Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 06-20-2010, 11:36 PM   #101
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
I don't think it's Mexicans per say moreso than the quantity of Mexicans. You may have Koreans, Salvadorians, Haitians etc, but they are not flooding in by the thousands every month.

However, even the child regardless of their race picks the white doll. I'm just sayin.
That can be partially due to our media shaped culture (the white doll).

As for the quantity, would you prefer us returning to a "country of origin" quota system vs the country agnostic type system we have now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 11:44 PM   #102
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
I certainly don't see discrimination against Mexicans. What groups are claiming that Mexicans are being discriminated against?
Mexicans?

The Mexican President?

And several (usually Democrat) politicians who pander to them?
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 12:15 AM   #103
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Mexicans?

The Mexican President?

And several (usually Democrat) politicians who pander to them?
THen your Mexican rights groups.

Everyone is "oppressed" and to question how much they are oppressed is just pure evil to even think. If you are a straight-caucasion-christian-priviledged male then have absolutely no say in anything.
Old 06-21-2010, 06:57 AM   #104
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Papa...
Please indicate where the song and the sign in the picture are from.
United states
or Great Britain.

It would be rather silly to build this whole case about Irish discrimination when all your evidence is from the UK.
The song was from the UK, but was later adopted by Irish American immigrants. While you'll find many images of signs from the UK, that one was from New York.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 08:56 AM   #105
pauldun170
Serious Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
While you'll find many images of signs from the UK, that one was from New York.
Any idea where in New York? Where did you get that info?

Other sites have it in London.
http://www.londonmet.ac.uk/irishstud...ive/policy.cfm
http://daithaic.blogspot.com/2009/01...eed-apply.html

Quote:
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
Old 06-21-2010, 09:00 AM   #106
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Nope, sorry. No idea. Pulled it off some random historical website.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 09:50 AM   #107
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
I certainly don't see discrimination against Mexicans. What groups are claiming that Mexicans are being discriminated against?
As Homeslice already pointed out, Mexicans, the President of Mexico, American politicians, the ACLU, the Mexican American Legal Defense & Education Fund, the National Immigration Law Center, and the NAACP are a few of the people/groups.

Where are you seeing the discrimination today that you want compared to Irish/Italian historical immigration? You call me a jackass for talking about Mexicans, yet in the next post 101lifts quotes you saying the main issue is Mexicans, regardless of their legal status. I fail to see how I am the jackass because I remember what you have stated in this thread while you don't.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 11:33 AM   #108
pauldun170
Serious Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
As Homeslice already pointed out, Mexicans, the President of Mexico, American politicians, the ACLU, the Mexican American Legal Defense & Education Fund, the National Immigration Law Center, and the NAACP are a few of the people/groups.

Where are you seeing the discrimination today that you want compared to Irish/Italian historical immigration? You call me a jackass for talking about Mexicans, yet in the next post 101lifts quotes you saying the main issue is Mexicans, regardless of their legal status. I fail to see how I am the jackass because I remember what you have stated in this thread while you don't.
The comments about Irish/Italians was a specific discussion with Papa for informational purposes. Its a an offshoot of an offshoot of the original topic.

flow
Original topic

Me
Quote:
From what I gather, the main issue isn't immigration or their legal status.
Its Mexicans.

If every Mexican crossing the border did so legit and were completely legal, I have a feeling that instead of calling for better border controls folks would be calling for strict quotas on Mexican immigrants.
Homeslice introduced
Quote:
So in other words, people don't like them because they have (semi)brown skin. Millions of, say, French people could enter illegally and pop out millions of kids, occupy emergency rooms, drive without insurance, earn money under the table, send billions of it outside the US, wave the French flag everywhere including on July 4th, and claim that they hold original rights to this land, and nobody would have any problem with it, because they're white.
I repsonded with
Quote:
Throughout our history, it is those who looked different that generated the most butthurting among the majority.

There were no laws against Irish or Italian immigrants but there damn sure laws against asian and african countries.

Its natural. If they look different then they are bad.
It is subliminal.
Papa
Quote:
Paul, around the turn of the last century it was Irish who were looked down upon. Then it was Italians. These people you imply aren't readily recognizable in a public setting were, in fact, readily recognizable.
From there it it branched off on a "post your info discussion". Papa posted a pic to support his claim and I challenged.

As for the second part of you post:
first part of my post means exactly what it says.
I personally do not see Mexicans being discriminated against.

Second part is literal
"What groups are claiming that Mexicans are being discriminated against?"
Its a query for information.

I want to know which groups are making the claim so I can review the case they are trying to make.

To sum up...
You = Jackass

Quote:

Last edited by pauldun170; 06-21-2010 at 11:36 AM..
Old 06-21-2010, 01:52 PM   #109
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
The comments about Irish/Italians was a specific discussion with Papa for informational purposes. Its a an offshoot of an offshoot of the original topic.

flow
Original topic

Me

Homeslice introduced

I repsonded with

Papa

From there it it branched off on a "post your info discussion". Papa posted a pic to support his claim and I challenged.

As for the second part of you post:
first part of my post means exactly what it says.
I personally do not see Mexicans being discriminated against.

Second part is literal
"What groups are claiming that Mexicans are being discriminated against?"
Its a query for information.

I want to know which groups are making the claim so I can review the case they are trying to make.

To sum up...
You = Jackass
My summary is a little different. You state that the problem is that they are Mexican or, more broadly look different, which leads to natural discrimination. "Its natural. If they look different then they are bad.
It is subliminal."

My contention is that isn't backed up by immigration statistics. You now state that you don't see any discrimination against Mexicans yet you earlier stated "If every Mexican crossing the border did so legit and were completely legal, I have a feeling that instead of calling for better border controls folks would be calling for strict quotas on Mexican immigrants." That certainly sounds like discrimination to me, and specifically directed at Mexicans.

I am trying to understand this apparent disconnect and somehow I'm the jackass?
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 02:04 PM   #110
pauldun170
Serious Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
My summary is a little different. You state that the problem is that they are Mexican or, more broadly look different, which leads to natural discrimination. "Its natural. If they look different then they are bad.
It is subliminal."

My contention is that isn't backed up by immigration statistics. You now state that you don't see any discrimination against Mexicans yet you earlier stated "If every Mexican crossing the border did so legit and were completely legal, I have a feeling that instead of calling for better border controls folks would be calling for strict quotas on Mexican immigrants." That certainly sounds like discrimination to me, and specifically directed at Mexicans.

I am trying to understand this apparent disconnect and somehow I'm the jackass?
Hey Jackass...find the post where I talk about discrimination.

Me talk bout people feelins mon. feelins bout people who dun look different.
you gun nowhere with yo posts and weez juz goin in circles.

Quote: