Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

flames

and one is leather, the other mesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 07:05 PM   #43
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

he's pointing out that Icon is more flashy than the Joe Rocket
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 07:14 PM   #44
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
he's pointing out that Icon is more flashy than the Joe Rocket
yeah... that woulda been the "flames" part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 08:38 PM   #45
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

How does Icon gear hold up in crashes(Wether track or street)? That's what I'm more concerned about. I want something where I hit the ground nothing but my leathers will touch the ground. Torn stitching is not what I want in a crash. I've heard some say Icon has been known to do that.

I have Teknic gear now and kind of stumbled into it. I got a leather Teknic jacket from a buddy for $30 that is heavily padded and perfurated. Then got the Teknic Chicane leather pants for $150. Even though I've only been in sportbikes for a short while I heard nothing but Good from Teknic so I've stuck with them and probably will be a Teknic person for life.

I tried on Dainese but those legs are obvioulsy made for some skinny Italian ass. Not fat American Ass.

Then the other really good company I heard about is caled Taichi or something like that. But heard that name from a racer and can't find it anywhere.

As for how Flashy Icon is. If that's your thing then that's your thing. Bikes are flashy anyways(Take the 08 yellow/black flames R6). I prefer the more "Retro" cafe style look but really if someone wants to buy me a full on 1peice Teknic Kangaroo race suit in Pink then I'll take it and ride the shit out of it.
Old 03-28-2008, 01:55 AM   #46
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6doublefive321 View Post
Exhibit A: Icon

Brings new meaning to the term 'firecrotch'
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 02:59 AM   #47
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:

Exhibit B: Joe Rocket

See any difference?
Oh fucking please! That's one jacket out of like twenty and on top of that it's an old model they don't make anymore. If we want to play like that,I have an old Technic jacket that matched my '95 FZR1000 that had like 6 different colors on it. My Accerant jacket is white/black and they make one that's all black. Infact that exact model of Icon jacket pictured also came in solid colors. Shit I have the Dainese Tattoo that has "tribal" shit all over it and an Alpinestars T-Stunt that makes me look like the blue power ranger when I wear it with my Arai blue and white Signet helmet. Hell,you've never seen the fucking Joe Rocket Pascal Piquote(sp) "Joker" jacket and I think Shoei made a helmet to match?! Jesus fucking christ,I know you have a bias against Icon for some stupid reason but could you at least play fair? I mean you take the butt ass plainest JR jacket and match it against one of the flashiest(and old) Icon jackets. What kind of bullshit comparo is that? As far as protection goes, I've had the misfortune to crash wearing both Icon jackets(twice,in fact) and Dainese jackets. The Icons held together and the Dainese fell apart. Period. I had to send the Dainese out to be repaired and I still wear both Icon jackets. I've witnessed a Joe Rocket ballistic jacket fall apart in the first 20 feet of a crash. It was all skin after that baby! BTW I'm from Mi and have met the founder of Technics personally. Technics HQ was like 10 miles from my house. I was a Technic fan until a new pair $100 gloves fell apart while I was putting it on. Technic is made in China, probably at the same plant,using the same materials as Icon and Joe Rocket,don't fool yourself into thinking otherwise. Fuck if you want plain,Icon sells solid black jackets and even solid color helmets using non-gloss paint. How much plainer can you get? What's next,you gonna prove that Hondas are faster than Toyotas by pitting a Prius against a S2000? I don't mind someone being FOR a particular brand but for fuck's sake what is behind all this Icon hatred? IMHO for the money,you cannot buy more comfortable,better constructed,more armored riding gear period. Icon makes gear that'll protect you in a crash and you can wear in to the club without looking like a fucking clown. What's wrong with that?
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 05:46 AM   #48
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Oh fucking please! That's one jacket out of like twenty and on top of that it's an old model they don't make anymore. If we want to play like that,I have an old Technic jacket that matched my '95 FZR1000 that had like 6 different colors on it. My Accerant jacket is white/black and they make one that's all black. Infact that exact model of Icon jacket pictured also came in solid colors. Shit I have the Dainese Tattoo that has "tribal" shit all over it and an Alpinestars T-Stunt that makes me look like the blue power ranger when I wear it with my Arai blue and white Signet helmet. Hell,you've never seen the fucking Joe Rocket Pascal Piquote(sp) "Joker" jacket and I think Shoei made a helmet to match?! Jesus fucking christ,I know you have a bias against Icon for some stupid reason but could you at least play fair? I mean you take the butt ass plainest JR jacket and match it against one of the flashiest(and old) Icon jackets. What kind of bullshit comparo is that? As far as protection goes, I've had the misfortune to crash wearing both Icon jackets(twice,in fact) and Dainese jackets. The Icons held together and the Dainese fell apart. Period. I had to send the Dainese out to be repaired and I still wear both Icon jackets. I've witnessed a Joe Rocket ballistic jacket fall apart in the first 20 feet of a crash. It was all skin after that baby! BTW I'm from Mi and have met the founder of Technics personally. Technics HQ was like 10 miles from my house. I was a Technic fan until a new pair $100 gloves fell apart while I was putting it on. Technic is made in China, probably at the same plant,using the same materials as Icon and Joe Rocket,don't fool yourself into thinking otherwise. Fuck if you want plain,Icon sells solid black jackets and even solid color helmets using non-gloss paint. How much plainer can you get? What's next,you gonna prove that Hondas are faster than Toyotas by pitting a Prius against a S2000? I don't mind someone being FOR a particular brand but for fuck's sake what is behind all this Icon hatred? IMHO for the money,you cannot buy more comfortable,better constructed,more armored riding gear period. Icon makes gear that'll protect you in a crash and you can wear in to the club without looking like a fucking clown. What's wrong with that?
exactly!
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 06:00 AM   #49
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Like I said... I can't speak to Icon's quality... I just don't dig their style... it's changed since I first started riding... (and so has my taste) but I looked a lot at Icon when I first got into motorcycles... I think I was dead set on getting the Neo-Daytona jacket and their riding Jeans... and the boots (forget what model) back in 03...

I don't think the comparison above was a fair one... picking individual jackets... but if you look at the ENTIRE LINUP... Icon is geared more for the Flashy decals and designs than most. again not counting helmets.

I went with A* because I heard lots of great things about them... got a great deal on the gloves... they fit unbelieably well... then I found my jacket and fell in love with it... it's flashy because of the color...but not decals and shit... which is mystyle. Honestly it seems as though I have an A* body build... as nothing seems to fit me like A* does... I'm take'n a chance on Teknic pants... but I think I'll be ok.

in the end... as long as it holds up to what it's supposed to do... which is protect your ass in a wreck... then buy what you like... and let others buy what they like...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 08:19 AM   #50
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:

Exhibit B: Joe Rocket

See any difference?
Icon is gay... JR is just plain ugly.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote