Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Track

Old 05-21-2011, 05:29 PM   #11
fujimoh
Kneedragger

Moto: CBR 1000RR

DMC was a bad decision for the AMA. They changed the rules so HD would win and now they have lost the series...in what, 3 years?
fujimoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 05:36 PM   #12
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujimoh View Post
DMC was a bad decision for the AMA. They changed the rules so HD would win and now they have lost the series...in what, 3 years?
Didnt even take em that long, with miladin retiring and spies going to europe they lost what appeal they had, and it was nice how they stacked the rules so the buell could have an unfair advantage.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 05:49 PM   #13
TYEster
With MORE TYEstosterone

Moto: '12 KX450F / 08 YZ250F #512 / 07 KX65 #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
it's "stupid you can't see the whole track" She would much rather go see a moto cross event.
I wouldn't say it's stupid, but I see her point.

Supercross was half created simply so people could go to one spot and watch everything at once. And it's a fuckin kickass show to boot too!

It's hard for me to see a pro road race simply due to lack of tracks currently, while Supercross has 2 stops within 3hrs of driving distance of my place. But all that changes in 2013 we will have MotoGP/WSBK at the Circuit of Americas just 20min up the road from me.
TYEster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 06:11 PM   #14
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
Motorcycles are dangerous.
Motorsports are dangerous. And that shouldn't mean anything different for motorcycles because all the hicks like NASCRAP for the crashes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYEster View Post
I wouldn't say it's stupid, but I see her point.

Supercross was half created simply so people could go to one spot and watch everything at once. And it's a fuckin kickass show to boot too!

It's hard for me to see a pro road race simply due to lack of tracks currently, while Supercross has 2 stops within 3hrs of driving distance of my place. But all that changes in 2013 we will have MotoGP/WSBK at the Circuit of Americas just 20min up the road from me.
I have just never liked dirt. I cant get into it.

I have two tracks. Mid-Ohio and Indy. Your race is about to steal my race.... fucker.
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 10:48 PM   #15
Mrs. Colleen
Leather and Lace

Moto: 2005 R6

AMA took away the two races that I always looked forward to going to - Race 2 at the end of the season at Laguna and California Speedway.
Ms. Colleen still makes us all think back and wonder about our preschool teachers
Mrs. Colleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 07:28 AM   #16
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Motorsports are dangerous. And that shouldn't mean anything different for motorcycles because all the hicks like NASCRAP for the crashes.
Joke

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:16 AM   #17
L8 Braker
Swollen Member

Unhappy

Quote:
You also never know what section of the track this is. It could be an unpopular spot to watch. There are parts of Indy that are empty, and others that are full for the gp. We sat in what I thought was the second best section in the whole place, and there may have been 40 ppl in it. Yet other crappy spots were slammed full.
With AMA, it dosen't matter...There are no crowds...This is the parking lot of that race...

L8 Braker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:18 AM   #18
L8 Braker
Swollen Member

Here's my take on the good and God awful of motorcycle racing in America...

The AMA is a great racing circuit, with great racing action...And the riders are easily accessible on the paddock...What they need is a group of people with extensive motorcycle background to promote and schedule it...

I mean, hell, they just went 2 freakin' months between races!!...Seriously???...2 months???...WTF???...How the hell can you be a fan of something that takes place every few months???...Other sports are on every week, sometimes more...And promoted out the ying yang...That's why they have a strong following...

But with motorcycle racing, the schedule is a joke, and advertising is worse...Until someone gets serious about promoting it, and having races at least twice a month, the sport will never grow or become popular...
L8 Braker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:50 AM   #19
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Colleen View Post
AMA took away the two races that I always looked forward to going to - Race 2 at the end of the season at Laguna and California Speedway.
They dropped (or lost, depending what you read) Road Atlanta this year, too. Bad move.
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 10:07 AM   #20
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8 Braker View Post
With AMA, it dosen't matter...There are no crowds...This is the parking lot of that race...

Just imagine if everyone had driven their car

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote