Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 04-30-2010, 09:37 AM   #111
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Youre right, it is a discussion thread. But trying to tell someone their pov is wrong because you dont understand or agree and thus discarding their post makes you the simple minded person who apparently can't have a courteous discussion when you disagree.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 09:47 AM   #112
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
Bad examples. They didnt get away with that because they are women, they got away with it because they are celebrities.

As far as the women going on tirades, where is a good example? Any person I know who has acted unprofessionally like that was fired, regardless off sex.

As far as the other items, thats politics, and has nothing to do with sex. It could be a grieving father or mother that "assists" a politician in allowing a law to get passed. I cant recall specific cases and while the females do typically outweigh the males on that matter, I can think of a couple of cases where a grieving father was the one who got laws passed. Not because of sex but because of whatever crime was committed.

Definitions of callous on the Web:

emotionally hardened; "a callous indifference to suffering"; "cold-blooded and indurate to public opinion"
make insensitive or callous; deaden feelings or morals

callously - in a callous way; "he callously exploited their feelings"

callosity - unfeelingness: devoid of passion or feeling; hardheartedness

callousness - The quality of being callous; emotional hardheartedness or indifference

Why would you find that judging? Was it aimed at you? Does it strike some cord within you makes you think it was? Try not taking things personally. Nowhere did it say "I think Kel or someone she knows is a callous whore".

Your argument is invalid btw. If even one person is scarred or emotionally damaged from an abortion, its not a myth.

Now boys and girls, lets see it used in a sentence. Or several.

If someone doesnt at least feel something after having an abortion I would definitely call them callous. Whether they are scarred or not depends on the person, but having to end a life, whether its because of a flaw in mother or baby, it being life threatening to the mother or simply because its not something the parents can do, it is still a very hard and serious decision and if someone doesnt give that thought or think about it in the years to come, I would stand by by statement that they are callous. No matter how you look at it, its still the taking of a life whether its necessary or not.

As far as the callous whore statement, if you read what I was stating, it refers to those women are stupid as we already discussed. The ones who go out, make bad decisions, sleep with a guy, get pregnant and have an abortion because its the easier way of dealing with it because they were too stupid, lazy and yes CALLOUS to use protection which would have negated the need to abort in the first place.

I grew up with girls whose only method of BC was going to the abortion doctor and getting rid of an unwanted pregnancy when they could have avoided it. Public health clinics, free condoms, ANYTHING would have at least made steps toward preventing. In other words, they "callously" disregarded the fetuses life (whether the fetus has a right to life is a whole different argument) and they often disregard the feelings of those involved, often the father of the fetus as Trip loves to argue.

I know women today who have had them done for their necessary reasons.

(No persons reason will be exactly the same and what one person feels is necessary may not be something you agree with, but its not your decision on what is reasonable for another person, and trying to judge another or make that decision for them like these laws are trying to do is not yours or the govts right.)

The stupid irresponsible girls and women who used it as birth control never gave a thought to anything other than themselves, which lends weight to Trips argument about the guys not having a choice. The women who had to make the decision for something other than stupidity and selfishness never forget what they had to do or how it made them feel i.e. it was not made "callously".

I'm not taking it personally nor did it strike a chord. But you weren't saying 'callous' (which I would have agreed with given your definitions), you were saying "callous whore" which implies a whole lot of judgment.

As a society, we can't say that you can do something, and then say "oh only for certain reasons." We either allow it or we don't. Nose jobs are for the most part stupid and unneccessary (as is a lot of plastic surgery), but people are allowed to get it and no one has any say in WHY they get them. In no way am I equating a nose job with an abortion, but if we allow something....we allow it. Simple as. We can't say "oh you can only get a nose job if you were punched by your boyfriend."

And as for the "myth" part. Of course it's a decision and is weighed by anyone who's ever done it. And of course they feel something. But there is this view put out there that every woman who has an abortion regrets it for the rest of her life and is never the same and....blah blah blah. It's just not like that for everyone or even half as many as they would have you believe.

For a very good portion it was a choice they made. The RIGHT choice for them. No regrets. No spending years wondering "what if". None of that. Just done and move on. Doesn't make them callous or a whore.
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 09:49 AM   #113
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Actually you can say that you can do something and then set guidelines as to when such a thing is appropriately done. In most cases this is by stating a blanket prohibition and then stating cases in which it would be permitted. You'll find this all over both our nations, enshrined in legal statutes.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 09:52 AM   #114
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Actually you can say that you can do something and then set guidelines as to when such a thing is appropriately done. In most cases this is by stating a blanket prohibition and then stating cases in which it would be permitted. You'll find this all over both our nations, enshrined in legal statutes.
Well shoot....take that back.....it doesn't go with my post!

I meant it in a very general sense.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:04 AM   #115
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
Youre right, it is a discussion thread. But trying to tell someone their pov is wrong because you dont understand or agree and thus discarding their post makes you the simple minded person who apparently can't have a courteous discussion when you disagree.
Do you even know what you typed at the beginning of this thread when I shared my point of view about abortion? You tried to tell me my POV was wrong, but when I started attacking your opinion, you call me simple minded.

I understand fully what you are saying, it doesn't make sense to me. Just like you calling me out for being simple minded when you are just as guilty.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 10:31 AM   #116
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Wow just logged in and had time to read through this thread. A lot of interesting post on both sides.

I still feel the same as I did in my first post here but just not into the indepth sparring/debating on the net like some others are...just not why I join any car/bike forum.

I'm so glad I got snipped when I did.

It's Friday and this topic is too serious for me.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 10:45 AM   #117
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
It's Friday and this topic is too serious for me.

It's time to go eat mexican! yey
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 10:54 AM   #118
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
It's time to go eat mexican! yey
(Not to be used together of course )
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 10:58 AM   #119
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
And as for the "myth" part. Of course it's a decision and is weighed by anyone who's ever done it. And of course they feel something. But there is this view put out there that every woman who has an abortion regrets it for the rest of her life and is never the same and....blah blah blah. It's just not like that for everyone or even half as many as they would have you believe.

For a very good portion it was a choice they made. The RIGHT choice for them. No regrets. No spending years wondering "what if". None of that. Just done and move on. Doesn't make them callous or a whore.
I'm sorry, what?

I made the decision. I don't regret it. But, I am most certainly haunted by it. It was the absolute right decision, there is no doubt in my mind. BUT, I remember it like it was yesterday. The same goes for each woman I have talked to that has been through it.

It isn't as though I would break down in tears over it when it's brought up. But, it's something I went through that was VERY traumatic. Both physically [I distinctly remember being told to not scream], and emotionally [cried for a week].

Anyone that tells you they simply moved on is not telling you the whole truth.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 11:09 AM   #120
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
I'm sorry, what?

I made the decision. I don't regret it. But, I am most certainly haunted by it. It was the absolute right decision, there is no doubt in my mind. BUT, I remember it like it was yesterday. The same goes for each woman I have talked to that has been through it.

It isn't as though I would break down in tears over it when it's brought up. But, it's something I went through that was VERY traumatic. Both physically [I distinctly remember being told to not scream], and emotionally [cried for a week].

Anyone that tells you they simply moved on is not telling you the whole truth.

I'm not saying it's not traumatic for some women, or something that will haunt them. That wasn't my point.

My point was that the popular view put out there is that it's traumatic for every woman and every woman will regret it. It just isn't the case.