Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Around the World > Northeast Riders

Old 06-09-2010, 11:35 PM   #1
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic
Arrow Carlisle Bike Fest - July 23-25, 2KX (Pics biggy)

Ok so I'm heading back out to see my brother Marko for this.

http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/ce/events/bikefest/

So I want to gauge interest for this.

Further, Uma (the wife), is debating on going. Plus Sean (caveman) wants to go on one of my PA trips anyway. So if Uma goes, and Sean tags along, I'm sure he'll bring his wife. Which will mean hotel/motel.

Who else is in and would you be staying the night, 2 or 3?

It's $8 a day or $15 for a 3 day pass. So if we go both days, might as well buy the 3 day pass. Sounds like a huge event with tons of vendors, shows, and side attractions. I have wanted to go to this since 2003 so I want to enjoy it and not be rushed.

Marko, is this event big enough where we will be there Sat & Sun???

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 11:49 PM   #2
tommymac
Moto GP Star

I am heading out frday but will be leaving sunday morning to head to njmp for a track day monday.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:33 AM   #3
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

So you will want to stay 2 nights in a hotel/motel. Correct. When would you be to mark's?

If we have more in for the same. We will need Marko to find a decent place close to his house for this. Face to face deals will usually always be better. plus he can check to make sure its not a roach infested pig stie.

Also, need to find out from marko, what his plans are for the buell forks. Just a fluid change should be fast.

Run Amsoil Product
Old 06-10-2010, 12:35 AM   #4
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
So you will want to stay 2 nights in a hotel/motel. Correct. When would you be to mark's?

If we have more in for the same. We will need Marko to find a decent place close to his house for this. Face to face deals will usually always be better. plus he can check to make sure its not a roach infested pig stie.

Also, need to find out from marko, what his plans are for the buell forks. Just a fluid change should be fast.
I thought if it was a few of us we were crashing at his place but a hotel works too. I iwll prolly get out there mid to late afternoon on friday. last I heard from marko he was going to hold off on the forks. I can still bring the tools with me if he wants us to knock it out.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:43 AM   #5
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Well I'm not planning on any real riding while there... but whatever. We just need to find out how much will be going on at the actual event.

As far as staying at his house... I suggested tents in his back yard. However, that doesn't fix the showering problem. Of coarse Ebbs suggested truck stop for that. But at that point, why not just do a hotel and be done with it. ya know.

Rider... rumor has it, you were considering this. You going to roll with me on friday??? I then leave on Monday to ride back. What up? We could have a 3 bike roll out from michigan.

Run Amsoil Product
Old 06-10-2010, 06:41 AM   #6
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Yeah, if it's just a couple of you then you are more than welcome to stay at my place. But as Gas knows, I only have 1 extra bed. There's a hotel 1/4 mile from my house. I dont know what the rates are but it's a decent place. Literally like 45 seconds from my door.

As for the event...you will NOT wanna go for 2 or 3 days. It's a one day thing. Busy as hell. But at the end of the day it's a bike show. So there's a shit ton of HD/chopper stuff and vendors. But the coolest part is walking around and checking out everyone's bike who rode there. There's very little in the way of sportbike vendors. The Star Boys do a stunt show that sucks.

There's also demo rides from Kawi, Yami, etc...but you gotta be there super early to sign up.

I'd recommend going Sunday, as it's way less busy. But if you really want the full gimmick Saturday is when everyone goes.

I can maybe get us free admission passes. I haven't paid to go to that show in 3 years. In fact, if you guys weren't coming I probably wouldn't go b/c it's the same thing every year.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 04:29 PM   #7
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

I plan on at least possible making a day trip out to hand off chewy and hang out for a bit...

Lemme google Carlisle and see how far away it is via Bike...
Old 06-10-2010, 04:31 PM   #8
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

146 Miles, Google Maps Says 2 hours and 40 Mins....I could make it in 2.

I'll DEF try and swing it...It's all Super Slab...But Fuck it.
Old 06-10-2010, 04:43 PM   #9
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
146 Miles, Google Maps Says 2 hours and 40 Mins....I could make it in 2.

I'll DEF try and swing it...It's all Super Slab...But Fuck it.
I might join you, if there's nothin else going on
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 04:46 PM   #10
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Well I'm not planning on any real riding while there... but whatever. We just need to find out how much will be going on at the actual event.

As far as staying at his house... I suggested tents in his back yard. However, that doesn't fix the showering problem. Of coarse Ebbs suggested truck stop for that. But at that point, why not just do a hotel and be done with it. ya know.

Rider... rumor has it, you were considering this. You going to roll with me on friday??? I then leave on Monday to ride back. What up? We could have a 3 bike roll out from michigan.
You leaving Friday after work and coming back Sunday? I have zero days of vacation left at my disposal. I'm using 8 days in July when I go to Seattle and I am using another 3 days at Thanksgiving and I already used up 4 days when I went to FL. That's why I didn't go to the rally.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote