Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 03-04-2009, 12:28 PM   #31
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Ouch.... they arent usually known for being overcritical on new bikes. Well, at least Adam Child isnt. I'm really looking foreward to the SR litre bike shootout, well any shootout, to see how the new bikes do.
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 12:35 PM   #32
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
Ouch.... they arent usually known for being overcritical on new bikes. Well, at least Adam Child isnt. I'm really looking foreward to the SR litre bike shootout, well any shootout, to see how the new bikes do.
I'm sure they all are pretty awesome and I'd be happy to own ANY of them.

When I bought the two Yammi's in 07...any of the 07's would have been great I'm sure.

I just liked the R1 and R6 the best overall and yes some of that was based on looks. The 07 GSXR 1000 out performed the R1 but they were close enough that with my skills...on the street mostly...that didn't really matter. I can't ride the R1 or R6 to their full potential. Most here can't either...I just don't have a problem admitting it.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 12:54 PM   #33
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

Oh I know I am not going to own up to any new liters performance capabilities. But I am capable of riding them well enough to have a preference! And I also have the abilities to appreciate them all for what they are and can do.

If someone gave me my choice tommorrow, for free, I would have to take the Yammie for lust factor. The CBR is a close second as it sets a new standard for liter bikes, the GSXR is the least desirable for me from a looks and ownership level. The Kawi only inspires a middle of the road kind of 3rd place since it looks identical to its little Bro...But it finishes above the GSXR for me cause it comes in green!

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 12:59 PM   #34
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Now here are some guys negatively representing motorcyclists...speeding,wheelies,illegal passes,crossing double lines...oh wait they have gear on so it's ok.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 01:18 PM   #35
Yamerhaw
Country Boy

Moto: 07 R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post
Oh I know I am not going to own up to any new liters performance capabilities. But I am capable of riding them well enough to have a preference! And I also have the abilities to appreciate them all for what they are and can do.

If someone gave me my choice tommorrow, for free, I would have to take the Yammie for lust factor. The CBR is a close second as it sets a new standard for liter bikes, the GSXR is the least desirable for me from a looks and ownership level. The Kawi only inspires a middle of the road kind of 3rd place since it looks identical to its little Bro...But it finishes above the GSXR for me cause it comes in green!
not really sure how the cbr has set any new standards, only thing it really does much better is mid range torque, then it runs out on top, just my opinion

but really all the new/newer 1000's are pretty awesome

It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.
Yamerhaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 01:21 PM   #36
z06boy
Letzroll

Quote:

Well I do agree on most all points and that's why I went with the R1/R6...they were my preference and had the highest lust factor as far as Japanese bikes.

I do like the Ducati 1098 but didn't want to spend the $$.

I just said that the performance is so close that on the street where most all of my riding is done and with my abilities...one doesn't really stand out over the other in performance.

My R1 rocks and I think it looks awesome as well.

I've owned Yamaha...Honda and Kawasaki. I admit I've never owned a Suzuki but have ridden them. I did consider the GSXR 750 but went with the R1.
Old 03-04-2009, 01:27 PM   #37
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamerhaw View Post
not really sure how the cbr has set any new standards, only thing it really does much better is mid range torque, then it runs out on top, just my opinion

but really all the new/newer 1000's are pretty awesome
It has the torque in the mid range in spades, flickable yet stable, lite enough with little dimensions and weight distribution to rewrite the book on open class race reps.

The CBR900 started the big power 600 chassis thing and held the title for years, then the R1 and GSXR always one upping it for power back and forth since about 97, then Kawi finally does away with the ZX9 and gets in the game, but the new CBR has turned quite a few heads. Roadracing World ran one to top finishes in a stock lightly modded form, all the other rags I have read (and I read a bunch) say it is heads and shoulders above the RR it replaces. I feel it would run away with any comparo save for the cross plane engine debuting this year...Once again my opinion and my preference. But I insist I am open minded about things and not in the least brand loyal...

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 02:06 PM   #38
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
When I bought the two Yammi's in 07...any of the 07's would have been great I'm sure.

I just liked the R1 and R6 the best overall and yes some of that was based on looks....they were my preference and had the highest lust factor as far as Japanese bikes.

I do like the Ducati 1098 but didn't want to spend the $$.
Why did you buy 2? Do you use them for different applications or just "Hey i think i'll ride the R6 today."

The Duc has that nice wow factor.... but its uncomfortable as fuck. The R1 is much more comfortable, and honestly, i like the looks of the 07/08 more than the Duc. I know... blasphemy right?

Quote:
It has the torque in the mid range in spades, flickable yet stable, lite enough with little dimensions and weight distribution to rewrite the book on open class race reps. all the other rags I have read (and I read a bunch) say it is heads and shoulders above the RR it replaces. I feel it would run away with any comparo save for the cross plane engine debuting this year...Once again my opinion and my preference.
The only thing i would have to say is that it didnt even really run away with the comparos last year. The zx10 has a stompin ass motor and that tainted alot of editors, which made it real close last year.

Now... im not gonna lie, i'd rock the new 09 CBR1000RR Repsol Edition
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 03:06 PM   #39
z06boy
Letzroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
Why did you buy 2? Do you use them for different applications or just "Hey i think i'll ride the R6 today."

The Duc has that nice wow factor.... but its uncomfortable as fuck. The R1 is much more comfortable, and honestly, i like the looks of the 07/08 more than the Duc. I know... blasphemy right?

The only thing i would have to say is that it didnt even really run away with the comparos last year. The zx10 has a stompin ass motor and that tainted alot of editors, which made it real close last year.

Now... im not gonna lie, i'd rock the new 09 CBR1000RR Repsol Edition

No not blasphemy...just another opinion like we all have. I have never ridden the 1098 but I do like the looks.

I have ridden a 999R Duc that belongs to another member here. It's a sexy bike indeed BUT my R1 is much more comfy to ride and overall I just like my R1 better. However when they came out with the 1098 I did think humm....I could see me on that bike.

I would have to ride the 1098 to honestly say I'd rather have it but I will say it's about the only bike out that I "might" take over my R1.

As far as why do I have both....well initially I was thinking 600 for the tight twisties and track and the R1 for everyday riding. However that changed when my wife took the MSF course and started riding...she actually owns the R6 now.

I personally think a 750 is about the perfect balance of power and size. I did consider the GSXR 750 but since I had owned a 2000 R1 several years ago and liked it then...I went with another R1.

The 848 Duc is nice but I would buy the 1098 over it all day long.

That 1000RR is sweet and I like Hondas as well.
Old 03-04-2009, 03:29 PM   #40
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
It has the torque in the mid range in spades, flickable yet stable, lite enough with little dimensions and weight distribution to rewrite the book on open class race reps.

The CBR900 started the big power 600 chassis thing and held the title for years, then the R1 and GSXR always one upping it for power back and forth since about 97, then Kawi finally does away with the ZX9 and gets in the game, but the new CBR has turned quite a few heads. Roadracing World ran one to top finishes in a stock lightly modded form, all the other rags I have read (and I read a bunch) say it is heads and shoulders above the RR it replaces. I feel it would run away with any comparo save for the cross plane engine debuting this year...Once again my opinion and my preference. But I insist I am open minded about things and not in the least brand loyal...
cmon now, i know you read FB and they have put the zx10 against the blade many times this year and they always call it honda for street and kwacker for track. Hell, just reading fagan's impressions on the kaw were enough to get me waNting one in my garage
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote