Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Riding Gear

Old 02-10-2009, 12:06 AM   #21
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUKIMON View Post
Thanks for the links Tigger. I wear an XL. I know, I know......I've got the "Big Head!!"

You're right Corey, they do feel like a pillow next to anything else that I have ever put on. They are quite too.

While we are talking about helmet, and I don't care to make another thread about this if need be, has anyone ever made their own homebrew speaker setup for an MP3/4 player? I can't justify the cost of an aftermarket setup, but I can't figure out what speakers would work well and mounting for them. ??
Are speakers a requirement for you? There are quite a few simple and relatively cheap setups for some earbud setups. I used to ride around with the Koss/Foam earplug setup that made its way around the various forums. It was $10 for the earbuds and under two bucks for the foam ear plugs. with a little patience and a little bit of work you could have the combination of noise isolation from the foam ear plugs with the option for music. And the whole mess fit under a helmet without any problems. There are quite a few noise isolation earbuds on the market that can help to eliminate wind noise and give you nice clear sound while fitting under a helmet without having to trim away foam or rig up some speakers.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 12:11 AM   #22
ZUKIMON
Is this thing on?

Moto: '01, 929RR

I've tried numerous types/brands and styles of earbuds, they don't work well with me. They actually cause pain, and that ain't cutting it on the bike. I figure that I could do a simple add-on setup inside the earhole and not have the issue of pulling out while putting on or taking off the helmet.

Point me towards this earbud setup that you talk of and I will give it some thought or may even try it out.
ZUKIMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 12:12 AM   #23
Corey
AMA Supersport

Speaking of:

EXO-400 for $109.00

My buddy had the EXO-400 Octane in red. It was a comfortable helmet with excellent build quality that held up remarkably well when he crashed his bike. And $109 is a steal. If you can sneak a test fit on at a dealer that stocks them, I think you'll be surprised at the similarty in fit and quality to your RF800. And New Enough kicks massive ass in their customer service.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Old 02-10-2009, 12:14 AM   #24
Cass
Cassolicious!

Moto: SV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Are speakers a requirement for you? There are quite a few simple and relatively cheap setups for some earbud setups. I used to ride around with the Koss/Foam earplug setup that made its way around the various forums. It was $10 for the earbuds and under two bucks for the foam ear plugs. with a little patience and a little bit of work you could have the combination of noise isolation from the foam ear plugs with the option for music. And the whole mess fit under a helmet without any problems. There are quite a few noise isolation earbuds on the market that can help to eliminate wind noise and give you nice clear sound while fitting under a helmet without having to trim away foam or rig up some speakers.
Etymotic ER6i - check Amazon, they keep pretty good prices on them.
Old 02-10-2009, 12:17 AM   #25
Corey
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
Etymotic ER6i - check Amazon, they keep pretty good prices on them.
Those are way better than the Koss I was sporting. But Cass is right, if you wanna do it right, spend a little extra cash now on the Etymotics and never look back.

Old 02-10-2009, 12:21 AM   #26
ZUKIMON
Is this thing on?

Those look slick. Thanks Lola. I just don't know if I could justify that kind of coin on something that I doubt I would be able to wear comfortably.... It's kind of hard to try on a set of buds for fit. They kind of frown upon that like asking to try on undies.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:53 AM   #27
Corey
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Ahem...Exo 700 $109 shipped

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=527

Oh and these speakers work for me..about $25 from a stealership.
Damn that's a good price. Glad they don't have it in my size or I'd be $109 poorer.

Old 02-10-2009, 09:25 AM   #28
ZUKIMON
Is this thing on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Damn that's a good price. Glad they don't have it in my size or I'd be $109 poorer.
That is a good price, but they don't have my size either.

Love the speaker kit. I haven't seen anything quite like that. Could that be had at a Honda or Suzuki dealer? I have a buddy that worked for the local Suzuki shop and now owns his own shop. He can get me a good price if I can get him some part #'s or names/model #'s.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:43 AM   #29
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUKIMON View Post
That is a good price, but they don't have my size either.

Love the speaker kit. I haven't seen anything quite like that. Could that be had at a Honda or Suzuki dealer? I have a buddy that worked for the local Suzuki shop and now owns his own shop. He can get me a good price if I can get him some part #'s or names/model #'s.
IMC-200 and these guys carry them but I got mine at Ron Ayers,
http://www.whitehorsepress.com/produ...oducts_id=4987

Guy on another forum selling used Shoei...

http://www.gixxernation.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=5081
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:54 AM   #30
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

And it goes on from here...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Motor...Q5fMerchandise

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Motor...Q5fMerchandise

http://shop.ebay.com/items/__shark-h...em350162049019

Quite frankly,I'd take an older model Shark over a Scorpion any day,but that's just me. Note the Red Foggy Legend for $279 or the Red Duhammel for under $300! Oh and I've actually purchased from Moto-head zone in New York,they were good people to deal with and took good care of me when there was a minor problem. Figure out the MAX you can spend and what color/style you want and I'll find you a helmet at a good price from a reputable dealer,this I promise you!

Last edited by Amber Lamps; 02-10-2009 at 11:56 AM..
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote