Great pics!

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 12:38 AM   #22
julie j
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: F650GS & XT250

Welcome. That is a really cool shot My driveway is gravel so if I want to ride any of my bikes I have to start and finish in the dirt
julie j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 01:30 PM   #23
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
I like this guy already
Me too.

Guys like him are exactly why I laugh at all the "ADV riders" that feel they need a special, specifically designed, $15,000 bike just to get outside the painted white lines.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:41 PM   #24
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
Me too.

Guys like him are exactly why I laugh at all the "ADV riders" that feel they need a special, specifically designed, $15,000 bike just to get outside the painted white lines.
You would rather the guys with $30,000 bikes that can barely make corners and try to put em in the dirt? LOLz

You can take any bike off the road (SV in the motard race), I just like the bike I chose for all the things I do. Same probably goes for the harley riders.

Last edited by Trip; 10-24-2011 at 01:43 PM..
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 01:51 PM   #25
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
You would rather the guys with $30,000 bikes that can barely make corners and try to put em in the dirt? LOLz

You can take any bike off the road (SV in the motard race), I just like the bike I chose for all the things I do. Same probably goes for the harley riders.
I like to see people of all type ride.

I personally give an "Atta Boy" to those that take their bike beyond its manufactured use.

Sorry Trip, your GS is the moto equivalent of an H2. Just because someone else uses an 18-wheeler to get their groceries doesn't mean you aren't just as bad as the other 26 identically outfitted soccer-moms in the parking lot.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:03 PM   #26
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
I like to see people of all type ride.

I personally give an "Atta Boy" to those that take their bike beyond its manufactured use.

Sorry Trip, your GS is the moto equivalent of an H2. Just because someone else uses an 18-wheeler to get their groceries doesn't mean you aren't just as bad as the other 26 identically outfitted soccer-moms in the parking lot.
You could really say that about any bike though. Like the posers on sportbikes that can't even use their bike to it's manufacturer use without killing themselves. You can't kneedrag, pssht, sell your bike pansies.

I am sure my GS is meant to be out with me kneedraggin the shit out of corners.....
Old 10-24-2011, 03:08 PM   #27
shmike
Follower

Quote:
You could really say that about any bike though. Like the posers on sportbikes that can't even use their bike to it's manufacturer use without killing themselves. You can't kneedrag, pssht, sell your bike pansies.

I am sure my GS is meant to be out with me kneedraggin the shit out of corners.....
I just noticed your earlier edit about the SV.

It doesn't make a very good argument when both people basically are saying the same thing.

You don't need a CBR to drag a knee. You don't need a dirtbike to go off-road.

I would rarely, if ever tell someone to sell their bike. Definitely not because they can't use it to its potential.

On the other hand, I wouldn't encourage someone to buy a bike to do the exact same job that their current bike can do, if given the opportunity.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:15 PM   #28
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
On the other hand, I wouldn't encourage someone to buy a bike to do the exact same job that their current bike can do, if given the opportunity.
I would if it fit their riding better. I could get a harley and do all the same things I am doing now, but the bike would lose a considerable amount of ability to do some of the things I do normally. It's not just small adjustments I would have to make, it's pretty damn large adjustments. It's at this point where I would be very much for someone selling a bike to something much better suited to their riding style.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:17 PM   #29
shmike
Follower

Quote:
I would if it fit their riding better. I could get a harley and do all the same things I am doing now, but the bike would lose a considerable amount of ability to do some of the things I do normally. It's not just small adjustments I would have to make, it's pretty damn large adjustments. It's at this point where I would be very much for someone selling a bike to something much better suited to their riding style.

That's understandable.

What if you had an SV?

What if you had an SV already set up to tour?
Old 10-24-2011, 08:33 PM   #30
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

I've done it once or twice...

Awesome trip!! I'm dying to get on another trip on 2 wheels!