Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 03-29-2010, 10:15 AM   #111
AquaPython
put it THIS way

i prefer you to post with the style of spacing that makes you happiest.

you can say no to whinnie the pooh selling you honey bombs, does not mean a brain washed 3 year old is going to not nag mommy and daddy. and in doing so, start a life long addiction to crap.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:18 AM   #112
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaPython View Post
i prefer you to post with the style of spacing that makes you happiest.

you can say no to whinnie the pooh selling you honey bombs, does not mean a brain washed 3 year old is going to not nag mommy and daddy. and in doing so, start a life long addiction to crap.
If mommy and daddy didn't depend on Winnie The Pooh & Nikelodeon to baby-sit their 3 year old, maybe he wouldn't be such a whiney, fat little brat.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:21 AM   #113
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Wait, is shmike agreeing or disagreeing with us?
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 10:22 AM   #114
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

The whole thing about dollar menus is right. Lazy ass Americans want it all.

Any of you read the ingrediants of crackers or cookies, just for kicks?

Take Wheat Thins for example. At any store, you will have the "real" Wheat Thins, and then the store's duplicate version of it, sitting right next to it.

If you compare the two, the store version will have palm oil in it. It's a cheap oil that drives up the saturated fat. So, with one "serving" of crackers you've already eaten 10% of your RDA of saturated fat. But most people are too stupid to notice, they only focus on low price.

Last edited by Homeslice; 03-29-2010 at 10:37 AM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 10:25 AM   #115
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Wait, is shmike agreeing or disagreeing with us?
I agree with the premise that much of our food is bad and most people don't know (or care) what is in their boxed meal as long as it is cheap.

I don't agree that there are no other choices out there.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:27 AM   #116
Rider
Moto GP Star

That why I'm such a proponent of deer hunting. Low in fat, high in protein and you're only out the cost of a bullet and a $15 tag provided you process it yourself. Even if you pay to have it processed, it's only $100 for roughly 60lbs of meat.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 10:30 AM   #117
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

What are these "crackers" and "cookies" you speak of?

Have you ever grocery shopped at Wal-Mart? Whenever my wife and I would go we would always talk shit about the contents of other people's carts. To see a family of 4 with a cart packed with chips, sodas, fruit juices, ice cream and maaaaaybe a carton of eggs was the norm. That is how the average American that makes less than $30k a year shops....and they do so generally without a thought about it. I mean, it is really disgusting to see cart after cart full of absolute shit food.

The thing is, the "cheap" foods aren't really cheap at all. I mean sure, you saved $2 by buying chips instead of apples....but now you've got 3 prescriptions to fill every month and you're eating much more food than a normal healthy person would because the shit you're buying isn't satisfying your body's requirements.

Its like buying a cheap car that needs something fixed every week and ends up costing you 3x as much in the end.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Old 03-29-2010, 10:32 AM   #118
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
I agree with the premise that much of our food is bad and most people don't know (or care) what is in their boxed meal as long as it is cheap.

I don't agree that there are no other choices out there.
Nobody is saying there aren't other choices out there, we're saying that they're very hard to come by and require a great a mount of effort to obtain. In my case, I had to learn some basic "grocery store" Spanish to be able to shop at local markets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
That why I'm such a proponent of deer hunting. Low in fat, high in protein and you're only out the cost of a bullet and a $15 tag provided you process it yourself. Even if you pay to have it processed, it's only $100 for roughly 60lbs of meat.
Right on! It doesn't get much better than that.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:42 AM   #119
AquaPython
put it THIS way

epyon zero just posted this link this morning.
http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=13980

underscoring my point about "getting them young"
Old 03-29-2010, 10:59 AM   #120
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Exactly, "as used in the average American diet", which is what we're talking about here. Corn subsidies that put it in everything we eat and drive the cost of those products down, making them much cheaper than healthy foods like a head of lettuce or a bunch of carrots.

Corn syrup is the worst way corn makes it into our food, and corn syrup has the worst effect on our bodies...yet it is in everything that the average American eats. You're talking about nutritional education.....and that's just not going to happen dude. People are idiots, and they don't give a flying fuck aside from that. Very few people will take the time to learn about what they're eating, how it affects their bodies or so on and so forth....they simply (for whatever reason) buy the cheapest and most convenient foods.

And that's what we're "rallying" against. We want variety in food, decently priced vegetables and less junk food. So in the big picture, yes, corn is very bad for you. A corn cob alone will not hurt you or make you fat....but its when you put all these pieces together that it becomes a serious problem for the American society.
Nobody is forcing anyone to eat that much corn product. Its being bought hand over fist by personal choice. The problem isnt with corn, the problem is with not caring. Its mass produced BECAUSE theres such a demand for it.

Im yet to find a grocery store that doesnt give me other options. If the average person is too dumb to educate themselves, then good. Maybe they'll die off quickly and they will become extinct. (I know, I know, no chance. But I can dream)

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote