Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Track

Old 03-06-2011, 11:38 AM   #41
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000

First date I'm eyeing is 4/27. It's a Wednesday, so it'll require a day off work, but the few of us that go will have the place to ourselves!
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 07:50 PM   #42
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasternyou929 View Post
First date I'm eyeing is 4/27. It's a Wednesday, so it'll require a day off work, but the few of us that go will have the place to ourselves!
Where is this? My GF wants to do a track day this year if I can find her a spot that isn't too crazy for a beginner. I way as well be a virgin since most of you all were still in diapers the last time I was on a track... Link me the info if you don't mind or let me know if it posts on our other forum. Thanks.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:02 PM   #43
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasternyou929 View Post
which track and what org, I may not be back working but should have some cash, not sure if we will bring the mrs and lil one but its a tohught esp if its on main.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:23 AM   #44
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
Where is this? My GF wants to do a track day this year if I can find her a spot that isn't too crazy for a beginner. I way as well be a virgin since most of you all were still in diapers the last time I was on a track... Link me the info if you don't mind or let me know if it posts on our other forum. Thanks.
It's in West Virginia at Summit Point Motorsports Park.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
which track and what org, I may not be back working but should have some cash, not sure if we will bring the mrs and lil one but its a tohught esp if its on main.
www.motorcyclexcitement.com

You should both go, it'd be cool to meet you both there. They're pretty inexpensive as far as track days go. Shenandoah is completely separate from the main course though... I much prefer Shenandoah.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:01 AM   #45
CasterTroy

Might be getting slicks today or tomorrow.....depends on what stickboy can do compared to trackdaystore.

Seems tracksdaystore has diablo slicks for $370 for motard

If I can get tires ordered this week....I don't see issue with doing April 27...it's a kid free week and I got vacation.

Going up the night before and hotel? Camp? Head up early in the AM?

What's the plans for after the track? Head straight home?

You working thursday?
Old 03-08-2011, 10:11 AM   #46
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
Might be getting slicks today or tomorrow.....depends on what stickboy can do compared to trackdaystore.

Seems tracksdaystore has diablo slicks for $370 for motard

If I can get tires ordered this week....I don't see issue with doing April 27...it's a kid free week and I got vacation.

Going up the night before and hotel? Camp? Head up early in the AM?

What's the plans for after the track? Head straight home?

You working thursday?
I don't know what brand you're running, but you should check MizeMotors.com for prices too (might have to call Quentin to get the pricing). He'll be at Shenandoah and has always had competitive prices.

I'll head up Tuesday, probably try to hit the road about 3:00 or so. I'll camp out that night, ride Wednesday, then drive straight back and be home in plenty of time to sleep and go to work Thursday.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:35 AM   #47
Carolina
Says it's time to ride

Moto: 2003 honda CBR 954/ 2011 Road King classic

ill keep checking, i dnt get bck till may , saw some dates in atl but rather go to cmp
Old 03-08-2011, 11:16 AM   #48
CasterTroy

Sounds good.

Let me ask you THIS.....if I keep the cost of tires down I can do MORE days this year.

I ran some takeoff slicks on the DRZ at CMP in nov and loved them (once they warmed up) but I can't trust them for this season.

Thing is...I can get 2 sets of Q2's for the price of ONE set of slicks for the motard.

Given these are trakc days and I'm JUST intermediate.....should I opt for Q2's and get more days or stick with slicks and make the days I can do ungodly sticky?

What were the motards running at Shenandoah last year?
Old 03-08-2011, 11:23 AM   #49
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
Sounds good.

Let me ask you THIS.....if I keep the cost of tires down I can do MORE days this year.

I ran some takeoff slicks on the DRZ at CMP in nov and loved them (once they warmed up) but I can't trust them for this season.

Thing is...I can get 2 sets of Q2's for the price of ONE set of slicks for the motard.

Given these are trakc days and I'm JUST intermediate.....should I opt for Q2's and get more days or stick with slicks and make the days I can do ungodly sticky?

What were the motards running at Shenandoah last year?
Are you running tire warmers?
Old 03-08-2011, 05:15 PM   #50
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

I'm a big fan of using street/track tires as long as possible, so when you make the swtich to the "holy hell are those sticky!" tires, you get more out of them.

My first couple years I ran standard Pilot Powers for all my track days. If you can run a strong I-group pace with NESBA on street rubber, you'll love it when you make the transition to race tires.