Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Which house would you choose?
House A: Big, fancy, look at me! 3 11.54%
House B: Smaller, easier to maintain, better locale. 22 84.62%
I fucker Tater's ex-wife in shmike's guest room. 1 3.85%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-05-2009, 06:12 PM   #41
goof2
AMA Supersport

Some additional factors have already been mentioned. Age of each house. School districts. Amount of foreclosures in each neighborhood. What you are going to have to spend to get either house how you want it.

Some that haven't been mentioned. Traffic in each area. Crime in each area. Sex offenders in each area. How much you are stretching your finances to buy.

If it were me, with all things being equal, I would go with house A. While most on this board would prefer the smaller house, from what I have seen most in the public would choose the larger house. At least around here there are a lot more families who would prefer a 5/5/3,500 over a 3/2/2,000.

Last edited by goof2; 08-05-2009 at 06:14 PM.. Reason: Messed up and put B instead of A.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 06:13 PM   #42
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttle View Post
Now imagine the money you could save by having a smaller house....

There is a difference between 2000 and 3500..... (a whole house for the average person)
OR NOT, my point was fleck pays more then i do for bills, yet he's in an apt. buying a "nicer" house may be more efficient that your not gonna get w/ a cheaper house, i know my builder doesn't build less then 3000sq ft. so who's to say another builders 2000sq ft house is as effecient as my 3500.

ok same neighborhood samo samo, would fleck rather have his family in a 800sq ft house or 3500sq ft house, both that he can afford comfortable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleck750 View Post
800. I hate cleaning. No, really.

The whole point of raising children is getting them out of the house. If it's a small house, they'll move out sooner.
NOW thats a great point........lol, we have kids to clean.......kekeke, ok a maid right now till the kids get older.
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 06:15 PM   #43
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
OR NOT, my point was fleck pays more then i do for bills, yet he's in an apt. buying a "nicer" house may be more efficient that your not gonna get w/ a cheaper house, i know my builder doesn't build less then 3000sq ft. so who's to say another builders 2000sq ft house is as effecient as my 3500.

ok same neighborhood samo samo, would fleck rather have his family in a 800sq ft house or 3500sq ft house, both that he can afford comfortable.

NOW thats a great point........lol
1. Fleck's a chick
2. Fleck I'm guessing is in an older house than yours, so that has to be taken into consideration when you think about efficiency. And EVERYONE in KC has $300 gas bills in the winter.
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 06:19 PM   #44
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHeather View Post
1. Fleck's a chick
2. Fleck I'm guessing is in an older house than yours, so that has to be taken into consideration when you think about efficiency. And EVERYONE in KC has $300 gas bills in the winter.
oops

sure it does, but cuttle made a blanket statement about big houses and big elec. bill that always isn't true.

and why am i the only 1 defending "big" houses, , i know troy and lee both have big houses......
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
Old 08-05-2009, 06:21 PM   #45
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Choice B period

Choice A tends to be foreclosure central.........Younger, less-stable homeowners who bought way out in the outskirts because that's the only place they could afford to buy a real house instead of a condo. But they're not desireable neighborhoods because they don't have any history, they aren't close to anything, and the architecture is generic. So they suffered the biggest drops in value. See: desert areas of Cali, Phoenix and Vegas.

Last edited by Homeslice; 08-05-2009 at 06:25 PM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 06:23 PM   #46
cuttle
now available w/o fish

Moto: DR650, Morini, 1/2 M900ie

Quote:
i know my builder doesn't build less then 3000sq ft. so who's to say another builders 2000sq ft house is as effecient as my 3500.
apparently your builder is the only builder in the world that's able to build energy efficient....

- R. K. Milholland
cuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 06:23 PM   #47
Fleck750
Spiker bike

Moto: KZ750

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHeather View Post
1. Fleck's a chick
When I had my 800 sq ft house, the bills never cost me over $150 a month. I spent money in new windows and it was insulated VERY well. It was 80 yrs. old, but it was built with solid oak, and had no structural problems. Also, the smaller the house, the cheaper the taxes.

I'm a small minority, I know. I hate huge houses. You never see the people you live with, something always needs cleaning. We live in a small duplex at the moment, but we have a basement, so it allows a spot to spend time alone, usually cleaning/working on the bikes. Everyone needs a refuge, but I would rather it be the basement than 3500 sq ft.
Old 08-05-2009, 06:24 PM   #48
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Choice B period

Choice A is what resulted in a lot of the foreclosures.........A bunch of tools who bought way out in the outskirts where the only advantage is lots of space for the dollar. But they're not desireable neighborhoods because they don't have any history, they aren't close to anything, and the architecture is generic. So they suffered the biggest drops in value.
and here i thought CA AZ and FLA were the reason for all our probs being what 50+% of the F/C are in those 3 states.
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
Old 08-05-2009, 06:26 PM   #49
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttle View Post
apparently your builder is the only builder in the world that's able to build energy efficient....
talking w/ alot of peeps you'd think. for whatever reason "our" houses are crazy efficient.

you think your gonna get that kinda efficiency from a cheap house, not. even "green" houses are crazy expensive.
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
Old 08-05-2009, 06:27 PM   #50
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
and here i thought CA AZ and FLA were the reason for all our probs being what 50+% of the F/C are in those 3 states.
Hmm, think I'm gonna call bs to that stat
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote