Title status
Clear CO Title

Asking price
$8,500

Modifications
Yes

-----------------------------------------------------
Additional information and mods

This is a regrettable sale gang. Not a fire sale by any means and I am going to be fairly firm on price due to the condition and rarity of the car. I am not interested in trades or partial trades + cash. If I do not get my asking price, I will happily keep the car and enjoy because it is a joy to drive, perfectly reliable, has great power and ALWAYS gets looks and thumbs up from people no matter where I take it.

The only reason I am selling is because I currently own 6 cars and I do not have time to enjoy them all and need to finish another Datsun Turbo project. So I am offering this car and hope it will go to someone who will maintain it, enjoy it and keep it looking great. No hidden agendas with this sale.

I have approximately $12,000 (maybe more) invested in the car and I recently had the car appraised and insured with Haggerty for $15,500. So I feel my price of $8,500 is fair.

This car is very rare in its own right, as I am the second owner and is the very last year of the Straight 6 (L6) Turbo and has every single Dealer option that was available in 1983. The car was $23,600 brand new in 1983.

The car bone stock has a 2.8L, single cam 12V head. It is powered by a internally gated Garrett t3 turbo running 6psi of boost. Stock the car is 180hp and 204ft.lbs of torque. These L6 engines are very strong and have a forged steel crank and can handle 400 hp easily with the stock bottom end.

I have owned and worked on Datsun Z cars for over 15years and this is the nicest one I have owned.

This car is particularly special as it has the very strong Borg Warner 5 speed and it shifts very smooth.

Some other neat features \ Options that set this car apart from Datsun ZX Turbos:
1) Has the very rare and attractive two tone metallic silver paint ($1300 option). This is the most sought after color for this car.
2) Dealer installed Datsun \ Bosch Fog lights which work and the covers have no cracks. The only one I have ever seen in person.
3) Heated Power mirrors with timer
4) Timer on the rear glass defroster
5) Silver leather seats that are in excellent car and come with the car
6) Ultra rare $400 Factory Bronze tinted glass
7) Digital Dash

I bought this car from the original 64year old owner and he ONLY sold it as he was getting too arthritic to get in and out of the car and he had a three car garage and wanted to get the garage spot back. He drove the car only once a month to keep the battery charged and to get it up to operating temperature. He bought the car new in 1983 and was quite teary when he sold it to me. He bought the car in Delaware and then moved to Colorado Springs. He was a Geological Engineer that made good money back in the day and so the car had alot of sentimental value.

The car has only covered 52,484 original miles from new. It still has the Original 27year old brakes and clutch which work perfectly. Last Summer, I recently spent $400 flushing all the fluids, tuning it up and replacing all the belts and going through the car very very carefully. The car has truly led a pampered life and sits under a car cover (included in sale). The car even has the original space saver and 27 year old can of Datsun Fix-A-Flat that has never been used and all the Datsun tools. The car also has the factory storage bags to store the T-Tops when you remove them. Original keys are also included.

I have owned this car for just over 1 year. I have only driven it about 380 miles in the past year. After sitting for 6 weeks, I drove it for the first time last week and it started up first crank and settled down to a smooth idle instantly and warmed up fairly quickly.

Everything works on this car and I mean everything:
1) Power windows and power locks

2) A\C is cold and is R12. Car has automatic climate control.

3) Heat is awesome as well

4) Factory Hitachi cassette deck and FM/AM radio and 4 speakers work great and the factory electric antenna also works great. Most of these cars have tampered electrics and new CD players, this car's electric harness is unmolested. Also VERY rare that you find one of these cars with a working power factory antenna.

5) Cruise control

6) There is an automatic "talking lady" that tells you that the right or left door is ajar, fuel is low, lights are on etc also works. The talking lady has 7 pre-recorded messages.

7) There is a digital display that you push on the dash that tells you by showing an actual pixel picture of the radiator, light, washer reservoir etc if you are low on coolant, have a burnt out headlight, washer fluid etc

8) All gauges work - Speedo, Tach, Boost(!), Oil Temp, Oil Pressure, Clock, Engine temp and the car has two Fuel Gauges (!) and a 22 gallon fuel tank.

Mechanically, electrically and structurally perfect car. Absolutely zero rust, under the car is perfect, no damage from being poorly jacked either. No leaks and does not smoke.

Please note that this car was Nissan's flagship car in 1983 in the USA.

