Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 05-30-2012, 07:20 PM   #4321
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
Its sad that people wont give a shit about work even when it deals with peoples health.
it goes down the line, for a tech or transporter they dont care because theyre name/license isnt on the line. Nurses are in the middle sometimes, theyre kind liable but soemtimes just dont give a shit. Docs, PA's, NP's have to care because were the ones who can get sued if things go wrong.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:50 PM   #4322
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Air to water bike engine conversion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=061M6...ture=g-all-lik
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 11:01 PM   #4323
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
it goes down the line, for a tech or transporter they dont care because theyre name/license isnt on the line. Nurses are in the middle sometimes, theyre kind liable but soemtimes just dont give a shit. Docs, PA's, NP's have to care because were the ones who can get sued if things go wrong.
Around here, it seems to be a game of "who can I dump my workload on". The nurses I deal with seem to think they're entitled to greatness because they were able to get a two year degree and they didn't like that they had to work while they were doing their clinicals. Why know a thing about EKGs when some underpaid EKG scrub like me can do it for them? Why clean their shit covered patient when they can call in a nurse tech? Why start a line when they can get one of the paramedics to do it. Why get vitals when they can get one of the students to do it for "practice". Why check on their patient when telemetry will call them if something bad happens. Besides, it's cutting into their DrawSomething and Facebook time, and they need to get down to the cafeteria to get some food before there is a line. Nurses aren't the only ones who do this, granted, but they sure act like the most entitled of the groups. I haven't taken the class that teaches that sense of entitlement, but then again, I'm not in the nursing program.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 07:11 AM   #4324
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Around here, it seems to be a game of "who can I dump my workload on". The nurses I deal with seem to think they're entitled to greatness because they were able to get a two year degree and they didn't like that they had to work while they were doing their clinicals. Why know a thing about EKGs when some underpaid EKG scrub like me can do it for them? Why clean their shit covered patient when they can call in a nurse tech? Why start a line when they can get one of the paramedics to do it. Why get vitals when they can get one of the students to do it for "practice". Why check on their patient when telemetry will call them if something bad happens. Besides, it's cutting into their DrawSomething and Facebook time, and they need to get down to the cafeteria to get some food before there is a line. Nurses aren't the only ones who do this, granted, but they sure act like the most entitled of the groups. I haven't taken the class that teaches that sense of entitlement, but then again, I'm not in the nursing program.

We get that too. I have had nurses spend 20 minutes looking for a tech to do a fingerstick when they easily could have done it themselves. Then I will ask some of the techs to do something and say its not in my area. I tell them its in the ER so it IS part of your area. Our problem is there is no middle ground with our techs. We have a handful that are rockstars and will help me out with anything, even if its not in their area, then the others are hardly worth the oxygen they breathe. They see the others will work hard so that means they can slack off even more.

Our problem is its nursing management whos in charge of them. Most of our charge nurses are useless as managers and our nursing supervisor is even more useless. She tried to write me up fo rgiving an ortho resident some fiberglass to use on a PT across the street at the other hospital. So she triies this in front of her little circle of looser friends. So my response was if you need to do that to justify your existance or make yourself feel important then go for it. She didnt like me much before but that sealed the deal. But a lot of the techs and even nurses loved me for saying it since they hate her her too.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 03:29 PM   #4325
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbs0v...eature=g-all-u
Old 06-10-2012, 02:27 PM   #4326
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqhlf...eature=related
Old 07-03-2012, 09:42 PM   #4327
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Its sounds like iraq outside and that shits not cool.
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:36 PM   #4328
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

My bud from AF said the same thing... said he can't sleep for shit with this.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:29 PM   #4329
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Any home invasions yet?
Old 07-03-2012, 11:47 PM   #4330
Dave
Chaotic Neutral