Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 05-14-2010, 08:46 AM   #1
dubbs
Multistrada

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-homo View Post
No one should control what we do in our free time.
Thats exactly right... but in order to buy those drugs you have to go to the black market.. Why not legalize all drugs?

Everyone has the arguement that in order to buy drugs you are supporting terrorists or criminals, but the fact that it's not legal is what's causing it. So prohibition is the only source causing the crime. If drugs were more readily available, cheaper, and regulated like Alcohol & Tobacco.. We'd have a lot less kids doing drugs, there would be less crime because prices would be cheaper, and there wouldn't be any drug cartels, thus even less crime & corruption.

Seems like a win - win for the government and the people.
Daily Driver - 2011 Toyota Prius - Black
Beater - 2005 Honda Civic Hybrid - Dust Colored
dubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 09:12 AM   #2
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

the war on drugs is just a profit center for this country's various "homeland security" entities.......and it's going to be hard convincing them to cut their budgets and give up their jobs.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 09:32 AM   #3
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

No doubt, but perhaps that would bring down the demand? Onthe flip side tho, it would make the black market stuff that much more in demand.

What I really dont understand is why the govts keep throwing all this cash at a problem that isnt solvable.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 09:40 AM   #4
the chi
Forum Coach

Ah, see we do understand each other.

Weed is a tough one. It's illegal, but from what I understand, its not that much different than tobacco. (I dont know, I've never touched a single illegal drug.)

I'm anti smoking, but as long as you keep it away from me I dont care what you do with it. (Except I still dont want to pay for some lung cancer ridden person who doesnt have health insurance.) Would weed cause cancer I wonder?

So, if we were to legalize weed, Im all for it as it would definitely bring some much needed revenue to this piss poor govt and since (from what I understand) its not that different than smoking marlboros, what would it hurt? Doesnt research show that alcohol has more effects on the body than weed in regards to functioning?
Old 05-14-2010, 09:51 AM   #5
dubbs
Multistrada

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
Ah, see we do understand each other.

Weed is a tough one. It's illegal, but from what I understand, its not that much different than tobacco. (I dont know, I've never touched a single illegal drug.)

I'm anti smoking, but as long as you keep it away from me I dont care what you do with it. (Except I still dont want to pay for some lung cancer ridden person who doesnt have health insurance.) Would weed cause cancer I wonder?

So, if we were to legalize weed, Im all for it as it would definitely bring some much needed revenue to this piss poor govt and since (from what I understand) its not that different than smoking marlboros, what would it hurt? Doesnt research show that alcohol has more effects on the body than weed in regards to functioning?
Well the difference between weed and tobacco is weed is pure and tobacco has 3000+ chemicals added to it to make it smoother to pull. I don't really smoke cigarettes anymore and there are ways to "smoke" weed by vaporizing it that minimizes most of the harm..

Burning any plant matter, no matter what it is, could cause cancer. Vaporizing just cooks the THC and other cannabinoids and doesn't burn the plant.

And I agree, I think it would solve a lot of budgetary issues..
Old 05-14-2010, 09:59 AM   #6
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
Didn't you hear? We are all going to have health insurance!

Seriously though, the amount of cigarette taxes collected from smokers should more than pay for treatment of uninsured smokers. You can also add in the hundreds of billions of dollars being collected by the states from the tobacco settlement in the late 90s. If the government actually spent these funds in the manner they said they would general taxpayers wouldn't be paying for anyone's treatments for anything.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 09:56 AM   #7
the chi
Forum Coach

Ironically enough...headline back in FL...

87 Year Old Woman Busted Selling Crack

http://www.nwfdailynews.com/news/arr...ack-woman.html
Old 05-14-2010, 10:02 AM   #8
the chi
Forum Coach

Puhlease. Im not looking for anything good to come out of the healthcare thing. From what I understand, I may get penalized for opting out of my work insurance because I use my husbands, but thats a whole other can of worms.

You make a very good point. Not being a smoker, Im not up to date on the taxation on them, but I do remember my mom saying something about it in the last few years. I hadnt thought about it like that but you're right. If they used those taxes like that, it would be a moot issue.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:08 AM   #9
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

If the mexican monster is coke does that mean you guys are supportive of the Government legalizing crack and sniff?
Heroin? Acid?

As for just setting up lasers and fucking At-At's at the Mexican border (maybe atomic powered whack-o-mole robots for the tunnel digger traffic) does that mean we are tearing up NAFTA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 10:12 AM   #10
dubbs
Multistrada

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
If the mexican monster is coke does that mean you guys are supportive of the Government legalizing crack and sniff?
Heroin? Acid?

As for just setting up lasers and fucking At-At's at the Mexican border (maybe atomic powered whack-o-mole robots for the tunnel digger traffic) does that mean we are tearing up NAFTA?
Yes, I'd say legalize everything.. Cartel's would be a thing of the past..

People do it anyway and pay Criminals.. not much different than paying our government.. lol.. Maybe it will keep them from hiking up taxes in the future..

Realistically I think it's going to start off slowly with weed, then work its way down the line.. I doubt heroin will ever be legal, but at least clean needles should be readily available to stop the spread of diseases.