Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Events

Old 03-28-2009, 02:19 PM   #31
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

150-170 is my limit. And I definately think the meet spot should be the gas station. Trying to find the harley place at night would be a bitch, i've gotten lost trying to find it in the day before.
Old 03-28-2009, 02:21 PM   #32
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
ok mapquested my town to new castle delaware which seems kinda near our projected meetpoint. maplost has it taking me 2 and a half hrs to get there. Without traffic I can prolly do it in just over 2.

Now should we meet by the harley dealer or further south at the rest stop so we can all gas up and be ready to go.

How are you guys for mileage on a tank of gas? I can get 150-180 butmay be a bit less with the hard bags on acting as sails.

Tom
I'd say 150 or so should be about average per tank would be a good basis... that's about when I needed a break anyhow...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 03:30 AM   #33
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbs15 View Post
I'd say 150 or so should be about average per tank would be a good basis... that's about when I needed a break anyhow...
When I rode home from the gap on my Tl thats about how it played out. it works out too figuring you run about 2 hrs then get a nice little break. figure some runs may be a little longer or shorter depending on where we can get gas.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 10:15 AM   #34
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
When I rode home from the gap on my Tl thats about how it played out. it works out too figuring you run about 2 hrs then get a nice little break. figure some runs may be a little longer or shorter depending on where we can get gas.

Tom
yeah... I had planned my trip last year on about 180ish... but due to my gearing I couldn't go that far... but for a full day of riding... I needed to stop at 150... if it was only a tank or two I could do 180... but that extra 30 miles adds up over 3-5 tanks in a day
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 01:56 PM   #35
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbs15 View Post
yeah... I had planned my trip last year on about 180ish... but due to my gearing I couldn't go that far... but for a full day of riding... I needed to stop at 150... if it was only a tank or two I could do 180... but that extra 30 miles adds up over 3-5 tanks in a day

It woul dbe too much of a stretch but that extra 30 miles would knock out one fuel stop along the way, and as derf said we could always just ride faster

Tom
Old 03-29-2009, 02:04 PM   #36
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Hell if you ask me I would be happy with an extra 2 minute stop at 75 miles just to get off the bike for a min, I wouldnt take the helmet off or shut the bike just stretch, smoke and hop back on.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:43 PM   #37
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
Hell if you ask me I would be happy with an extra 2 minute stop at 75 miles just to get off the bike for a min, I wouldnt take the helmet off or shut the bike just stretch, smoke and hop back on.
We can see, that may be good as we get further into the trip just to keep us going. So long as we can signal the others if one needs a break we can pull off to the side of the road. Otherwise I say once we hit 140 or so miles have the lead rider keep an eye out for the next exit with gas. If we go 85 to 95 that wont be too far anywhere, but I dont know when we get further south.

Tom
Old 03-29-2009, 02:43 PM   #38
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

I don't have to worry about how far I can go. I always have to go to the bathroom well before my fuel light comes on. Usually somewhere around 100 miles. I fill up when I stop.

I hope Amorok doesn't mind.

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 02:52 PM   #39
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
I don't have to worry about how far I can go. I always have to go to the bathroom well before my fuel light comes on. Usually somewhere around 100 miles. I fill up when I stop.

I hope Amorok doesn't mind.
You would hate traveling with me then.

Heres an exchange karen and I had on a trip to beaver run about an hr after a gas stop

karen: we have to stop I have to pee

me: No, we just stopped

karen: but i have to go again

me:too bad wait till the next gas stop, pee in a damn bottle or something

karen: I iwll pee on the seat if you dont stop

me: go ahead, its your car, youre sitting there and I work in the ER so the smell of urine doesnt bother me

then it spiraled into something about me being killed in my sleep or something

Tom
Old 03-29-2009, 02:57 PM   #40
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

Quote:
You would hate traveling with me then.

Heres an exchange karen and I had on a trip to beaver run about an hr after a gas stop

karen: we have to stop I have to pee

me: No, we just stopped

karen: but i have to go again

me:too bad wait till the next gas stop, pee in a damn bottle or something

karen: I iwll pee on the seat if you dont stop

me: go ahead, its your car, youre sitting there and I work in the ER so the smell of urine doesnt bother me

then it spiraled into something about me being killed in my sleep or something

Tom

That sounds similar to my dad's conversations with me when I used to ride in the 18-wheeler. In fact, I had to carry something to pee in when I rode with him. He wouldn't stop.

I have no issues with stopping on the side of the road to go pee if I have to go *that* bad on the bike. Just ask Kaneman. And if I can't get someone's attention to let them know I have to stop, I have and will make my own stop and try to catch up later.

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote