Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 04-01-2010, 01:00 AM   #1
No Worries
Keyboard Racer

Moto: Old Superbikes
Default I have to carry my camera more often.

Yesterday the temperature hit 82 breaking a record. I think a lot of riders took off from work as there were motorcycles everywhere. I was riding west of town and came up next to a rider at a stoplight. What a strange sportbike; it had no front fork. It was a Bimota Tesi with the linked front end. He said it had an 1100 engine.

Today I rode up Lookout with my friends. One had a Gixxer 1000 and the other had an Aprilia Mille Factory that had been repaired. The Aprilia rider waved me ahead. At the top, he checked his tire pressure - 25 pounds in both tires. The Gixxer rider had a tire repair kit with two CO2 cartridges. One cartridge in the front tire raised it to 32. The other in the huge rear only raised it to 29. The fun part was three old guys working on his bike. I wish I had my camera.
No Worries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 03:53 AM   #2
Riceaholic
High Life Drinker

Moto: 01 GSXR 1000 - Yamaha Zuma 125

Tesi's are beautiful. I saw one in Daytona back in about '97 and it was an absolute work of art.
Riceaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 10:33 AM   #3
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Yeah that would have been cool. Those cartridges dont pack a great deal of air. I carry a pack of 15 in my tourpack... I figure if the tires flat I'll use them all.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:22 AM   #4
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

Even with a cell phone camera, I manage to miss a lot of photo ops that occur while driving/riding.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:40 AM   #5
tached1000rr
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2009 GSXR 1300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeptus_Minor View Post
Even with a cell phone camera, I manage to miss a lot of photo ops that occur while driving/riding.
me too and I've never been good at picture taking, before digi pics I was bad to use a roll of film and never get it developed.
tached1000rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 12:27 PM   #6
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

tesi is easily one of my favorite bikes. Was it half faired white with an orange red frame?
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:33 PM   #7
sfarson
On a Ride

Moto: Two Wheels

John... Those Tesi's are interesting bikes. The owner probably bought it from Erico. It sat on the floor for a loooong time. Happened to be in your neighborhood yesterday. Rode to Golden and had a 3M film shop place some clear protection at the bottom front of the fairing from the mile of dirt/rocks flung until I get to pavement. Following I rode the tunnels of Clear Creek Canyon up to Idaho Springs for some lunchtime chow.
sfarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 11:16 AM   #8
No Worries
Keyboard Racer

Moto: Old Superbikes

The Tesi was Italian flag colors, red, white, and green. He said he just moved to town, so I don't think he bought it at Erico's. It's funny when you come to a stop light by yourself, it takes about 10 minutes for the light to change green. But when you pull up next to an interesting bike or rider, the light changes green in ten seconds.

I've seen a Yamaha GTS1000 with it's massive beam front suspension and shock. But the Tesi had a delicate trellis front suspension. Pictures don't do it justice.

Steve, I don't go to Erico's. They are so friendly, I'm afraid I'll ride out on a new Ducati. Speaking of Erico's, did you go to Gary Eagan's talk a few years ago about his Iron-butt rides? There's an article about Eagan in the May issue of Motorcyclist.

And I did Lookout Mountain yesterday. Brought my camera and saw nothing. Except for the black clouds that were rolling in from the northwest. Looked like summer thunderstorm clouds so I went down quickly. Only saw one bike, a gray bike in a switchback that was going up. That wasn't you Steve, was it? I had my black Suzuki. What were you riding?
No Worries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 11:33 AM   #9
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Worries View Post
The Tesi was Italian flag colors, red, white, and green. He said he just moved to town, so I don't think he bought it at Erico's. It's funny when you come to a stop light by yourself, it takes about 10 minutes for the light to change green. But when you pull up next to an interesting bike or rider, the light changes green in ten seconds.

I've seen a Yamaha GTS1000 with it's massive beam front suspension and shock. But the Tesi had a delicate trellis front suspension. Pictures don't do it justice.

Steve, I don't go to Erico's. They are so friendly, I'm afraid I'll ride out on a new Ducati. Speaking of Erico's, did you go to Gary Eagan's talk a few years ago about his Iron-butt rides? There's an article about Eagan in the May issue of Motorcyclist.

And I did Lookout Mountain yesterday. Brought my camera and saw nothing. Except for the black clouds that were rolling in from the northwest. Looked like summer thunderstorm clouds so I went down quickly. Only saw one bike, a gray bike in a switchback that was going up. That wasn't you Steve, was it? I had my black Suzuki. What were you riding?
trellis front swingarm? Sounds like a tesi 3d
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 05:46 PM   #10
sfarson
On a Ride

Moto: Two Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Worries View Post

Yeah, wouldn't have been the Tesi at Erico. It was red/white/black. Let's see... yesterday was getting the VFR serviced along with some new tires placed, and Thursday... oh, rode to Deckers for a lunchmeat sandwich.
sfarson is offline   Reply With Quote