Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Mechanical or Tech

Old 04-12-2008, 09:12 AM   #111
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

I love cats. They are way more badass than dogs... Think about it... a 70lbs dog can be pretty ominous... but if you had a cat of the same stature, it would be insane. Cats are faster, more athletic, have more weapons at their disposal, and are way smarter...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 11:01 AM   #112
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
I love cats. They are way more badass than dogs... Think about it... a 70lbs dog can be pretty ominous... but if you had a cat of the same stature, it would be insane. Cats are faster, more athletic, have more weapons at their disposal, and are way smarter...
but what good are they in life???

at least a dog (well, the right dog) will go get my bird after I shoot it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 12:15 PM   #113
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
but what good are they in life???

at least a dog (well, the right dog) will go get my bird after I shoot it.
My cat would too... He just wouldn't bring it back to me.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 01:20 PM   #114
comonboys
Ridin Naked. HMMMMM......

Moto: 650 SV

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
My cat would too... He just wouldn't bring it back to me.
My one plays fetch... At least she did til Cutty came around...... And tazi would just beat the shit out of anything. Sooooo, prob won't have much to bring it back to me. She loves chasing leaves too. It's freakin hilarious.... But our town has a no-roam policy on animals they have to have tags and if they are outside they must be within a fence. Soooo. A fence is going to have to come up. Which we both talked about underground fences. I just want a "cat house" that they can be locked in when we aren't home..... I don't want them running around. Hell, they are 7 and 5. So they have maybe at most 10 years left. I think Cutty can just deal with it.... He has for almost 3 years now anyway....
comonboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 01:47 PM   #115
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

10 years!!! damn... never had a cat live that long before at the farm..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 02:13 PM   #116
comonboys
Ridin Naked. HMMMMM......

Moto: 650 SV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
10 years!!! damn... never had a cat live that long before at the farm..
That a farm with other wild creators running around decline their life dear... You should have bought me a farm. Then they would have been outside without the worries of a fence. We still would have to have some shed for shelter but since you bought a house in town........
comonboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 04:30 PM   #117
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Quote:
Originally Posted by comonboys View Post
I just want a "cat house" ...
I'd love to own a cat house.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 12:38 AM   #118
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

Stop talking about cats in my garage thread, faggots. Cats suck.

Well as I said before, these couple weeks would see a shift in focus to getting the bike ready for the track and concurrently working on the garage (hopefully).

This past weekend it was real nice out so on saturday the first thing I did was go for a nice ride. Down the street from the office (where the garage is) is my folks' house, here's a pic of the lake. Awesome weather!

Back from the ride:

So then I spent the second part of saturday cleaning the garage. I organized all the tools and removed all the unnecessary ones and put them up in the 2nd floor apartment (next big project). The only things left are drywall related stuff, chop saw, vacuum, couple other tools. This took quite a while. Then I swept out the floor and it was ready for the garage's first REAL work to be done.

So I brought the bike in, and cracked a beer. I know the garage isn't done yet and I've got a lot left that I want to do, but it felt pretty fucking great to be using it for what it's meant for:

Took the wheels off:

Took em down to a buddy's who has a no-mar tire changer and got the new tires mounted:

Cleaned the shit out the whole drivetrain (sprockets, chain, wheels, cush). Before:

After.... BLING BLING!!! (this is for you, azoom!):

Lubed the cush and cush rubbers, reassembled the rear wheel, looks mint! Mmmmm the smell of fresh rubber...:

Stripped off the yamaha emblems:

Installed gas tank sliders (don't want to crash and have that bitch explode!):

Installed stompgrips on the tank and gave the bike a quick detail:

This coming weekend I'll be doing my 4,000 mile service, installing stainless steel brake lines and HH sintered pads, and hopefully doing some work on the mudding/sanding, but the bike takes precedence.
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 10:50 AM   #119
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Looks good man. Really nice work.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 02:06 AM   #120
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Looks good man. Really nice work.
Thanks dude. Appreciate it. I just want it to be DONE... but the bike has taken precedence, and other responsibilities keep popping up. I hope I can bang it out pretty soon and be really done.

This weekend was pretty much dedicated to riding the bike and then working on it. Friday night met up with a couple riders and did a couple hour jaunt up the north shore of MA. Good times.

Saturday was very nice out:

Rode for a couple hours and then decided to get to work. MAN did it feel cool to open up the garage doors and wrench on the bike in the nice weather while sipping a cold one:

One bad thing, though... the side panels by the gas tank are known for having a tab that can break easily... well mine broke and fell off somewhere without me knowing it. I ordered a new one from mrcycles and called stompgrip and they are sending me the small piece that goes on that part for free. No big deal, I'll just try to keep a better eye on it from now on. This side without:

What it's supposed to look like:

As an aside, my tool collection is starting to be pretty sweet. I got a dremel and some accessories and a dremel engraver to engrave my tools. Figured I'd snap a photo of the growing collection:

First things first, time to do the 4k mile service. Lubed all pivot points, repacked the wheel bearings (did this when i got new tires last week already actually), readjusted the chain slack to the slacker side of the spec since I'll be at the track soon and using more of the suspension travel, adjusted my throttle cable free play and I like to keep it adjusted a bit on the tight side, also lubed the chain a bit. Did the oil change as well.

Then it was time to check the spark plugs. Lots of fun... you get to remove the gas tank, airbox, throttle bodies, the works... all to get to the plugs:

When doing this I noticed the back of my intake valves were a little cruddy. I use good gas, so I'm not sure why this is happening but a slight overfill in oil could probably cause it. I am going to run some seafoam through the bike and that should clean it up.

Anyone know if running seafoam will heavily affect performance? If so, I'll wait until after my TDs next week to run it through.

Then it was time to sync the throttle bodies. Propped up the tank:

Here's the throttle bodies. I've circled three of the adjusting screws and three of the plugs for hooking up the tuner:

Basically you pull the plugs, hook up the sync tool, and adjust the screws to try to level them out. It's a sort of give and take, turning the 1 screw affects cylinders 1 and 3, turning the 2 screw affects cylinders 2 and 4, etc. After a little bit of messing, here's what you want it to look like:

That was it for the 4k service. Lastly I wanted to throw on my Galfer SS lines (dark smoke... look great) front and rear, HH pads, and fresh fluid. Also got speedbleeders for all the calipers (helped a LOT, and they're stainless too). Here's the stuff:

Then, my phone died because I left my charger in boston. Since my camera needs to be repaired, my phone is my camera right now, so I don't have any more pics. I'll snap some of the lines next time I get a chance. On the ride back to town, got the pads all scrubbed in... did a couple hard braking moves... HOLY SHIT do those things bite. Amazing difference from the stock lines/pads/fluid. Can't wait to get up to the track next week... been dreaming about it for six months.
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote