Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Sports Bar

Old 12-14-2010, 09:05 AM   #1
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt
Default cliff lee

We got Im, suck it new york. Next time you want somebody try not throwing trash on their wife
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 09:56 AM   #2
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Baseball sucks, no one cares. It's football season.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 11:06 AM   #3
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Don't you hail from a state that doesn't even have a major league team? but since its football season, how bout them cowboys?
Old 12-14-2010, 11:14 AM   #4
Trip
Hold mah beer!

I've never lived in a state with a Pro baseball team. Baseball was big in Louisiana though, because LSU use to dominate college ball but I never really cared for it. Baseball was one of those stupid sports where your parents forced you to play and you stood around kicking rocks for a few hours when you could of been at home playing Nintendo.

Pro baseball seems to be a more yankee thing. If you are not a Yankees or Red Sox fan, you are irrelevant for the most part.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:36 AM   #5
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I've never lived in a state with a Pro baseball team. Baseball was big in Louisiana though, because LSU use to dominate college ball but I never really cared for it. Baseball was one of those stupid sports where your parents forced you to play and you stood around kicking rocks for a few hours when you could of been at home playing Nintendo.

Pro baseball seems to be a more yankee thing. If you are not a Yankees or Red Sox fan, you are irrelevant for the most part.
New yorkers like to think so anyway.

I can understand the sentiment though, I didn't Get or like football for a looong time. Been coming around in the last couple years though. I still hate how kiddie comercialized it is, but at least I can enjoy the plays/tactics of it
Old 12-14-2010, 11:44 AM   #6
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
New yorkers like to think so anyway.

I can understand the sentiment though, I didn't Get or like football for a looong time. Been coming around in the last couple years though. I still hate how kiddie comercialized it is, but at least I can enjoy the plays/tactics of it
Not just New Yorkers, but Bostonites too. I think it's pretty much true though. You see the NY and B everywhere. They have huge fanbases everywhere, no matter how bad or good they are.

I see a lot of Braves gear around here, but that is because the Braves are the only Southern team. There are teams in Florida, but I don't count Florida as a Southern state, it's directionally Southern, but it's got it's own thing going culturally. Nothern Florida can join us though, they don't have any teams either though. You got to get on the shaft before they have a team down there.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:55 AM   #7
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Not just New Yorkers, but Bostonites too. I think it's pretty much true though. You see the NY and B everywhere. They have huge fanbases everywhere, no matter how bad or good they are.

I see a lot of Braves gear around here, but that is because the Braves are the only Southern team. There are teams in Florida, but I don't count Florida as a Southern state, it's directionally Southern, but it's got it's own thing going culturally. Nothern Florida can join us though, they don't have any teams either though. You got to get on the shaft before they have a team down there.
Braves I can buy, maybe even reds or sox for western tn. If you're they are wearing yankees shit and aren't actually from new york they are dickriding. Just like the dallass cowboys extended fanbase
Old 12-14-2010, 11:58 AM   #8
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Braves I can buy, maybe even reds or sox for western tn. If you're they are wearing yankees shit and aren't actually from new york they are dickriding. Just like the dallass cowboys extended fanbase
I see as much boston gear as I do new york. This is world wide. People from other countries wear their shit.

I don't see dallas gear that much anymore, probably cause they suck.

I've seen Saints gear explode.
Old 12-14-2010, 12:09 PM   #9
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

Quote:
but since its football season, how bout them cowboys?
Ass.
At least I can maintain confidence that any other NFC East team won't be winning the Super Bowl this year.
Old 12-14-2010, 12:12 PM   #10
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
I see as much boston gear as I do new york. This is world wide. People from other countries wear their shit.

I don't see dallas gear that much anymore, probably cause they suck.

I've seen Saints gear explode.
Boston stuff is surprising to me. Doesn't occur at all here. If someone wears non phillies stuff its usually nyy, mets, and occasionally braves

Saints crap blew up here too. Bandwagoners are a disease