Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > 2008 Blog Contest > Blog Contest Discussion

Old 07-28-2008, 10:01 AM   #21
PhiSig1071
Let go of my ears.

Moto: '03 GSX-R600, '04 625SMC

It's too bad it's a 954, they're not a hugely popular bike, plus I think they only made them for two years, because you can make double what the bike is worth by parting it out. The only saving grace may be that stunters use 954's quite a bit, so if you join stuntlife or another stunter-specific site you could probably sell most of the parts rather quickly. Still probably take you a year to part it out though.

I have a buddy with a very clean DRZ400SM for sale, low miles, $3900.

Entia non sunt multiplicanda necessitatem
Old 07-28-2008, 10:23 AM   #22
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Actually, I've had a lot of people talk to me about my bike saying it's their all-time favorite bike (2 sales guys at seperate dealers, and some randome guy while out to eat)... Nobody's got any money though... Plus with the Fireblades forum, I'm sure I would have no problem unloading it. The problem is, do I really want to fuck around with it?
Old 07-28-2008, 11:09 AM   #23
PhiSig1071
Let go of my ears.

Moto: '03 GSX-R600, '04 625SMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Actually, I've had a lot of people talk to me about my bike saying it's their all-time favorite bike (2 sales guys at seperate dealers, and some randome guy while out to eat)... Nobody's got any money though... Plus with the Fireblades forum, I'm sure I would have no problem unloading it. The problem is, do I really want to fuck around with it?
Maybe it's just my area?

Yeah, the big question is do you have the garage space and patience to part it out. Time is money, you have to ask yourself if the higher amount you'd get for parting it out is worth the time it's going to take. Another issue is this, you've got to be pretty damn good with money to make it worth your while. The cash is going to come in trickles, and you've got to be careful not to spend it as you get it at a few hundred at a time, but rather put it in a seperate place and save it til you can buy a bike, which is tough.

Entia non sunt multiplicanda necessitatem