Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Riding Gear

Old 04-12-2009, 12:23 PM   #41
t-homo
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYEster View Post
Take a guess - the Govenator.

And my issue is I don't know how much street use my bike will see. CURRENTLY I only do trackdays, and go out for fun on the weekends for the same "laps". HOWEVER if my girl loses her job AND gas shoots back up to $4 a gal, I'll be riding to work to save THUS putting me in a predicament on my next set of tires.

However I have 2CTs Pilots on there now which are fairly new. They're actually starting to wear to a point now Whereas before the moron before me who traded the bike in on a harley, decided flat and wide was a better tire choice. (190/50 )
190/55 FTW. Tigger ran a 200/50 for a while.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 12:54 PM   #42
TYEster
With MORE TYEstosterone

Moto: '12 KX450F / 08 YZ250F #512 / 07 KX65 #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rock View Post
190/55 FTW. Tigger ran a 200/50 for a while.
I hope so, cause last time I checked superbike tires aren't really supposed to be this flat. Ugh

Oh well, few more trackdays and maybe some burnouts will tear em up enough to justify a new set of tires.
TYEster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 02:38 PM   #43
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Um...who's a fucking moron? They were running and may still run a 200 series tire on the rear in World Superbike. I'm sure that YOU know better though,right Sparky?
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 07:23 PM   #44
TYEster
With MORE TYEstosterone

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Um...who's a fucking moron? They were running and may still run a 200 series tire on the rear in World Superbike. I'm sure that YOU know better though,right Sparky?
Who you talking to? lol

*I was refering to my tires btw, not yours. If you could see mine, they almost literally looked squared off when I picked my bike up. Plus I like em coming to a "sharp" point, for a quick drop in/drop down, whatever you call it. My rim is apparently made extra wide to fit the bigger tire, and thus putting a lower profile on it leaves it handling less than optimal.(or at least says the physics in my head)

Last edited by TYEster; 04-12-2009 at 07:35 PM..
Old 04-12-2009, 08:25 PM   #45
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Who you talking to? lol

*I was refering to my tires btw, not yours. If you could see mine, they almost literally looked squared off when I picked my bike up. Plus I like em coming to a "sharp" point, for a quick drop in/drop down, whatever you call it. My rim is apparently made extra wide to fit the bigger tire, and thus putting a lower profile on it leaves it handling less than optimal.(or at least says the physics in my head)

You and you're bike isn't special. You have a 6" rim just like I do. Are you sure that you even have a ZX-10... The only tires that I've seen like that is the Stinko,I mean Shinko drag race tires.
Old 04-12-2009, 08:29 PM   #46
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:

However I have 2CTs Pilots on there now which are fairly new. They're actually starting to wear to a point now Whereas before the moron before me who traded the bike in on a harley, decided flat and wide was a better tire choice. (190/50 )

This is your ignorant post,right? Basically stating that anyone with a 190/50 on the rear is a "moron". Hey we're going to Deal's Gap next month,why don't you come on over and show us morons how to do "laps" track boy?
Old 04-12-2009, 08:33 PM   #47
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Oh and motorcycle tires aren't car tires. The manufacturers use different belt profiles/techniques which will give the tires vastly different handling qualities between brands even though the tires are the same "size".
Old 04-12-2009, 09:31 PM   #48
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

make sure i sit on the inside of the turn with my bowl of popcorn for this one

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 09:42 PM   #49
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewpy View Post
make sure i sit on the inside of the turn with my bowl of popcorn for this one

Ha yea,I'm just busting his chops. He's probably okay but he definitely smells funny with these comments about "only doing track days" or "laps" and the my rim is wider than a "normal" bike. Btw are you going to be at the Gap on the 5th or 6th when we get there?
Old 04-12-2009, 09:52 PM   #50
TYEster
With MORE TYEstosterone

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
You and you're bike isn't special. You have a 6" rim just like I do. Are you sure that you even have a ZX-10... The only tires that I've seen like that is the Stinko,I mean Shinko drag race tires.
Wow u mad much?