Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Touring

Old 08-21-2009, 04:50 PM   #31
Rider
Moto GP Star

I can't do the big bat wing and the suitcases. If I'm going cruiser it would have to be a night train

Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 04:52 PM   #32
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Oh, and my wife likes to ride along...and that is just simply not fun on the Buell. For her or me.

As far as the "suitcases"...I wanna be able to carry some shit. More than I can in my super tiny tank bag right now.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 05:04 PM   #33
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
You're selling me on this Ultra Classic, holmes. And we can definately run out to White's when you're in town. I need a few parts too...but I'm hoping to get those sooner than October.
There is reason why I went the way I went. I'll tip you the rest of the way when I'm in town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
I can't do the big bat wing and the suitcases. If I'm going cruiser it would have to be a night train
Really.... I thought you would be more a Night Rod type of guy. Or the new Muscle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Oh, and my wife likes to ride along...and that is just simply not fun on the Buell. For her or me.

As far as the "suitcases"...I wanna be able to carry some shit. More than I can in my super tiny tank bag right now.
Hey, I can take the wifey with me on the ultra when we go to the rally or whichever.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 05:40 PM   #34
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
There is reason why I went the way I went. I'll tip you the rest of the way when I'm in town.

Really.... I thought you would be more a Night Rod type of guy. Or the new Muscle.

Hey, I can take the wifey with me on the ultra when we go to the rally or whichever.
I love the Muscle. But I'm thinking if I go cruiser HD type I'm going bagger all the way.

And wife would probably be into riding on the UC.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:20 PM   #35
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

The muscle is sweet. As long as you still dont mind the lean forward stance. That's the deal breaker for me. Hell now that I'm use to my bagger, I don't even want to ride the nighster much.

Schweet... nothing better than a hot chick on the back of the bike.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 06:03 PM   #36
zer0t
Kneedragger

Moto: 2003 FLSTCI 2008 KTM RC8

I may change out the heritage for flhx. I test drove one the other day and really liked it.
zer0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 11:04 PM   #37
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post
Where ya been Capn? Good to hear from yas...
Been here and there. Start the new job the day after the Indy MotoGP. SO looking forward to a new bike next year. Although, I've been lowballing some auctions on ebay hoping to score a good deal. We shall see. Also really considering Harley's offer of getting a sportster prior to Aug 31 and having them give me full MSRP back if I trade it in within a year for a big twin (which I would trade it in for a Night Train).
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 02:14 AM   #38
sfarson
On a Ride

Moto: Two Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0t View Post
I may change out the heritage for flhx. I test drove one the other day and really liked it.
I swapped out the Road King for a Street Glide in June. Smitten with the thing. The '09 chassis improvements are striking. As Gas Man noted, the SG is kinda like a sporting E-Glide. Go short, go far, the bike delivers a grin on both kinds of journeys. And what a comfortable thing. A 300 mile ride feels like a 30 mile scoot (Especially with a middle-aged man back rest. Ha!).

As for the $price, yeah it tends to cost more. Someday when it is inevitably sold, it will also sell for more than the cheaper alternatives. There's two sides to the $ownership. The H-D also offers ABS, six speed trannies, Brembo braking, throttle by wire, slipper clutches (V-Rod), etc. The list is short of the metric cruising competition offering just a portion of the same. The Milwaukee bike has probably been the most reliable two wheeled thang I've had in the barn over the years.

From last week. A red denim matte finish to ride hard and not be prissy about.

Those clouds in the distance soon turned very moody and dark. Took this pic, made an about face, gunned the bike and watched my mirrors as the storm gave pursuit. It dropped a rare mountain tornado moments later behind me that tore through some nearby pines off to the right.
sfarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 07:33 AM   #39
zer0t
Kneedragger

Moto: 2003 FLSTCI 2008 KTM RC8

I was always interested, but the frame, chassis improvement along with the 180 rear tire and what looks like a sportbike tire up front sold me. My heritage is setup more like a deluxe right now and makes 110hp and 119 lb/tq so that's my only hesitance. But the fairing, a GPS (I am always lost), and satellite radio might be to much to pass up. Plus I think the FLHX is smoking hot looking.

I do like the brembos with abs as well.
zer0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 10:55 AM   #40
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
Been here and there. Start the new job the day after the Indy MotoGP. SO looking forward to a new bike next year. Although, I've been lowballing some auctions on ebay hoping to score a good deal. We shall see. Also really considering Harley's offer of getting a sportster prior to Aug 31 and having them give me full MSRP back if I trade it in within a year for a big twin (which I would trade it in for a Night Train).
Do it man. And you might wanna see if that offer extends to the XR1200. Technically it's still a sportster...and it's, in fact, sporty.

Quote: