Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Riding Gear

Old 03-31-2008, 09:23 AM   #101
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
shit I forgot to check the post office... though it usually takes a bit longer for me...

hum... tight in the calves huh... that might be their down fall for me... the only part of my body that's not scrawny is my legs
I have very muscular legs, so if you are average in the calves, it should be fine.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 10:20 AM   #102
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Got my Teknic sport leather pants over the weekend. They fit a little big but oh well. They are tight in the calves though. Hopefully they stretch a bit there. Nice pants, thick leather and comfortable.
Yeah they'll stretch a bit.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 01:06 PM   #103
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Good gawd people!!!

First I must state that the world may be coming to an end fairly soon, Tigger and I are agreeing on yet another topic, altho I am not as forceful as he is by any means.

For those of you hating on Icon, please refer back to some of my other posts...

In the past ICON was all about flash and appearance, but the R&D they have done in the last few years has upgraded the quality of their gear considerably. I have this first hand from personal experience and also my local Parts Unlimited Rep. Does he need to sell this stuff? Yes, but does he tell it like it is? Most definitely!!! Currently ICON is street gear, and like someone else mentioned, very flashy, but they also have low key stuff.

JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER MANUFACTURER!!!

Until you actually try it out and see what its like, dont knock it!! Keep an open mind and stop harassing brands just cuz you dont like how it looks!! At some point in time we all wear something for looks and not performance! And as far as the performance goes, I'll trust ICON with my body and head every day, just like I trust my Joe Rocket gear, my Scorpion, my HJC, etc, etc etc...Yes, I am a Gear whore and I can vouch for the quality of MY ICON gear any day! If you dont like it, dont wear it! But dont knock it till you have the experience to say one way or another!

oh yeah, while i am thinking about it, most ALL of the stuff discussed here is made in cookie cutter factories overseas...so whether you think its better or not, its most likely all sewn by the same people in the same areas...you want super high quality, go custom!!
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 02:07 PM   #104
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rae View Post
Good gawd people!!!

First I must state that the world may be coming to an end fairly soon, Tigger and I are agreeing on yet another topic, altho I am not as forceful as he is by any means.

For those of you hating on Icon, please refer back to some of my other posts...

In the past ICON was all about flash and appearance, but the R&D they have done in the last few years has upgraded the quality of their gear considerably. I have this first hand from personal experience and also my local Parts Unlimited Rep. Does he need to sell this stuff? Yes, but does he tell it like it is? Most definitely!!! Currently ICON is street gear, and like someone else mentioned, very flashy, but they also have low key stuff.

JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER MANUFACTURER!!!

Until you actually try it out and see what its like, dont knock it!! Keep an open mind and stop harassing brands just cuz you dont like how it looks!! At some point in time we all wear something for looks and not performance! And as far as the performance goes, I'll trust ICON with my body and head every day, just like I trust my Joe Rocket gear, my Scorpion, my HJC, etc, etc etc...Yes, I am a Gear whore and I can vouch for the quality of MY ICON gear any day! If you dont like it, dont wear it! But dont knock it till you have the experience to say one way or another!

oh yeah, while i am thinking about it, most ALL of the stuff discussed here is made in cookie cutter factories overseas...so whether you think its better or not, its most likely all sewn by the same people in the same areas...you want super high quality, go custom!!
Ok you're back on the marriage list!!! BTW the best part for me is,not only have they not tried the gear but they obviously haven't even checked the website to see what Icon actually makes! (except Ebbs,finally)
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 02:25 PM   #105
Rider
Moto GP Star

http://thekneeslider.com/motorcycle-...cle-jacket.php

100% of these jackets are for suckers..... They might offer great protection, but I don't need to be looking like a clown when I roll down the street.

Edit: Of course this is my opinion on the mens gear. They make some cool stuff for the ladies though.

Last edited by Rider; 03-31-2008 at 02:37 PM..
Old 03-31-2008, 03:41 PM   #106
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R

Quote:

100% of these jackets are for suckers..... They might offer great protection, but I don't need to be looking like a clown when I roll down the street.

Edit: Of course this is my opinion on the mens gear. They make some cool stuff for the ladies though.
You miss this one? It's a serious riding jacket. Go try it on.

Quote:
Product Details & Description:

Stretch Ballistic Comfort Fit Chassis 1. 2-1. 4Mm Premium Grade Leather Impact Areas Removable CE A Pproved Shoulder And Elbow Armor Removable Insulated Windproof Liner Zippered Shoulder Vents
Old 03-31-2008, 03:42 PM   #107
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenix_Rider View Post
You miss this one? It's a serious riding jacket. Go try it on.

I did miss that one... Ok so you found one that I'd wear..
Old 03-31-2008, 03:46 PM   #108
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:

hey if you're not sexy enough to pull it off thats your problem buddy

Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 05:09 PM   #109
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
hey if you're not sexy enough to pull it off thats your problem buddy

Dave is my HERO!!!!

Quote:
I did miss that one... Ok so you found one that I'd wear..
Got ya,there's a picture of Ronald McDonald on the back!!! j/k!

Seriously,would you at least go to Icon's website and look over the entire line up before you pass judgement. Pretty please with sugar on it?!?
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 05:28 PM   #110
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

ICON does not make track appropriate gear. I can't trust something on the street that can't be track approved... for a few reasons. First of all, it doesn't make financial sense for me to have two wardrobes... one for street and one for track. Second, if I can't trust it on the track... it's not worth it.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote