Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 09-15-2010, 09:56 AM   #501
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Some wont come to my house because I have snakes(well now A snake) in the house and thier dinner is in my freezer.

I call that a win

Yeah I have a mini fridge/freezer in the garage that I keep some 'dinner' in. Some of my family is a bit squeamish about spending the night knowing there's one in the house. My sister about freaked the first night she stayed there when my BIL's foot touched her leg in the middle of the night...she jumped and screamed and about scared him to death. They're pretty much ok with it now though.

My wife's parents don't want to come and visit as often now...WIN !!!

What's funny is that it's her father and not her mother that is all worked up about it. She's like...no big deal.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 09:59 AM   #502
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post

Yeah I have a mini fridge/freezer in the garage that I keep some 'dinner' in. Some of my family is a bit squeamish about spending the night knowing there's one in the house. My sister about freaked the first night she stayed there when my BIL's foot touched her leg in the middle of the night...she jumped and screamed and about scared him to death. They're pretty much ok with it now though.

My wife's parents don't want to come and visit as often now...WIN !!!

What's funny is that it's her father and not her mother that is all worked up about it. She's like...no big deal.
it was better when I had my large pythons (13ft retic and 9ft burm) used to tell people they got out havent seen them in a day or 3
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 10:20 AM   #503
z06boy
Letzroll

Quote:
it was better when I had my large pythons (13ft retic and 9ft burm) used to tell people they got out havent seen them in a day or 3
DOH !!! Now I have to admit if you told me this and I actually believed you the 13 ft. retic would make me sleep lighter too if I 'thought' it was really roaming around in the dark. Ok the 9 ft. burm would too. I definitely wouldn't want my little 30 lb. dog roaming around there.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:30 AM   #504
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
DOH !!! Now I have to admit if you told me this and I actually believed you the 13 ft. retic would make me sleep lighter too if I 'thought' it was really roaming around in the dark. Ok the 9 ft. burm would too. I definitely wouldn't want my little 30 lb. dog roaming around there.
Oh the stories I have

my burm actualy got out one night and it was kinda cold in my room so he looked for aheat source and found one being me. Woke up with him draped over my legs just chilling
Old 09-15-2010, 11:07 AM   #505
z06boy
Letzroll

Quote:
Oh the stories I have

my burm actualy got out one night and it was kinda cold in my room so he looked for aheat source and found one being me. Woke up with him draped over my legs just chilling
I'd laugh about that...AFTER I realized I hadn't pizzed on myself from the initial discovery and was not in any trouble.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:45 AM   #506
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
Just a little brown snake. We have a few in the yard and just leave them be. The wife caught two of them when we first realized they were hanging around and came in the house to tell me about it. I couldn't believe she had caught them without coming to get me first but they are harmless and actually good to have in flower beds etc. because they feast on grubs and other stuff that I don't need in the yard.

We took the ones she caught plus another type of snake we caught down to Davidson College...just down the street from us that was having a Herpatology/Reptile Fair and one of the experts told us about them so we took them back home and turned them loose in the yard. One of my neighbors said "Well you won't see me walking around your yard any time" and I thought to myself...AWESOME...be sure totell the other neighbors !!

ok it's cool then but I still don't think I'd love to have one that size roaming around. Although I have caught a couple black snakes near my house and I just move them to a different part of the yard.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 11:50 AM   #507
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
Oh the stories I have

for you who likes snakes that was probably not a big thing for me that would have been the end of either me or the snake or both. LOL I would have had a heart attack right there, no BS about it I'd be done. I can't even think of what I would do.........

I used to have friends who wouldn't come over because I had fish that would eat live food. one tank had oscars, the other had a lion fish and an eel.

i never understood the philosophy of fear of fish but whatever. it's not like they can come and get you. although my eel got out one night and made it two rooms away and ended up by the headboard of my sons bed. he was a small eel. not very scary to us.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 11:58 AM   #508
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
for you who likes snakes that was probably not a big thing for me that would have been the end of either me or the snake or both. LOL I would have had a heart attack right there, no BS about it I'd be done. I can't even think of what I would do.........

I used to have friends who wouldn't come over because I had fish that would eat live food. one tank had oscars, the other had a lion fish and an eel.

i never understood the philosophy of fear of fish but whatever. it's not like they can come and get you. although my eel got out one night and made it two rooms away and ended up by the headboard of my sons bed. he was a small eel. not very scary to us.
Would love to have a tank with some red tiger oscars
Old 09-15-2010, 12:05 PM   #509
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Would love to have a tank with some red tiger oscars
Saltwater tank with Undulated and Queen triggers. Vicious motherfuckers that will remove large chunks from your hand if you aren't careful.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 12:17 PM   #510
z06boy
Letzroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Saltwater tank with Undulated and Queen triggers. Vicious motherfuckers that will remove large chunks from your hand if you aren't careful.
I'm not familiar with those at all but will google it.

Quote:

I agree about the fish...unless someone grabs you and holds you under the water what is there to fear ?

Quote:
ok it's cool then but I still don't think I'd love to have one that size roaming around. Although I have caught a couple black snakes near my house and I just move them to a different part of the yard.
That pic is zoomed in...the brown snakes are small...no more than 12" - 14" long or so and skinny.