agreed
Antwanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 02:22 PM   #22
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Real street bikes, yes.........But a V6 Camry would smoke them. And I'm not sure I'd like to see what they feel like on the highway.
There is a lot of small fun roads in Europe, a lot less highway like we have here. The smaller bikes wouldn't be bad over there like they would over here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 04:14 PM   #23
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

That poor thing [both]. It's not low on displacement, though, it just has too many strokes.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:25 PM   #24
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

I guess if I were 16 and choosing between that and a scooter...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 07:28 PM   #25
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
is that going to be on sale here in the US or just oversees??

I've been looking for a smaller dirtbike! (and bigger steetbike)
I was just thinking that I could see you on that D-Tracker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Why do they keep making these underpowered supamotos.... The Yammie 250 sucks, a 125 would be a helluva a lot worse. Give me a damn 450 soupamoto.
I wish someone would make a little bigger bike. Not necessarily for me, but the hubby...although he can't afford it right now, someday maybe I'd buy one for him.

But I like both. I think they would be perfect sized for me.
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 07:44 PM   #26
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Why do they keep making these underpowered supamotos.... The Yammie 250 sucks, a 125 would be a helluva a lot worse. Give me a damn 450 soupamoto.
You do have the Aprilia SXV 4.5 or Husqvarna SM450R. I hear they both like to break a lot and parts take forever to get though. You could always get a used 450 four stroke dirtbike someone has supermotoed and registered. Keep in mind with any of the above bikes you will have maintenance out the ass (trans and crankcase oil changes every 2.5-5 hours, valve adjustments every 10-15 hours, rebuilds every 75-150 hours for the dirtbikes). Call me a glutton for punishment but I want one anyway.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 08:15 PM   #27
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
That poor thing [both]. It's not low on displacement, though, it just has too many strokes.

Amen to that!
defector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 08:33 PM   #28
Sean
giggity

Moto: street, sumo & dirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
You do have the Aprilia SXV 4.5 or Husqvarna SM450R. I hear they both like to break a lot and parts take forever to get though. You could always get a used 450 four stroke dirtbike someone has supermotoed and registered. Keep in mind with any of the above bikes you will have maintenance out the ass (trans and crankcase oil changes every 2.5-5 hours, valve adjustments every 10-15 hours, rebuilds every 75-150 hours for the dirtbikes). Call me a glutton for punishment but I want one anyway.
While maintenance is frequent, oil change intervals on the Husky are closer to 8-10 hours, valve adjustments are officially 20 hours but mine have never been out of spec, and I know of one 450 Husky that's gone 10k miles without a rebuild. Mine is running 2000 miles on the current top end and is showing no signs of wear, that's about 200 hours. Husky motors are way more stout than most MX bikes.

Aprilia doesn't quite have their act together yet though, probably half of those things are basket cases. I pitted next to an Aprilia dealer at a track once and he told me never to buy one
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 10:17 PM   #29
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
While maintenance is frequent, oil change intervals on the Husky are closer to 8-10 hours, valve adjustments are officially 20 hours but mine have never been out of spec, and I know of one 450 Husky that's gone 10k miles without a rebuild. Mine is running 2000 miles on the current top end and is showing no signs of wear, that's about 200 hours. Husky motors are way more stout than most MX bikes.

Aprilia doesn't quite have their act together yet though, probably half of those things are basket cases. I pitted next to an Aprilia dealer at a track once and he told me never to buy one
Information like that coming from someone who owns one is good to hear. Intervals are still pretty often, but much better than the rest.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 10:49 PM   #30
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
yeah, but you lose reliability. It would be nice to have a reliability in mind built SM thats bigger than 400. The 400 is almost there, but just needs a little bit more umph that you really have to put in a lot of money in it to get. Same with the 450 dirts you convert.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote