Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 10-27-2009, 01:49 PM   #21
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
If the fathers still around( not sure what sort of community the school is in) he will shift the blame to something else, cant be my son I did such a good job as a parent.

Tom
You'll get the typical quotes in the media: "He was such a good kid" or "He was really trying to turn his life around"

Wildchild makes an excellent and very true point regarding the "thug" culture prevalent in high schools. And no, its not just schools in the ghetto either, its everywhere. It has gone far beyond taking a weak kid's lunch money.

Listen to the music your local Hiphop station plays on the radio. Sure, the FCC forces Clear Channel to play edited versions with no dirty words but there seems to be little thought as to the content of the music itself, which clearly advocates thug culture (I.E., Drug use, bitches, guns, gangs, armed robbery, etc. etc.) Of course since it is played on the air, and the radio is regulated by the Fed Gov then most parents pay little attention to it thinking its safe. That is if they even care at all.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 01:58 PM   #22
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
You'll get the typical quotes in the media: "He was such a good kid" or "He was really trying to turn his life around"

Wildchild makes an excellent and very true point regarding the "thug" culture prevalent in high schools. And no, its not just schools in the ghetto either, its everywhere. It has gone far beyond taking a weak kid's lunch money.

Listen to the music your local Hiphop station plays on the radio. Sure, the FCC forces Clear Channel to play edited versions with no dirty words but there seems to be little thought as to the content of the music itself, which clearly advocates thug culture (I.E., Drug use, bitches, guns, gangs, armed robbery, etc. etc.) Of course since it is played on the air, and the radio is regulated by the Fed Gov then most parents pay little attention to it thinking its safe. That is if they even care at all.

I see those lines in the papers all the time here when theres a major crime, gets kinda played out actualy.

I find it funny that I grew up listening to heavy metal and turned out to be reasonably normal where they thought we were all devil worshiping child killers. I think theyre beyond blaming music after all the flack metal took several years back but its real easy to blame it on rap music anyway.

I especially love seeing the upper class white kids tryin to act all bad ass and thugged out, kids woul dprolly shit themselves if they ever saw a gun.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 01:59 PM   #23
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Yup, certain expressions are getting played out here too.

"good boy"

"turning his life around"

"well liked in the community"

"known to police"

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 02:05 PM   #24
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Yup, certain expressions are getting played out here too.

"good boy"

"turning his life around"

"well liked in the community"

"known to police"

Here its has a criminal record, but the other 3 are the same.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 02:18 PM   #25
njchopper87
Bored

Moto: '01 Spirit 750

Quote:
I see those lines in the papers all the time here when theres a major crime, gets kinda played out actualy.

I find it funny that I grew up listening to heavy metal and turned out to be reasonably normal where they thought we were all devil worshiping child killers. I think theyre beyond blaming music after all the flack metal took several years back but its real easy to blame it on rap music anyway.

I especially love seeing the upper class white kids tryin to act all bad ass and thugged out, kids woul dprolly shit themselves if they ever saw a gun.
I was just thinking the same thing. It's the same as blaming TV and video games for it all. I drowned myself in metal, video games, violent television and movies and I was still able to easily discern reality from fantasy. As a kid in elementary school at recess I pretended I was everything I saw with a few friends, but we never actually DID anything obscene. Perhaps we (referring to myself and friends) knew proper morals and etiquette from the way we were brought up?

There's nothing wrong with wiggers. They make me laugh.

I really am dissapointed to read about this.. I just don't understand what they were thinking. How do people arrive at the decision to pull something like this? Were they hit on the head with a hammer? Fucking idiots.. all of them.
njchopper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 02:25 PM   #26
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Quote:

I'm not blaming the music itself, I'm saying the music is part of the culture that allows these things to prevail. I'm vehemently anti-censorship, but they lyrics that these kids enjoy goes to show the mindset they've adopted.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Old 10-27-2009, 02:29 PM   #27
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6

Yeah, blame hip hop.
EpyonXero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 02:36 PM   #28
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpyonXero View Post
Yeah, blame hip hop.
That's not at all what I said.
Old 10-27-2009, 02:39 PM   #29
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

It's GW Bush's fault.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 02:41 PM   #30
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Kaneman, I get what you're saying about it being a reflection of the culture, just don't blame the music - it's just art (and like art, most sucks), and thus it merely imitates life (which can also suck).

Zappa once said that if Music were truly capable of making you do things...that historically, more music has been written about love than anything else....and by that logic, we should all be loving each other.