Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Track

Old 06-14-2008, 12:22 AM   #11
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

the race before that was better... when Pedrosa torpedo'd Hayden... WTF was he thinking?! it's odd... haven't seen Pedrosa make that mistake since... or BEFORE... kinda odd...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 04:11 AM   #12
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
the race before that was better... when Pedrosa torpedo'd Hayden... WTF was he thinking?! it's odd... haven't seen Pedrosa make that mistake since... or BEFORE... kinda odd...
You haven't seen it because it was just that...a mistake. I still got nervous watching the first few laps bcause I forgot what lap Rossi went down. Each time he'd come up to that turn, I was like "There he goes". I watched it happen on Speed channel when they aired the race. I was speechless for like 3 minutes.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 05:21 AM   #13
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Yeah I was blank as well... I don't have a problem with Hayden but I'd have rather see rossi win... I think that was one of Rossi's worst seasons... if not the worst... he was either win or wreck... or had big problems with the bike. not his usual consistant self.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 05:40 AM   #14
DLIT
Clit Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
Yeah I was blank as well... I don't have a problem with Hayden but I'd have rather see rossi win... I think that was one of Rossi's worst seasons... if not the worst... he was either win or wreck... or had big problems with the bike. not his usual consistant self.
Yeah, he would've had it EASILY if his bike didn't fuck up or a few wrecks here and there. Hayden's finishes weren't the greatest all season, with like 1 or 2 wins. But he still did it. Gotta give him respect for that. I was hoping he would bounce back and be a competitor for it in the following years, but I think the cards just fell right for him that year. It'll be a while before we see him as a frontrunner. The sooner the better, but it'll be a while. He's the first American champ since I've been watching GP.

Old 06-14-2008, 09:01 PM   #15
JK
noodles... dont noodles..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
Yeah, he would've had it EASILY if his bike didn't fuck up or a few wrecks here and there. Hayden's finishes weren't the greatest all season, with like 1 or 2 wins. But he still did it. Gotta give him respect for that. I was hoping he would bounce back and be a competitor for it in the following years, but I think the cards just fell right for him that year. It'll be a while before we see him as a frontrunner. The sooner the better, but it'll be a while. He's the first American champ since I've been watching GP.
yeah it was an embarrasment for yamaha and michelin. If you have a talent like rossi, its usually the bike or tires fault.

Hayden had a laguna and assen win. Still he did what he had to do to be that close to win it. Im sure there were 1000 other riders who would've loved to have been in nickys position.
Old 06-18-2008, 12:22 AM   #16
PiZdETS
⎷⎛⎝ ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ ⎷⎛⎝

Moto: ⎷⎛⎝ ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ ⎷⎛⎝

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
Just watch the '06 Valencia race where Rossi crashed and gave the championship to Hayden. Still amazing to watch.
I was at that race. On a hill with about 10,000 spaniards and europeans fully behind rossi. When rossi on his back flashed up on the screen everyone let out a "oh fuck!" in 30 different languages.
I'll never forget that race though it didn't turn out the way I wanted.
Old 06-18-2008, 04:17 PM   #17
DLIT
Clit Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiZdETS View Post
I was at that race. On a hill with about 10,000 spaniards and europeans fully behind rossi. When rossi on his back flashed up on the screen everyone let out a "oh fuck!" in 30 different languages.
I'll never forget that race though it didn't turn out the way I wanted.
Haha, nice. I couldn't talk for 3 minutes when it happened.