Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Around the World > Central Riders

Old 07-28-2009, 12:48 AM   #91
MikeSP1
Perpetual trouble

Moto: VTX 1300C, RC51, CBR600RR, CBR929RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSP1 View Post
Toss my name on that list.
I take this back, there's no way I'm gonna be able to make it.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO!"
MikeSP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 07:16 AM   #92
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydrant View Post
You guys might want to try the Residence Inn on the Canal in Downtown Indianapolis. I think rooms are around 150 ish, and its about 10-15 mins from the track, and a decent walk to the downtown bar district.

There is an Embassy Suites ($190 a night) which is in downtown also, and an easy walking distance to the bar area (on problem is the $20 a day to park in the garage, since its downtown, and it sounded like the are pretty strict on parking.

Last year they closed down a block or so of the streets in the bar district for bike parking, but either of these hotels are pretty close.

The Residence Inn on the Canal has a flat lot, so no garage, but still 12 bucks a day parking, but they sounded a little more lax.
$190 a night is way to expensive for my blood. shit $100 a night is up there... figure I'm roll'n in Wed night leaving sunday after the race that's still $400 just on the hotel... no thanks.

I'm think'n I'll find a super 8 or Howard Johnson and get by for 70-80 a night.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 07:37 AM   #93
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBBs15 View Post
$190 a night is way to expensive for my blood. shit $100 a night is up there... figure I'm roll'n in Wed night leaving sunday after the race that's still $400 just on the hotel... no thanks.

I'm think'n I'll find a super 8 or Howard Johnson and get by for 70-80 a night.
I stayed in a $450/night Marriott in downtown Philly for 3 days last week. It was a nice room...but damn sure not a 450 room. Glad I didn't pay for it.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 07:44 AM   #94
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
I stayed in a $450/night Marriott in downtown Philly for 3 days last week. It was a nice room...but damn sure not a 450 room. Glad I didn't pay for it.
see I can't do that shit if I have to pay for it... all I need is a fuck'n bed and a shower... maybe A/C depending on the temp at night.

I'd rather spend $50 at super 8 and have more money to spend on food and going out than on a nice room.

shit I strongly considered camping... but not with the dude getting stabbed last year
Old 07-28-2009, 07:45 AM   #95
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBBs15 View Post
see I can't do that shit if I have to pay for it... all I need is a fuck'n bed and a shower... maybe A/C depending on the temp at night.

I'd rather spend $50 at super 8 and have more money to spend on food and going out than on a nice room.

shit I strongly considered camping... but not with the dude getting stabbed last year
Right, if I'm paying I'm looking a little cheaper. I mean, I'll spend a few bucks on a nice room. But not $450. But hey, my entire trip was paid for. I was there on 'work'.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 08:39 AM   #96
Rider
Moto GP Star

No Indy this year for me. We have family plans that weekend.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 09:03 AM   #97
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

I'll be there. Prob will just drive up each day, rather than staying at a hotel this time. Granted, if I party too much with you guys, I may have to camp out on the floor of someoene's room.

Sorry to hear you won't make it this year, Ed.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 07:15 PM   #98
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Right, if I'm paying I'm looking a little cheaper. I mean, I'll spend a few bucks on a nice room. But not $450. But hey, my entire trip was paid for. I was there on 'work'.
ahh yeah... well for me... I'm cheap for that shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
No Indy this year for me. We have family plans that weekend.
damn... I was hope'n you'd be there again this year... was good meeting ya last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
I'll be there. Prob will just drive up each day, rather than staying at a hotel this time. Granted, if I party too much with you guys, I may have to camp out on the floor of someoene's room.

Sorry to hear you won't make it this year, Ed.
cool... well I'll know friday where I'm stay'n. I'll let ya know
Old 08-27-2009, 11:37 PM   #99
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R

Anyone planning to be around the hotel about 1pm? I'd like to dump my stuff before heading to the track. Planning to leave at 5am.