Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Track

Old 11-16-2008, 11:51 PM   #11
bmblebee
Community Curmudgeon

Moto: '04 F4i

Quote:
Originally Posted by was92v View Post
What type vintage bike are you building or planning to ride?
Honda 350

If You Don't Know What Your Rights are...You Won't Have Any
bmblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 07:15 AM   #12
was92v
Nowhere Man

Twin? Those things run better than they should when they are built up. I've been suprized by a few of them.
I saw a 350-4 on the Nashville craigs list the other day for 500 bucks that jingled a little "vintage racer" bell in my head, but I made myself get over it.
was92v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 07:43 AM   #13
bmblebee
Community Curmudgeon

Moto: '04 F4i

My experience with the vintage class has been that there are old guys like me out there who have to get up and go to work on Monday morning. They are more interested in the fun and fellowship than trophies. There is less bumping and rubbing going on, because, like me, they have no realistic aspirations of an AMA, WSB or MotoGP career. We are just interested in having some fun and getting our machines and ourselves home rash free.

If You Don't Know What Your Rights are...You Won't Have Any
bmblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 07:46 AM   #14
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Mick came out and road with us yesterday, and said he and Jreese are both going to Jennings the day you are -- we're SO there.
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 09:16 AM   #15
DIMford
Nothing beats the RWB

Moto: 07 Honda Interceptor

Yeah, Jreese and I are driving down from VA to do this. Drive down Friday, Ride Saturday and drive back Sunday. I have to go to work on Monday.
The Road is a beautiful but dangerous mistress. She'll taunt and tease you with wonderful curves and glorious heights till you lose all control. Then leave you broken and bleeding to tease the next man.
DIMford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 09:31 AM   #16
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Cool, well we'll plan on coming up that Saturday (so long as Chris isn't coaching).
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 09:30 PM   #17
was92v
Nowhere Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmblebee View Post
My experience with the vintage class has been that there are old guys like me out there who have to get up and go to work on Monday morning. They are more interested in the fun and fellowship than trophies. There is less bumping and rubbing going on, because, like me, they have no realistic aspirations of an AMA, WSB or MotoGP career. We are just interested in having some fun and getting our machines and ourselves home rash free.
Yeah, I did a little vintage in the past. Vintage riders are usually under no delusions of being offered a factory ride. It is the kind of racing where your closest rival will help you fix your bike to make the grid and then try like hell to beat you to the checker. There is some good racing going on in there.
was92v is offline   Reply With Quote