Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Aftermarket Modding

Old 02-02-2009, 10:48 PM   #1
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets
Default Shopping for bits and pieces...

Where do you find most of your goodies? Are some online stores better than others? Is it price, reliability, items in stock, customer service, etc.... where do you shop and why?

Me - www.motowheels.com They have some of their own goodies, but also run some of the best prices I have found online. AND, if you sign up with an account you get an additional discount.

I'm just curious to find other sites that I might have overlooked in the past.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 12:11 AM   #2
shmike
Follower

I used to shop around and I still will for gear or the like.

Pretty much anything bike related, I go to my local dealer. I can get the same or better prices through them as any online retailer.

I used to only use the dealer for OEM part but the new owner's track bike is the same as my race bike so, we help each other find new sources for aftermarket goodies.
shmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 12:41 AM   #3
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

First place I hit up for any motorcycle related purchase is http://www.newenough.com. Their prices are usually very competetive, and their customer service is hands down among the best. They've been incredibly friendly when I've called in orders, and they ship quickly. They also have great deals on closeout items.

After them, it's the typical shit. Every now and then http://www.kneedraggers.com and http://www.compacc.com have good sales, and their selection is good for some window shopping as well.

After that, and if there's something I need right now, I'll stroll down to Cycle Gear and see what they have. Sometimes they're good on prices, sometimes they flat out suck. But if nothing else, I can try stuff on if it's gear related, or check out quality if it's a hard part item.

And recently, Amazon.com started listing motorcycle parts, accessories, and gear. I've got a Prime membership, so for certain items it's free 2 day shipping or $4 overnight shipping. Haven't had to make a motorcycle purchase lately, but I keep window shopping to see if there's something I can't pass up. Their selection seems pretty good so far. If I pick something up through them, I'll report on any problem if it's encountered, though I've yet to have any problems with Amazon over shipping or customer service.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 09:11 AM   #4
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

As far as parts....I defer to www.americansportbike.com. Al sells mostly Buell stuff...but does stock some Ducati, Aprilia, and HD stuff. Great people that run that site...incredibly helpful and always willing to go the extra mile.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:05 AM   #5
PhiSig1071
Let go of my ears.

Moto: '03 GSX-R600, '04 625SMC

Hey Azoom, I don't know who you use for KTM parts (Motostrano?) but if you ever need anything for the KTM call Chip at Munn Racing, those guys are great!

http://www.munnracing.com/

They're in Waco, I don't know how far that is from you guys.

Entia non sunt multiplicanda necessitatem
PhiSig1071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:07 AM   #6
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiSig1071 View Post
Hey Azoom, I don't know who you use for KTM parts (Motostrano?) but if you ever need anything for the KTM call Chip at Munn Racing, those guys are great!

http://www.munnracing.com/

They're in Waco, I don't know how far that is from you guys.
It's awesome that you posted this - I just got a call from them yesterday. Yes, I used Motostrano for tard-kit. And, from their follow-thru (or lack of) I don't think I'll use them again. Not angry, just will go with someone else in the future.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:11 AM   #7
tommymac
Moto GP Star

for the priller and some other bits I use Af1. Good prices and prompt shipping, have never had any complaints with them.

other stuff I look around. Motorcycle store, sportbike track gear, new enough, and motorcyclecloseouts.com are a few i frequent.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 11:14 AM   #8
PhiSig1071
Let go of my ears.

Moto: '03 GSX-R600, '04 625SMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
It's awesome that you posted this - I just got a call from them yesterday. Yes, I used Motostrano for tard-kit. And, from their follow-thru (or lack of) I don't think I'll use them again. Not angry, just will go with someone else in the future.
Yeah, I think Motostrano might have let their reach exceed their grasp. You wont be disappointed with Munn Racing, all the guys I know here in FL who are KTM junkies swear by them. Their website is a little counter-intuitive but if you call them they're very helpful.

Entia non sunt multiplicanda necessitatem
PhiSig1071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 11:40 AM   #9
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

scottsms.com

this guy is in cali and he is a great guy and the everything is on time and usually the lost cost i can find, alot of what he has is HRC goodies that are hard to come by and the customer service is great, with every order you he sends his personal number and if you have any questions he will anser them at any time, which i know because i have forgotten the time change and called at some fucked up hours and he still is great to work with

for jackets and such, ironpony.com and hondaoftroy.com<-- still get my employee discount

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote