Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Events

Old 04-23-2009, 12:47 PM   #121
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

Just dropped the Bike off for a Service and To put my new Rear tire on...After that Im good to go for the Rally!!!

Bring it on Bitches!!
Old 04-23-2009, 01:16 PM   #122
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
Just dropped the Bike off for a Service and To put my new Rear tire on...After that Im good to go for the Rally!!!

Bring it on Bitches!!
Sweet, my chain shoudl arrive on monday so i will put it on next weekend and will inspect my rear tire before we go, and decide if I should swap it out. As of now it looks realy good but will be commuting and have a 300 plus mile ride planned for saturday.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 05:52 PM   #123
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

I really need a new chain, and was planning on changing it before the rally, but thats not gonna happen. I think I will however be able to manage to do an oil change.
Old 04-23-2009, 11:21 PM   #124
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

I still need an oil change. I'll be getting that done sometime next week, depending on work.

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:25 PM   #125
tommymac
Moto GP Star

next weekis prety tight for me but one of the guys wants to grab one or 2 of my shifts next week so I may give one up just to get some work done. Aside from the chain I have a few small things I want to do and just need a good day to knock it all out.

Tom
Old 04-24-2009, 07:17 AM   #126
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R

Anybody have experience installing emulators? I'm about to order a set, but need to be sure I can get them in before heading down for the rally.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:17 AM   #127
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenix_Rider View Post
Anybody have experience installing emulators? I'm about to order a set, but need to be sure I can get them in before heading down for the rally.
Cant help ya there, if I had more time i would attack my fork seals myself since I havent done them before. Times getting tight so its easier for me to pull them off and take them to a shop. Plus a tleast I know it will be done right.

tom
Old 04-27-2009, 12:37 AM   #128
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Cant help ya there, if I had more time i would attack my fork seals myself since I havent done them before. Times getting tight so its easier for me to pull them off and take them to a shop. Plus a tleast I know it will be done right.

tom
Me and a friend done done my fork seals. Neither of us has any experience with replacing them either. It took us a little less than 3 hours from putting the bike on the stands to taking the bike off the stands. It wouldn't have taken us that long if we had the correct tool to shove the seal in the fork, but we had to make one using an idea another rider gave us.

I still have tons of last minute shit I need to do before the rally. Although the only one I need to do for the bike is an oil change. I'm hoping to get my filter and oil tomorrow but I also have alot of other shit I need to do tomorrow to.

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Myspace
Old 04-27-2009, 12:39 AM   #129
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue View Post
Me and a friend done done my fork seals. Neither of us has any experience with replacing them either. It took us a little less than 3 hours from putting the bike on the stands to taking the bike off the stands. It wouldn't have taken us that long if we had the correct tool to shove the seal in the fork, but we had to make one using an idea another rider gave us.

I still have tons of last minute shit I need to do before the rally. Although the only one I need to do for the bike is an oil change. I'm hoping to get my filter and oil tomorrow but I also have alot of other shit I need to do tomorrow to.
I still have a few smaller things to do and need to hit target for a few odds and ends (batteries, sunscreen etc...) but I think I am covered on most of the bigger stuff and just need to pack everything.

tom
Old 04-27-2009, 12:52 AM   #130
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
I still have a few smaller things to do and need to hit target for a few odds and ends (batteries, sunscreen etc...) but I think I am covered on most of the bigger stuff and just need to pack everything.

tom
Damn. I didn't think about sunscreen. I really need to pick up some more batteries for my MP3 Player too. And some raingear.

Quote:
Myspace