Mods I have done: When I bought the car is was bone stock. I have only done a few select mods to update the car and compliment the car and carefully selected what gets done to the car, I have not been shy on spending money on the car:
1) Upgraded the suspension with Suspension Techniques 3" lowering springs and Tokico "blue" struts all around

2) 17x7 wheels with 245/45 (rear) and 225/45 (front) tires - Yokohama AVS. Factory 15x6 wheels and tires included in sale.

3) Hand ported the factory downpipe and installed a hand built mandrel 3.5" exhaust with a Burns Stainless 3.5" muffler. The car has a great deep rumble and compliments the car, it took me and a friend 2 days to build this system and tuck it tight to the car's body. I picked up almost 30ft.lbs torque and about 20whp with this mod alone, so that puts the power of the car well in the 200hp range and 230ft.lbs range at only 6psi.

4) Evo knock-off Recaro seats and hand built seat rails that I built using Corbeau bases. Seats only changed as I wanted a more modern seat with more support over the 27year factory seats. Factory leather seats in great shape are included in the sale.

5) I had the hood, tops of the both front fenders and the roof painted, blended and clear coated (all PPG paint products) as the car had some scratches from a bra on it and also some rock chips and 27year old paint blemishes. This cost me $1600 alone. The car does have some existing door dings along the door and rear fender from the previous owner opening the door of his other car and bumping the Datsun.

6) I upgraded all the brakes lines and clutch line with Earls braided lines.

7) New NGK plugs, new 180F thermostat, air filter, fuel filter, new coolant, new belts, new Amsoil 75W90 synthetic in the rear end and the transmission and flushed and bled the brakes. Last weekend, I did an oil change (always use Castrol GTX) last week and new oil filter (Purolator). I even polished the thermostat housing when I changed the thermostat. Car has all the factory hood stickers and all the factory applied anti rust coating in the engine bay.

Car has never been crashed or involved in any minor fender benders. All the lights are perfect with no cracks.

What the car needs to be perfect:
1) The interior T-Top fabric shades that prevent the sun from glaring in are cracked and will need to be re-upholstered. T-Tops themselves are prefect, no cracks and do not leak!

2) Interior fabric on the roof needs to be re-done

3) Car needs to be water sanded now that the paint is cured

4) Dash has three cracks but I have a dash mat on it

5) Some of the suspension bushings are cracked and the car would benefit from new polyurethane bushings. Car does handle well though.

6) Have a few hours at the paint-less dent doctor to work out some of the door dings.

The car is currently located in Colorado Springs at one of my homes, but can be driven back to Texas with no problem or we can work something as I have a car trailer as well. Let's talk if you are serious. Not an issue.

On to the 19 pics:

Feel free to contact me (PM or email). My name is Yasin and my email address slownrusty@yahoo.com

Thanks for looking!

------------------------------------------------------
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 04:09 AM   #2
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

I'd rock that.
Old 04-02-2010, 05:01 AM   #3
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Nice seats. But 3" lowering springs? That's lower than most people do it. Who knows how often it's going to bottom out now. Also I like how he claims to know how much power his exhaust added, but it's obvious he never dyno'd it or he would have posted the exact numbers.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 08:49 AM   #4
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Um...no.
Crackpipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 10:48 AM   #5
goof2
AMA Supersport

$8,500 for a 27 year old car I'm not especially enamored with that has ~180hp? No thanks.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 10:49 AM   #6
dubbs
Multistrada

Looks really nice.. I owned a couple 240sx's a few years ago.. Love those light rear wheel drive jap cars.. Still have one with the S2000..

Whats up with that carpet on the dash tho?
Daily Driver - 2011 Toyota Prius - Black
Beater - 2005 Honda Civic Hybrid - Dust Colored
dubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 11:04 AM   #7
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

240Z, absolutely

260Z, meh

280Z, not so much. It had gotten pretty heavy by then.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:30 AM   #8
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubbs View Post
Looks really nice.. I owned a couple 240sx's a few years ago.. Love those light rear wheel drive jap cars.. Still have one with the S2000..

Whats up with that carpet on the dash tho?
z dashes crack like woah. Dash pads help stop the damage. Got one on my 240
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 12:08 PM   #9
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Gotta be careful with that thin Jap metal....
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 01:53 PM   #10
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeptus_Minor View Post
I'd rock that.
First thing I thought. Beats a 30K+ 370Z , low insurance, low taxes...Cool ride.

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote