Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 05-22-2010, 10:20 PM   #41
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
N. Korea has the world's 4th largest active duty army at around 1.1 mil, add in their 4.2 mil reservists and that puts them number 2 behind China. If we nuke them, China will have no other recourse but to retaliate against us...
The Chinese and the N.Koreans both HATE the Japaense and they both like each other. China will side with the North Koreans.

Quote:
....So that leaves us with 2 options....
Actually it leaves us with three options...the third being to leave N. Korea the fuck alone like it has been for a long time.

Quote:
....The people there are not militant, they are not barbarians... they are poor people who are used as a near slave labor force. The military will do anything for Father Kim because they are the ones who are treated well and have the power. The people dont know any better... according to NK version of history, the Japanese surrendered to THEM after WWII, we surrendered to THEM after the Great Fatherland War, and if you can even believe, they have a mural of one of our shuttles with a NK star on its tail because they were the ones who were in space first....
Every country has and uses propaganda. Ours is actually very good at it as we are just very sneaky in how it is pushed.

Quote:
....Nuclear issues... Any nuclear detonation, whether the colliding of atoms to make multikiloton explosions or a conventional explosion with some used nuclear fuel rods stuck in is still a nuclear weapon because it spreads nuclear fallout and contaminates and kills. And the scary part you ask?? They may actually have a rocket that can reach the western seaboard of our country (Taepo-Dong III maybe?? 3 times the size of a SCUD missle) I know they have ones that can reach Japan because I was lucky enough to be in Japan and see their test fire of it as it flew over the main island.....
I still don't see how the U.S. has any right to tell N.Korea how many nukes they have. We have 5,113 (or something like that) nuclear warheads and the only known country to use a nuclear bomb on another country. We are like the thief preaching in church about thou shall not steal.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM

Last edited by 101lifts2; 05-22-2010 at 10:25 PM..
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 11:02 PM   #42
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlVDGmjz7eM&NR=1
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 11:24 PM   #43
Razor
Token

Moto: '07 Kawasaki Mean Streak Special Edition

If we were to provoke NK to attack, we better have plenty of Patriot batteries setup in Japan also, because one of the first things they will do is launch Nodong missles/rockets(God I just love saying that) armed with everything from conventional to biological to chemical warheads to bring Japan in.

NK special forces are no joke either, they routinely (at least up until a few years ago) would sneak onto mainland Japan (usually in the northern parts) and abduct japanese women to be taken back to NK, surveil targets of interest, deliver or pick up who knows what...

http://news.google.com/newspapers?ni...g=6495,2275257

If you have ever been to a US owned/occupied base in SK, you should look at the golf courses. If you do you will notice that there is never a fairway longer than 200yards without a sandtrap/waterhazard/dogleg in it. They are specifically designed that way to keep NK spec ops from landing ther little AN-2 Colts on the fairways since they only need several hundred yards to land...

Armistice!

Last edited by Razor; 05-22-2010 at 11:45 PM..
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 11:29 PM   #44
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Maybe 2012 will strike them first.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 11:44 PM   #45
Razor
Token

Moto: '07 Kawasaki Mean Streak Special Edition

Quote:
Actually it leaves us with three options...the third being to leave N. Korea the fuck alone like it has been for a long time.
Realistically it only leaves us with two options presently, maybe we could have used the third option decades ago before we started leaning into the mess but no longer. We couldnt afford the negative press of just picking up and going home, nor could we leave SK to fend for themselves so actually we cant just leave them alone.

Quote:
I still don't see how the U.S. has any right to tell N.Korea how many nukes they have. We have 5,113 (or something like that) nuclear warheads and the only known country to use a nuclear bomb on another country. We are like the thief preaching in church about thou shall not steal.
I cant say that I disagree with you there, but I wasnt making an arguement about who had what rights to preach to whom. You're absolutely correct, the last figure I saw was that we had about 2600-2800 more nuke warheads than any other country. But if you want to look at it another way, since we have that many big sticks (read Nukes), we may not be able to dictate how many the other kids(read other nuclear countries) already have but we might want to have a decision on who gets their first big stick, especially if its the scary little psycho(NK) down the street that drowns puppies for fun...

Just an idea

Last edited by Razor; 05-22-2010 at 11:56 PM..
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 12:36 AM   #46
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Realistically it only leaves us with two options presently, maybe we could have used the third option decades ago before we started leaning into the mess but no longer. We couldnt afford the negative press of just picking up and going home, nor could we leave SK to fend for themselves so actually we cant just leave them alone...
Actually the better question is what exactly is the United States interest in helping South Korea. I hardly doubt it has anything to do with negative press.

Quote:
....I cant say that I disagree with you there, but I wasnt making an arguement about who had what rights to preach to whom. You're absolutely correct, the last figure I saw was that we had about 2600-2800 more nuke warheads than any other country. But if you want to look at it another way, since we have that many big sticks (read Nukes), we may not be able to dictate how many the other kids(read other nuclear countries) already have but we might want to have a decision on who gets their first big stick, especially if its the scary little psycho(NK) down the street that drowns puppies for fun...
I'm a Libertarian (in most areas) and what I simply fear the most is that this country will end up the same as alot of other countries who stretch their military too thin to either conquer other nations or protect other nations in the name of democracy. Add that to the entitlement craze we are going through and you have a recipe for disaster.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM

Last edited by 101lifts2; 05-23-2010 at 06:09 PM..
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 01:38 PM   #47
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
Actually the better question is what exactly is the United States interest in helping South Korea. I hardly doubt it has anything to do with negative press.
That would have been a good question to ask 60 years ago when the United Nations (primarily the United States) decided helping South Korea was in our interest. That made it our problem too and I don't really see a way we can walk away from it.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 01:42 PM   #48
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Remnants of the Domino Theory

OMG THOSE COMMUNISTS.......NO MATTER HOW FAR APART THEY ARE FROM EACH OTHER, OR HOW DIFFERENT IN CULTURE EACH OF THEIR COUNTRIES IS, THEY WOULD ALIGN WITH EACH OTHER TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD !!!!!11
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 09:20 AM   #49
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6

I wish I had a photo like this.