Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Aftermarket Modding

Old 04-24-2009, 07:32 AM   #11
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Okay, I'm done with these threads too!

Aww c'mon now, this is NOTHING like the war room...... In there, if you have a differing opinion you're a moron leaning too far to the (pick your side) and you obviously are uneducated on the subject of which you speaketh and everyone immediately will make it their mission in life to "educate" you right after you've been labeled a (pick your side)

This is simply an opportunity to find out what is out there so you can have more choices.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:02 AM   #12
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Quote:
Okay, I'm done with these threads too!
what are you talking about tigger? I think I'm about 50/50 on agreement with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
hmm I didnt know you could powdercoat the exhaust pipes too, that coul dbe more ideas to add to my project.

Tom
They don't powder exhaust. They ceramic coat them.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 12:32 PM   #13
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
what are you talking about tigger? I think I'm about 50/50 on agreement with you.

They don't powder exhaust. They ceramic coat them.
I'm joking of course! I won't argue about weight as things may have changed, new materials or techniques. I've actually weighed parts as a QC step in a factory and PC added a lot of weight. For the record, that was a long time ago.
As far as color choices and brightness, again I have older experience but I've never seen powder coat have that deep glow that a really good paint job does IMHO. Of course, that is subjective.

Yea, I was wondering about powder coat on exhaust as well...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 12:36 PM   #14
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
Aww c'mon now, this is NOTHING like the war room...... In there, if you have a differing opinion you're a moron leaning too far to the (pick your side) and you obviously are uneducated on the subject of which you speaketh and everyone immediately will make it their mission in life to "educate" you right after you've been labeled a (pick your side)

This is simply an opportunity to find out what is out there so you can have more choices.
I'm kidding, although it's like everyone asks for your opinion and then tries to tear it down when you were honestly just trying to help them.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:56 PM   #15
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Oh yeah I'm sure it does add on weight. Its thick shit and can take a beating without any marks due to its thickness.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:05 PM   #16
CasterTroy

Quote:
I'm kidding, although it's like everyone asks for your opinion and then tries to tear it down when you were honestly just trying to help them.
yep! I learned years ago, if I was going to participate in a public forum;

Con:
  1. Develope some thick skin
  2. Don't take it personal
  3. Take a break from them frequently

Otherwise you're letting people you've never met, from somewhere you've never been, occupy more than 2 seconds of your time and effort.....when they're SOOO not worth it.

Pro:
  1. Pictures of Archen

Old 04-24-2009, 01:07 PM   #17
Digifox
Cl4p-Trap

Moto: Your mom.

Hmmm, I say Go for it, If you keep it clean it looks a Hell of a lot better then Paint.

And if their Aluminum i say have them Sand blasted Smooth and Then have a Hard Anodize on them!
That stuff is the Shit!
And looks Amazing
Old 04-24-2009, 06:04 PM   #18
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digifox View Post
Hmmm, I say Go for it, If you keep it clean it looks a Hell of a lot better then Paint.

And if their Aluminum i say have them Sand blasted Smooth and Then have a Hard Anodize on them!
That stuff is the Shit!
And looks Amazing

It costs a mint to have it done, last I knew anyway.
Old 04-24-2009, 09:31 PM   #19
Dnyce
flyin high

Moto: 10speed huffy w/cards in the spokes

dude over here had his chop powder coated metalflake siilver(fenders, tank, frame) looked almost sweet as a paintjob, was way cheaper that what they woulda charged him for the same paint job with paint, probably because the prep is easier.

cons-it had a chip from riding, cant color match it, had to redo the whole thing to fix it, its thick as fuck so if you do manage to chip it, it looks kinda bad, and while it looked gd, it was a custom bike, and it shouldve had a deep wet paint job imo. it had the quality of a factory paint job. which isnt bad, unless you compare it to a good custom job. it had a long teardrop tank, that was where you could tell it wasnt glass smooth. but thats just stuff a show judge would notice, average person wouldnt give a shit.

anodizing looks really fuckin sweet

im pretty sure you can powdercoat exhaust(its metal, why not?), you just dont get any benefit from it other than looks, like if you ceramic coat em

just my op. if im factually wrong, whatev lol
Old 04-24-2009, 10:16 PM   #20
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnyce View Post
dude over here had his chop powder coated metalflake siilver(fenders, tank, frame) looked almost sweet as a paintjob, was way cheaper that what they woulda charged him for the same paint job with paint, probably because the prep is easier.

cons-it had a chip from riding, cant color match it, had to redo the whole thing to fix it, its thick as fuck so if you do manage to chip it, it looks kinda bad, and while it looked gd, it was a custom bike, and it shouldve had a deep wet paint job imo. it had the quality of a factory paint job. which isnt bad, unless you compare it to a good custom job. it had a long teardrop tank, that was where you could tell it wasnt glass smooth. but thats just stuff a show judge would notice, average person wouldnt give a shit.

anodizing looks really fuckin sweet

im pretty sure you can powdercoat exhaust(its metal, why not?), you just dont get any benefit from it other than looks, like if you ceramic coat em

just my op. if im factually wrong, whatev lol

I think that the exhaust gets too hot for pc.