Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Mechanical or Tech

Old 04-12-2009, 09:18 PM   #1
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR
Default Galfer, Covers, Stuff that costs moneys...

Just bought a whole brake line kit. Galfer pads and lines, fluid included. I'm psyched. Also picked up a new stator cover. Also bought some new mirrors. I'm still waiting on my fairings but they should be showing up any day now.

My corsa's are still actually good from last season, but im not psyched about the idea of putting a bunch of super slab miles on em to start of the season, they are gonna square off quite a bit, but its not too big a deal.

New windscreen, new frame sliders, new bar ends...

Bike is gonna look good if I ever get this stuff in the mail. Just gotta work on keeping it on 2 wheels this year, lol.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 09:25 PM   #2
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Maybe you should order some training wheels too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 09:37 PM   #3
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

how about ordering a cup of slow the fuck down on the streets?

(not that i have any room to talk )

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 09:48 PM   #4
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

hey if you stay behind me you'll be in NO DANGER of crashing....unless you fall asleep that is...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 09:58 PM   #5
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

hah, u guys act like i dont learn from my mistakes. shit thats the ONLY time I learn. after a few tries i guess.

I'm gonna be pretty fresh this rally, i'll be lucky to get in more than 500 miles b4 the actual trip down. which isnt too much different than last year, so needless to say im just gonna be there to enjoy the ride. I'll park myself in front of some ladies and enjoy the view...

the only thing is once i get in the groove all i wanna do is push it, so i just gotta see how well that goes this year.

In the mean time, i should have plenty of shit to bug u guys about i the next few weeks, as i have NO experience working with brakes. I still need to find a new front right caliper, but i just saw a local shop has a pair on ebay, and i've dealt with them a ton so they'll prolly hook me up.
Old 04-12-2009, 10:26 PM   #6
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
hah, u guys act like i dont learn from my mistakes. shit thats the ONLY time I learn. after a few tries i guess.

I'm gonna be pretty fresh this rally, i'll be lucky to get in more than 500 miles b4 the actual trip down. which isnt too much different than last year, so needless to say im just gonna be there to enjoy the ride. I'll park myself in front of some ladies and enjoy the view...

the only thing is once i get in the groove all i wanna do is push it, so i just gotta see how well that goes this year.

In the mean time, i should have plenty of shit to bug u guys about i the next few weeks, as i have NO experience working with brakes. I still need to find a new front right caliper, but i just saw a local shop has a pair on ebay, and i've dealt with them a ton so they'll prolly hook me up.

Hey,seriously,NtS ANY help you need with your bike,just let me know. One thing I know how to do is put together a bike after a crash! BTW if you don't have the service manual for your bike,remind me of the year and I'll see if I can download it or at least find it for you for free.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 01:58 AM   #7
t-homo
WSB Champion

The best part about SWMO is that there is a HUGE riding community and everyone is willing to teach me how to do shit. I'll be putting my pads on in the next two weeks, so I'll probably be a step behind ya.

I ran my diablo rossos 1000 miles to indy and back as soon as I put em on and they hardly squared off at all.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 06:43 AM   #8
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rock View Post
The best part about SWMO is that there is a HUGE riding community and everyone is willing to teach me how to do shit. I'll be putting my pads on in the next two weeks, so I'll probably be a step behind ya.

I ran my diablo rossos 1000 miles to indy and back as soon as I put em on and they hardly squared off at all.
pads are so easy to change. usually dont even need to do any more than just take the caliper off.

And thx Tig. ur welcome to come up to ohio and wrench with me.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:23 AM   #9
bmblebee
Community Curmudgeon

Moto: '04 F4i

Spend 35 bucks and buy a Mityvac...makes working on brakes painless

If You Don't Know What Your Rights are...You Won't Have Any
bmblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:27 AM   #10
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

is that one of those bleeders that has the handle pump on it? those do look badass bud i already have a bleeder, so i'll prolly be fine.