Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Riding Gear

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-02-2008, 12:17 PM   #1
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)
Default Joe Rocket, Tour Master, First Gear

I won a $30 gift certificate at a bike night. So I stopped by Lawrenceville Honda(A local full blown Stealership) to look at what they had for $30. Once I read the prize I saw I have to spend $60 for them to use all of the $30 up. Which is fine because it would cost me $30.

Anyways I'm wanting some good summertime gloves. I tried on some 1st gear gloves and felt they were okay. Again might be good for an august downtown Atlanta cruise. Then saw the Cortech/Tour Masters but didn't try those on because the ones I liked where I think $70 and I was just wanting to use that $30. But of course found out later I need to spend just about that so the Tourmasters are up on the table now. Never tried the Joe Rockets on but will probably run up there today and give it a try.

But while at cycle gear the only glove I tried on that I really liked was the Dainese. They fit my hand well like a glove. I didn't even like the A*. Unfortunately I didn't see a perfurated Dianese glove there(except 1 shortie)

Anyways one of my concerns is Quality. If my palms hit the ground I don't want stitches flying everywhere and exposing my palm to the ground. So how would the 3 different mentioned gloves stand up in a crash?