Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Events

Old 03-10-2009, 11:27 PM   #71
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
your math is way off.

If you are gonna do the ride by yourself cut the gas bill in half, then lodging is $80 pp plus 1 night near the gap, where we will wind up room sharing.

If you drive your truck with other people in it, then divide the truck gas bill by how many people you have in it.
The gas bill was considering me driving my pickup pulling a trailer at around 11 mpg.
It would be me and comonboys, but as our arrangements are now, we kinda share money... so yeah, it's all the same.

If I come alone and ditch the trailer, I can probalby improve a couple MPG's.

As for lodging, I will probalby stop somewhere around half way on the way there and back. I just don't like driving 22 hours straight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 06:31 AM   #72
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

Pussy.
Old 03-11-2009, 06:44 AM   #73
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R

Quote:
I think that our tentative plan is to meet at the rest stop in Delaware 5 miles south of the NJ/Delaware bridge, Probably start from either 7 or 8 am the do the 700 mile ride down I95, to I85 to I 40. Google says that it's a 12 hour ride. With stops and speeding I think it will take the entire 12 hours.
ugh...Not the route I'd choose- way too much slab. I plan to take US219 as far as I can (which is NC abouts) and then head west. But I'll definitely be leaving early. 6am-ish is likely.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:28 AM   #74
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
A grand?? Shit I plan on being well below 500 for the whole trip Food and gas included
You forgot bail money

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:39 AM   #75
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amorok View Post
Pussy.
Who?

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 01:20 PM   #76
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
no, phones been turned off for about 2 months now. its been quite nice.

read above. although i'd love to hear from you and the kin, as i know they love me so much, i've neglected my cell phone responsibilities due to pissoffadness at the ohio winter and lack of riding.

That road i met my shoulders with had little to do with debris or lack of skill and everything to do with a maniac following a maniac on a road the later maniac new less about the the former one. i went in hot, not expecting the the radius to decrease as much as it did... and then it all went weightless.

I gotta say though, for those of you that have never lived through a solid lowside, ur missing out. (on tons of bills)

my new plastics will be here by end of march. i cant wait to get off my ass.
Hey I sent you a pm but in case you don't get it and for anyone else who is feeling the pinch or whatever....

http://www.skype.com/download/skype/windows/

Works excellent! You can do video chat,play emails while you surf,is free Skype to Skype or for about $2/month it's unlimited and you get your own number for a few bucks. They also offer phone for a reasonable price or you can even use your PSP or similar device to make calls in any WiFi environment. Of course,it works all over the world from any computer. I lived off Skype and my PSP when I first moved here and sometimes I wish I would have kept it that way with maybe a cheap prepaid for emergencies.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 01:40 PM   #77
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
I think that our tentative plan is to meet at the rest stop in Delaware 5 miles south of the NJ/Delaware bridge, Probably start from either 7 or 8 am the do the 700 mile ride down I95, to I85 to I 40. Google says that it's a 12 hour ride. With stops and speeding I think it will take the entire 12 hours.
I see one possible problem here. We may hit rush hour in the baltimore DC area around then. Not sure if you would want to leave earlier or alter the route to bypass all of that.

I think youre pretty accurate on the time though. Figure if we avg 70 most of the way thats 10 hrs and factor in 2 hrs of break time. With all of us on sportier bikes I figure were good for about 150 miles or so on a tank (i can stretch it on the hwy to about 180) so we will be stopping roughly every 2 hrs anyway.

Now I am gettin excited, got some more work done on the bike last night, all I realy need now is an oil change, wash al;l the dirt/sand off (riding to the construction sites) clean and lube the chain and throw the battery back in and were good to go.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 02:33 AM   #78
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Actually what I was thinking is if maybe we might want to leave the night before. Not sure what time folks get out of work, but it might be worth it to get past DCeven if it means leaving the rest stop at 10 and getting through DC at midnight. and finding a cheap roadside motel for $30. I 95 is littered with them just south of DC, plus I know of one with a strip joint attached, but I would put the bikes in the room for that one, then lock them up inside the room too. I'm all in favor of this, just because it means that thursday will be a shorter day, and that means more shenanigans for us!

Another possible route is to hang a right on I70 in baltimore, then a left on I81 heading south until you hit I26, then local 23 to 441 to 64 to 515 to TWO. not that I put too much thought into it or anything.

Oh and DC traffic means that we are fucked starting from about 530 am until about 10 then again from 2 til 8 or 9 at night. But if you take the outer loop and just ride it out it shouldnt be bad.

Last edited by derf; 03-12-2009 at 02:37 AM..
derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 03:03 AM   #79
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

This reminds me, I still haven't gotten with Amorok for any plans yet.

Amorok, if you read this before I get in contact with you, text me or something so we can start planning, k? Thanks!

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 07:21 AM   #80
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

Word, I'll text you after my son's doctor appointment.

Gas Man, I was making fun of Cutty for not wanting to ride 22 hours. I'm kidding of course as that would be a brutal ride but when I was stationed in ND for all those years I used to do 20 hour drives all the time to go on leave. Thank God I live somewhere that doesn't suck now.