Ultra

Well, I tell you what, that ride last night was horrible. The last hour or so was in total darkness, not even the moon was there to help us out. Glad to have those HiD's. They really lit the world in front of us. The area that we were rollin through to get to around the closed ferry was crap road and had a point of construction that I nearly biffed it on. Luckily for Gas he heard me over the CB "Oh Shit!!!" and could slow it down a bit. I took out a cone and luckily there was no oncoming or we would be one less biker on this planet and Gas would have some 'splainin' to do to my wife.
But we pulled into the Art Devlin Olympic suites and boy was that place nice. Got to meet a couple more great bikers and chew the fat before bed.
Got up and did some great miles down on some nice roads in NY. We had to split off from our tour guides a little early and ran off to Alexandria Bay. Easy evening of rest for a hard ground pounding tomorrow. Can't wait to be home except I will prolly have to change some tires and that's never cheap
caveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 10:38 PM   #67
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

That damn caveman can't even take a blind corner in complete darkness with no warning of a complete gravel surface without bitching about almost layin er down. Wtf.

It was f'ed. I heard him say that and I rolled off the throttle. Didn't really scrub off that much speed before I came across the same thing. Honestly, just keeping a level head in these situations and not over reacting with the bike always prevails.

I can't wait to upload all my pics.
Old 05-08-2011, 10:57 PM   #68
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Never heard two people complain as much about dark. Thats what happens when the sun goes down, men.

And both of you have 3 HIDs on your yachts.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 11:12 PM   #69
caveman
mmmm, Beeeer

Moto: 08 HD Ultra

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Never heard two people complain as much about dark. Thats what happens when the sun goes down, men.

And both of you have 3 HIDs on your yachts.
Big talker from some guy that never gets out of his own state.
caveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 11:26 PM   #70
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by caveman View Post
Big talker from some guy that never gets out of his own state.
I've seen him outside his own state before, he hit NJ for like 20 miles then turned around and headed for home.