Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 12-31-2009, 10:26 AM   #11
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Nice to see you able to ride again. And wonderful write up. I really like the Ultra Classic. Gas Man's is gorgeous...especially with the trunk off. I absolutely considered buying one...but not now, with what HD did to my beloved Buell.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 11:41 AM   #12
No Worries
Keyboard Racer

Moto: Old Superbikes

Congrats on riding again. I'm always nervous riding someone else's bike, even a demo bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Yeah, I could see how the Electra would be better for two-up touring, but recognize that you are talking to a guy who thinks riding a Buell across the country, then riding a 954 back is a good idea... and would do it again.
Next time you'll avoid Kansas, and will make it across the Rockies. West of Denver, you don't have several miles to make a pass around cars. So it's nice to have a powerful sport/tourer. But there is a shop nearby that tunes turboed Harleys on their dyno. That's what I'd want if I had a big Harley.
No Worries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 03:36 PM   #13
OTB
The Man

Moto: 00 Bimota DB4

Welcome back to the two-wheeled world.

I'd owned a new AMF Sporty way back in the when for a VERY short period of time as it was prone to fragging gearboxes, blowing off carbs during startup and shaking and shedding parts non-stop, so my opinion of Harleys had been very low. Then I picked up an 05 1200 Sporty a couple years ago and was really impressed with both the overall build quality and the way the bike ran. I rode it pretty much all summer (But still sold it, just like everything else but the Bimota).

They are nice bikes.....
OTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 03:54 PM   #14
t-homo
WSB Champion

Glad to hear you are back to riding again. Congrats.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 05:00 PM   #15
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

Welcome back to the two wheel world and that you had the opportunity to ride something you not have considered in the past.

I learned when I rode my first SB that there is a time and place for all kinds of bikes.
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 05:32 PM   #16
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Glad you got to ride again. I try to catch an HD demo day whenever possible, just to be able to ride.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 05:43 PM   #17
psychochild28
Banned

Moto: SV 650S

Glad to hear you're back on two!
psychochild28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 08:54 PM   #18
njchopper87
Bored

Moto: '01 Spirit 750

Great to see you back on two, and I enjoyed reading what you had to say about the bike.
njchopper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 01:08 AM   #19
Carolina
Says it's time to ride

Moto: 2003 honda CBR 954/ 2011 Road King classic

damn u always write so well, it leaves u wanting to read more u should become a motorcyclist writer,editor nway glad ya bck im still bikeless but also plan on getting a sport bike and jap cruiser later on. I fought and fight with so many people about dif bikes and benefits including chrome and phat tires etc... i love em all. I'm glad u had the experience I have ridden several harley's and dif cruisers and they are very comfy and my dad has a goldwing three wheeler i like that too music,comfort, shit cup holder, u can't beat it. now go find a lowered shiny busa so u can stop hating on those guys. lol
Old 01-01-2010, 01:23 AM   #20
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTB View Post
Welcome back to the two-wheeled world.

I'd owned a new AMF Sporty way back in the when for a VERY short period of time as it was prone to fragging gearboxes, blowing off carbs during startup and shaking and shedding parts non-stop, so my opinion of Harleys had been very low. Then I picked up an 05 1200 Sporty a couple years ago and was really impressed with both the overall build quality and the way the bike ran. I rode it pretty much all summer (But still sold it, just like everything else but the Bimota).

They are nice bikes.....
Ha we are old! I had an AMF Sporty too and after I broke down for the third time in 6 months, I traded it for the 1200 Sporty and it broke within 1,000 miles...Old Mr Barnett, let me trade it in for a '81 Yamaha Seca 750. A couple more Yamaha standards/cruisers and then I got my '88 V-Max....I was done with Harley, I don't know if I'll ever go back.

I'm glad you're riding again Zach! I still want you to come visit even if we're not going whoring....
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote