Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Sports Bar

Old 12-12-2010, 10:08 AM   #1
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB
Default GSP Vs. Koschech 2

Was there ever any doubt?

Joshy boy went home to the USA with his eye between his legs, and GSP no doubt nailed most of the hot chicks in Montreal last night.

Great fight, would have loved to see a knockout. But if GSP keeps fighting/training the way he is, its gonna be a while before he loses that title.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 10:24 AM   #2
TYEster
With MORE TYEstosterone

Moto: '12 KX450F / 08 YZ250F #512 / 07 KX65 #1

Damnit I missed the fight but I guess it went as I expected. GSP FTW
TYEster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 11:31 AM   #3
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

Meh. Typical GSP fight. Out point the opponent, but don't finish.
Maybe it is time for him to move to 185. Seems nobody has much for him at 170.
Old 12-12-2010, 11:51 AM   #4
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Best night of fights I can remember ordering.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 12:09 PM   #5
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by defector View Post
Meh. Typical GSP fight. Out point the opponent, but don't finish.
Maybe it is time for him to move to 185. Seems nobody has much for him at 170.
I would say it was a Typical GSP fight. He dominated from start to finish.

Its hilarious to hear the armchair critics. 'LOLZ HE DIDNT FINISH!!!', like finishing one of the top fighters in the world is something he should be able to do on command. Its about winning, knockouts/tapouts are a secondary concern, and rarely happen at that level.

Fighting one of us, i'd be dissapointed if we werent done in under 30 seconds. Fighting someone as close to his level as it seems to get at the moment, not so easy. GSP is one of the best ever. Losing to GSP doesnt make Koschechs talent irrelevant.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 05:06 PM   #6
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

GSP himself even said he was Disappointed he didnt finish him off, he talked about it in his post fight press conference. He said he wanted it bad, And Silva was mentioned, GSP may step up a weight class and stay there...He has the muscle mass to gain the weight properly and be able to compete, He said he was at 189 Last night when he fought.

Dana white said if Silva and GSP Fight it will be for Silva's Title. But prelim talks are Jake Sheilds and GSP would fight first.

It was a great fight, I dont think I've ever seen that many jabs from ANY UFC Fight...GSP used Koscheks eye as target practice.
Old 12-13-2010, 01:12 AM   #7
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
I would say it was a Typical GSP fight. He dominated from start to finish.

Its hilarious to hear the armchair critics. 'LOLZ HE DIDNT FINISH!!!', like finishing one of the top fighters in the world is something he should be able to do on command. Its about winning, knockouts/tapouts are a secondary concern, and rarely happen at that level.

Fighting one of us, i'd be dissapointed if we werent done in under 30 seconds. Fighting someone as close to his level as it seems to get at the moment, not so easy. GSP is one of the best ever. Losing to GSP doesnt make Koschechs talent irrelevant.
Exactly how I see it to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
GSP himself even said he was Disappointed he didnt finish him off, he talked about it in his post fight press conference. He said he wanted it bad, And Silva was mentioned, GSP may step up a weight class and stay there...He has the muscle mass to gain the weight properly and be able to compete, He said he was at 189 Last night when he fought.

Dana white said if Silva and GSP Fight it will be for Silva's Title. But prelim talks are Jake Sheilds and GSP would fight first.

It was a great fight, I dont think I've ever seen that many jabs from ANY UFC Fight...GSP used Koscheks eye as target practice.
He was pissed he didnt finish Dan Hardy too, why? Because GSP is already a great fighter but always strives to be better and is very critical of himself.

And how would it be a typical gsp fight because he didnt finish? He has an mma record of 21-2 and 13 wins coming by stoppage, either KO, TKO or submission. And out of 8 wins by decision, 7 were unanimous, only 1 was split. That sounds like a pretty dominant fighter to me and he showed it again last night. I dont think koscheck even landed 10 total shots that whole fight and 1 takedown that went no where.
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 07:21 AM   #8
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Koscheck is a cheating punk ass bitch. How he acted on the Ultimate Figher too...

He is probably my most hated fighter, and I wanted GSP to smash his face. I didn't get to see it due to work, but I heard I got what I wanted. Broken orbital bone????
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 11:17 AM   #9
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

I read one article on the fight and the guy said he was expecting Jason "Mayhem" Miller to walk out any minute and hand someone $10k because he thought later in the fight that he was watching an episode of "Bully Beatdown".

Glad to see it...sure I wish GSP had submitted or even knocked Kos out but dominating him for 5 rounds was pretty cool too.

I about hate to see GSP fight Silva...Silva is a badazz and imho would hurt GSP standing up and would be hard to take down too. Maybe I'm wrong and HOPE I am because I definitely like GSP better than I do the Spider.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:00 PM   #10
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
I read one article on the fight and the guy said he was expecting Jason "Mayhem" Miller to walk out any minute and hand someone $10k because he thought later in the fight that he was watching an episode of "Bully Beatdown".

Glad to see it...sure I wish GSP had submitted or even knocked Kos out but dominating him for 5 rounds was pretty cool too.

I about hate to see GSP fight Silva...Silva is a badazz and imho would hurt GSP standing up and would be hard to take down too. Maybe I'm wrong and HOPE I am because I definitely like GSP better than I do the Spider.
GSP has pretty good size for a welterweight. I don't think a move to 185 is too much of a stretch for him. Add in that he trains harder than probably anyone, and seems to always have the perfect gameplan for a given opponent, and it is an awesome fight.