Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Touring

Old 06-12-2011, 11:04 AM   #41
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Lefty View Post
I did it on the DRZ and fuck was it scary... they blocked off all but the grated portion... and had big box trucks in the paved portion... which held the wind back...then when you passed them, you'd get a blast that would send me literally sliding sideways on the grate... and of course I had to be in front of some ass that kept riding my ass across the bridge, had I gone down, he would have probably been over me before he realized it.

but the area up there is GORGEOUS! like Trip said, a rally up there would ROCK.. but I think it should be a traveling rally... like a rally to circle the great lakes... like a week long...
I could go for something like that
Old 06-12-2011, 11:13 AM   #42
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
but I think it should be a traveling rally... like a rally to circle the great lakes... like a week long...
It would have to be, we couldn't spend that much time in one spot and then have to book it home. It would have to start further south and just go in shorter jumps north and then south again. Traveling in a big group is not fast. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 11:20 AM   #43
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Awesome writeup! Pics were awesome and all the better since someone turned your camera in.

Thanks for taking the time to write it up! US-20 keeps on going and going and going - all the way to my house

Any issues with the GS at all? After 7k mikes how are the tires looking?
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 11:22 AM   #44
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
It would have to be, we couldn't spend that much time in one spot and then have to book it home. It would have to start further south and just go in shorter jumps north and then south again. Traveling in a big group is not fast. LOL
no, but I seriously doubt all that many people would be down for it. shit, I don't even have a running bike at the moment. but maybe if not a circle of the lakes, maybe a run from the dragon to the bridge and back... but I think that'd be boring as I've done it... and the best part of MI is in the UP
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 11:23 AM   #45
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

I could have meet up with yall.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 11:56 AM   #46
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
Awesome writeup! Pics were awesome and all the better since someone turned your camera in.

Thanks for taking the time to write it up! US-20 keeps on going and going and going - all the way to my house

Any issues with the GS at all? After 7k mikes how are the tires looking?
No real issues with the GS. Kept a close eye on the rear shock (with all the weight on the back) and final drive. No signs of failure. My headlight went out on Day 14. I ran high beams all the way from Bellevue to my house. Tires actually look pretty good. The sides aren't chewed up at all and the middle isn't bad. I will be able to run em for awhile.
Quote:
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 06-12-2011, 02:06 PM   #47
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Was also curious about the tires. I've got 9k on my stock death wings and need to replace them. Well, at least the rear, but would really want to replace both as I wouldn't want a death wing on the front and a good tire on the rear.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 02:29 PM   #48
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
Was also curious about the tires. I've got 9k on my stock death wings and need to replace them. Well, at least the rear, but would really want to replace both as I wouldn't want a death wing on the front and a good tire on the rear.
I love the Anakee 2's, they flat perform almost everywhere. Sand and mud are an issue, but that's more of a GS fault. Too big. LOL
Quote:
Old 06-12-2011, 02:35 PM   #49
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

Quote:
no, but I seriously doubt all that many people would be down for it. shit, I don't even have a running bike at the moment. but maybe if not a circle of the lakes, maybe a run from the dragon to the bridge and back... but I think that'd be boring as I've done it... and the best part of MI is in the UP
best thing out of Michigan is 75 south...

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 06:01 PM   #50
Trip
Hold mah beer!

This is what the final path looked like:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen shot 2011-06-12 at 5.57.49 PM.jpg (40.0 KB, 2 views)
Quote: