Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Track

Old 09-16-2008, 04:58 PM   #1
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpuppy View Post
what wouldn't you know and who is better or supposedly going to be better? 8 fucking championships? that is impressive in any book.. who is the next closest kenny roberts with 1 back in 1983? motherfucker please.. hayden had 1 good year and that's all he will ever have.. stoner might win 1 or 2 more but loves to crash.. no one will ever touch rossi.. he is in a league of his own..
Hayden didn't have one good year, Rossi had one bad one.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 05:21 PM   #2
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
yea I honestly think some of these people have forgotten about aggregate times and the fact that Rossi STILL would have enjoyed a 6 second lead at the restart. Hayden would have had to pass Rossi and put together a 6+ second lead. Yea that's gonna happen.....
Actually, they stated at the race that it would NOT be aggregate times. It also was not going to be "run what you brung" as riders were going to be allowed to change tires if they restarted the race. It would essentially be an 8 lap race, with riders lined up in the same order as they had crossed the line in the last lap.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 06:07 PM   #3
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
Actually, they stated at the race that it would NOT be aggregate times. It also was not going to be "run what you brung" as riders were going to be allowed to change tires if they restarted the race. It would essentially be an 8 lap race, with riders lined up in the same order as they had crossed the line in the last lap.
Are you sure? In the past they would stop a race,let the teams switch to rain tires and then run on aggregate times. Supposedly,now the teams are supposed to bring their riders in on their own if they wish to change tires. I understand that but because there aren't "supposed" to be any more start/stop situations other than unclearable crashes,I figured they would revert to the old standard. What is your source of info,CM?
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 06:25 PM   #4
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

the annoucers at the track.....

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 06:35 PM   #5
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

You are right sir! I just read the FIM's rulebook which states that the second race will start with the riders in the positions they enjoyed at the finish of the first portion. BTW the necessary race distance to call it quits is 2/3 not 75% as some have stated. I'm sure they purposely waited for the 2/3 mark to pass before stopping it. Also,to be able to re-start they require that it be possible within 10 minutes from when the race was stopped. Considering the conditions,what had changed in 10 minutes weatherwise?

So,who knows...maybe everyone's little darling Nicky may have pulled it off but you must also remember that,that would brought Lorenzo,Davidioso,Spies,etc closer as well! With EVERYONE on fresh,supersoft tires! My other question would be about tires. As I understand it,the teams are only allowed to bring a certain number of tires to each race,what if they didn't have new tires to put on?
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 09:37 PM   #6
Gunther1000
Jesus Christ!

Moto: (The Chi's lover)

Ya, only taking the word from Kevin Schwants (sp?) and the announcers on tv they were going to be able to change tires and race it out for the remander. I just thought Nicky would have given his all and maybe crashed in the process trying to take out Rossi. He really wanted a win and It would have been sweet to see an American at his home track (basicly) take the win.

I feel for all of you who went and toughed it out!

Old 09-16-2008, 09:40 PM   #7
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunther1000 View Post
Ya, only taking the word from Kevin Schwants (sp?) and the announcers on tv they were going to be able to change tires and race it out for the remander. I just thought Nicky would have given his all and maybe crashed in the process trying to take out Rossi. He really wanted a win and It would have been sweet to see an American at his home track (basicly) take the win.

I feel for all of you who went and toughed it out!

toughed it out? are you kidding?

I dont think ANY of us had a problem with the rain. we were having so much fun it may have well been raining acid or scorpions.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 09:43 PM   #8
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post

I dont think ANY of us had a problem with the rain. we were having so much fun it may have well been raining acid or scorpions.
Seriously, that was one of the best weekends of my short life. It's going to be hard to top that much fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 10:19 PM   #9
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Quote:

Only way it would have been more fun would be if I'd had a bike. But if I did, how would many of you get to the track? Guess there just wouldn't have been much drinking at the track, only at night.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 10:19 PM   #10
Gunther1000
Jesus Christ!

Moto: (The Chi's lover)

Quote:

Ya, like some that rode hundreds of miles in the rain guy, That's toughing it out.

I think you need to get off your little high horse before you get pulled down to size.

Stop your hate game before I take it personal...

Kudo's to all people who rode up and back to a race that was CALLED FOR RAIN!