Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Introductions

Old 03-31-2008, 03:24 PM   #1
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Moto: 06 GSXR 600
Default Damn, the NOOB followed everyone here. (Savannah,GA)

What up everyone?

Some of you may remember me as Pootiestang on the old forum, better remembered as a complete newb to bikes. I had been on there for a week or so when things got very quiet. I got an invite over here but was slow to sign up as I have been busy with school and job hunting.

You will all be happy to know that after a couple weeks of riding, I am now confidently doing wheelies and stoppies all over town in the nude.

But seriously folks. I suppose I will put this thread to good use by actually introducing myself again.

My name is Alex and I am 23 years old. I grew up in Atlanta and am finishing up my Management Degree at Georgia Southern University with a hope to move to Savannah in a month or two time. I picked up a 2006 GSXR 600 with 3000 miles about 2 months ago through a friend who was able to get me a great deal on the bike. This is my first bike and after doing my fair share of research on the topic, I decided for myself that I am mature enough to start on a 600. It also came down to the fact that I was getting an irresistible deal on the bike and that I would be living in an area where there are many traffic free roads to practice on. I did not feel save buying a bike and learning how to ride amid the crazy drivers in the Savannah area. It is also important to note that I have several friends who have been riding for years, and I will have their experience on hand as I ride around. I intend on taking the MSF course with a friend in the next month.

As for the bike.

The bike has had 2 owners up till now. The first owner bought the bike new and traded it in after 2500 of riding. The second owner bought it from the dealership and laid it down in the first 400 miles of riding. Guy got his panties in a bunch and gave the bike up to his friend who would sell it for him.

Through the seller I was able to bring the bike home for 4 grand with only cosmetic damage with the exception of a FI light. To sweeten the deal, the seller ordered all of the needed cosmetic pieces at his expense leaving me to figure out the FI light and replace the rear tire on my own money.

I was able to put the bike together this past weekend and take it out on several rides. I am still waiting on the red piece for the right side fairing, and a tail light cover. Although I don't really mind riding around with the bad fairing. Gives me a 50/50 chance on being really pissed if it falls. And it turns out the FI light was nothing more then a unplugged exhaust valve sensor. Gotta love the free fix.

Im good at long rambles, so I will shut up now. Here is the bike as of now.

As you can tell the rear tire was victim to several burnouts. I think the only remaining damage is the exhaust, and the fairing.

I promise to take better pictures soon.
Quick281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 04:36 PM   #2
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

yo, whats up, welcome to the madness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 04:37 PM   #3
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 04:42 PM   #4
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Welcome.

And yeah, that rear looks shot man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 07:26 PM   #5
vabarber2
ICON FTW!!!

Moto: 00GSXR6

Welcome! Good Luck, she's a butie.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:10 PM   #6
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Welcome bro.

That tire does look pretty worn down the middle. Probably best to get some harder compound tires since you live in the lowlands.

Which once I get a new job where I have Saturday's off I'll probably make a few trips to Statesboro/Savannah/Tybee to visit some old friends. I think my buddy who use to go there knew of some decent roads in the area. Nothing like the mountains but better than nothing. If I make it down I'll let you know and we'll Ghostrider it through Savannah. Only different.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:48 PM   #7
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Thanks for all the replies, should be ordering a new tire and gear in the next week or so. I will be sure to throw everything up for approval before ordering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
Welcome bro.
If I make it down I'll let you know and we'll Ghostrider it through Savannah. Only different.
Sounds good to me. I would love to get out and ride with other people. Once my gear gets in, my friend and I were thinking about a day trip to Tybee as our first road trip on bikes. We were thinking of taking some random backwoods path to Savannah in order to avoid the highway. Should be fun.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:48 PM   #8
jalaan1
orangina Zed

Moto: '12 Z1000

looks like a pretty good score.
Old 03-31-2008, 11:12 PM   #9
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

For 4 grand, I am very happy!
Old 04-01-2008, 08:39 AM   #10
NeonspeedRT
At Large

Moto: 2005 R1

Hello and welcome to TWFix.

"Riding a motorcycle is like playing chess. Anyone can learn the moves, but it takes a lifetime to master the game."
NeonspeedRT is offline   Reply With Quote