Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 05-26-2010, 03:33 PM   #21
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/crim...-bryant-s-life

Actually it was the right thing to do. Since originally posting about this issue I came into some information regarding the cyclist. He had many previous run-ins with drivers. He was a serious drunk with a temper problem. As much as I would have liked to see Bryant made to experience the full extent of the justice system he feels is too good for some people, especially after hearing his gratitude for how well our system works with respect to 'innocent until proved guilty', this isn't something that he should own.

It didn't go to trial because there was "no reasonable prospect of conviction." In other words the evidence tended to support Bryant's story; not completely, but enough that they could never convict.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 04:15 PM   #22
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post

I'm I the only one who reads this with his bullshit flag fully raised?

"Bryant came to a red light between Bay St. and Avenue Rd., where traffic had narrowed to a single lane both ways because of construction. Sheppard, Bryant told investigators, cycled past his car on the driver’s side and then cut in front of the vehicle, stopping directly in front of the Saab.

Bryant hit the brakes and the car stalled. Attempts to get the car started again caused it to lurch forward. There appeared to be no contact between the car and Sheppard’s bike but the cyclist was livid and he was already yelling at Bryant.

He told police afterward he was in a state of panic when, restarting the vehicle, it accelerated unintentionally, shockingly, causing Sheppard to land on the hood. Bryant hit the brakes. Only 2.5 seconds elapsed from the time the vehicle started its forward motion and when it came to a halt, having travelled a total of about 30 feet. At this point, Sheppard was not seriously injured, said Peck.

The guy cuts him off on his bike....Mr. Big Shot takes offense...and "accidentally" lurches his car forward 30 feet while trying to re-start it knocking the bicyclist onto the hood? I'm not buying it....not even a little bit.

That entire article is a hatchet job...spin bought and paid for by Mr. Big Shot to save face...make HIM look like the victim.

Just another example of how having money ensures that you have access to a "different" type of "justice" than what most people face.
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 07:30 PM   #23
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

This occurred after the initial incident that sparked the confrontation. I also smell bovine feces and think that Bryant did a short charge to try and scare Sheppard into getting out of the way, but from the video I've seen it looks like he tried to go around the cyclist after that.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 08:12 PM   #24
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
The black suit, baby blue dress shirt and striped lime green tie had already been dropped off at the station before Staff Sgt. Brian Bowman began his shift at 4:30 a.m.
Sounds like a horrid mixture.......A lime green tie with a light blue shirt? Whatever works for him I guess.

Last edited by Homeslice; 05-26-2010 at 08:41 PM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote